Coworkers opted not to work and getting unemployment?

Nolimitz

Depends on your state and if you have underlying health conditions.
that may be true, but the memo does not once mention UE benefits. In this state they would laugh you out of the office or online application. unless you had serious medical proof. Guess Im not into commiting FRAUD during a natl. emergency?? Sounds pretty lame to me.

fedx

Extra Large Package
that may be true, but the memo does not once mention UE benefits. In this state they would laugh you out of the office or online application. unless you had serious medical proof. Guess Im not into commiting FRAUD during a natl. emergency?? Sounds pretty lame to me.

Where does it say you can't get UE benefits? It doesn't. It says you don't have to work there if you don't feel safe. What "fraud" are you referring to? Where in that memo does it say you have to have serious medical proof? All you have to do is check with your state UE office and see if you can get UE benefits if you take a leave a absence from work. There's no "fraud" about it. If your UE office says you can, then fine. If not, then don't take a leave a absence. There's no fraud during a national emergency.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Voluntary leave rarely qualifies for UE. Too scary to work so go suck on govt teat

That's where you check with your local state UE office. You can either go suck on the gov't teat and make over 50% more money sitting at home or you can continue to work for FedEx, who won't give you a pay bump during this crisis, and risk getting the coronavirus. It's your choice. Be a "hero" putting your life at risk for nothing or be a safer, richer, and smarter leech.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's where you check with your local state UE office. You can either go suck on the gov't teat and make over 50% more money sitting at home or you can continue to work for FedEx, who won't give you a pay bump during this crisis, and risk getting the coronavirus. It's your choice. Be a "hero" putting your life at risk for nothing or be a safer, richer, and smarter leech.
And get your leech money after the crisis has ended. Good luck with that.

Nolimitz

Your parents should be real proud of you.

fedx

Extra Large Package
And get your leech money after the crisis has ended. Good luck with that.

When is it ending? I haven't heard about the stop time on the crisis. Anyway, after the crisis, you go back to work at FedEx. Remember it said you can take a leave of absence. You won't lose your job, so just go back when it's over.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Your parents should be real proud of you.

Would they be proud of you when they go visit your grave? "Our son was such a hero. He refused to take FedEx's stay home offer. He had a mission to help out FedEx and Fred S. Sure, he died of the coronavirus while serving, but we're so proud of him. We'll make sure we place flowers on his grave on each anniversary of his death while serving his company." Do you really think your parents would say that or would they be upset that you kept on working when you had a chance not to and would still be alive?

fedexnyc

My wife has auto immune issues.Her doctor said in no way should I be in a warehouse with other people at this time.So right now I am on my 88 hours of time off from the company and then yes,I will be filing for unemployment.I am not letting my wife get sick and possibly die because of some loyalty to FedEx.When it's safe I'll be back.

fedx

Extra Large Package
My wife has auto immune issues.Her doctor said in no way should I be in a warehouse with other people at this time.So right now I am on my 88 hours of time off from the company and then yes,I will be filing for unemployment.I am not letting my wife get sick and possibly die because of some loyalty to FedEx.When it's safe I'll be back.

That's called being smart and reasonable. Don't be a hero trying to prove you aren't afraid of some virus. The risk isn't worth it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
When is it ending? I haven't heard about the stop time on the crisis. Anyway, after the crisis, you go back to work at FedEx. Remember it said you can take a leave of absence. You won't lose your job, so just go back when it's over.
People aren’t getting the ‘benefits’ they expect because of processing delays. They could be living under an overpass by then. Makes playing the system a little less attractive.

Nolimitz

Would they be proud of you when they go visit your grave? "Our son was such a hero. He refused to take FedEx's stay home offer. He had a mission to help out FedEx and Fred S. Sure, he died of the coronavirus while serving, but we're so proud of him. We'll make sure we place flowers on his grave on each anniversary of his death while serving his company." Do you really think your parents would say that or would they be upset that you kept on working when you had a chance not to and would still be alive?
Both my parents are gone. Both were WW2 vets ( a grunt and a nurse) and instilled in their 8 kids the value of service to others. We all gotta go some time, I have lived a long productive life. Trying to instill the same values to my two adopted kids. You keep sucking on that teat...

Working4the1%

Both my parents are gone. Both were WW2 vets ( a grunt and a nurse) and instilled in their 8 kids the value of service to others. We all gotta go some time, I have lived a long productive life. Trying to instill the same values to my two adopted kids. You keep sucking on that teat...
JOHN PRINE another victim of DEAR LEADERS covid ineptitude.......

fedx

Extra Large Package

First of all, I'm not on a leave of absence (sucking on the teat). I said I'll look into it. If it's so bad, why is FedEx offering it? I mean if you can make $1,000 a week sitting at home vs $600 a week working AND risking catching coronavirus, why would anyone in their right mind choose to keep working? It's a no brainer. But that's only if you can get paid while sitting at home. If they aren't going to pay me unemployment while on a leave of absence, then I'm not going to do it. It's all about who's gonna pay me more.