Dealing with a beeping super jerk!

gman042

Been around the block a few times
As you can see from the responses, Ms. K. UPS drivers tend to be very jaded when it comes to complaints. We get complaints all the time. Some are warranted while some are not. When it comes right down to it there is a job to do. We are responsible for delivering every single package on our truck every single day. Sometimes that calls for us to show up on some porch somewhere later in the evening.
We all have our challenges. You don't know your driver's challenges and he does not know yours. BUT...if you give him attitude it is just human nature to react in the same manner.

i dont understand why you think the driver had a choice in being out late at 930 and can control a beeping truck

I know that UPS can show up late. I was asking if he could control a beeping truck because my normal UPS guy's truck never beeps. It makes sense, then, that it can be controlled. As far as the late-night thing, I was asking if drivers are supposed to knock/ring doorbell late at night, as opposed to just leaving packages at the door. This is the first time in my life that the driver knocked at my door so late. Some people not me) are asleep by 9:30 at night, so it would make sense if the drivers were instructed not to knock past a certain hour.

Box Ox

I actually had a great UPS guy for about 5 years. His truck never beeped, he was super polite, and he always showed up in the afternoon. But my last two UPS experiences were with the late-night jerk.

Good news: Your “gangbanger” is probably just a seasonal driver anyway and will be gone by mid-January.

Dude, it was a return that I initiated through Amazon. There was no ETA.

9 out of 10 customers get it and put call tag returns on their porches, unless they’re in ghetoville. Do that and the bad man won’t bother you.

So what's your plan of attack when you hear that annoying beeping sound getting louder and louder at 9:29 this evening?

NR3

Nolimitz

I have returned numerous items to Amazon, never once did they offer to have a pick up. I had to take it to a shipper. If they sent UPS a call tag for a pick up the clock starts then, not 2 days later

Box Ox

I have returned numerous items to Amazon, never once did they offer to have a pick up. I had to take it to a shipper. If they sent UPS a call tag for a pick up the clock starts then, not 2 days later

I always keep an eye out for porch pick up packages even if there’s not a call tag for an address I’m delivering to. Customers who just trust the UPS guy to look out for them and do his job are the best.

IESucks

I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?
Wow, what an attitude miss perfect. Perhaps you could have said wow, ur working late, thanks for my package. It would have been a two minute max delivery to you. When something is suppose to be ready for pickup, HAVEITREADY by ur door outside. If it's too inconvenient for you,don't order packages to be delivered

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Your analysis on him being a Mexican identify points prove that he looks like he's in a gang , you've made some good point, about the beeping it just a clock timer just like your microwave to let you know it's deliver and ready for pickup .

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not all trucks or beeping arrangements are the same. Mine will beep when the brake is not engaged, easily turned off; when the dash lights are on, also easily turned off but an extra step in the routine; and when the flashers are on, which can be turned off, but we are required to have our flashers on while at a stop for visibility reasons. A mechanic would have to dampen the beeps, and not all of them are willing to.

Future

Victory Ride
3C7DF11B-85B7-4C0E-BCD0-A951AEE07027.gif

Future

Victory Ride
I know that UPS can show up late. I was asking if he could control a beeping truck because my normal UPS guy's truck never beeps. It makes sense, then, that it can be controlled. As far as the late-night thing, I was asking if drivers are supposed to knock/ring doorbell late at night, as opposed to just leaving packages at the door. This is the first time in my life that the driver knocked at my door so late. Some people not me) are asleep by 9:30 at night, so it would make sense if the drivers were instructed not to knock past a certain hour.
9DDBAD02-6FFE-4D1B-A16B-06344D0BE580.gif

Dhydratd

I know that UPS can show up late. I was asking if he could control a beeping truck because my normal UPS guy's truck never beeps. It makes sense, then, that it can be controlled.
You stated that your "normal" guy comes in the afternoon. That would explain why his truck doesn't beep. The later driver would have his headlights on and the beeper is tied to the headlamp switch. There is a way to turn off the beeper, but a lot of the drivers haven't figured out how to do it yet. Tell ya what, if you don't like the beeper then quit ordering :censored2:!!