Dealing with a beeping super jerk!

CoolStoryBro

When people complain that I deliver to them past 10 PM I thank them and ask them to please call UPS and complain. I don't want to work past 10 PM either. The only consolation is that I'm making $54.40 an hour.

DRporch

i told my boss to make the beeping stop and to not force me to be out until 9:30. next day i was in a Spicer... needless to say i missed the beeping

I have several thoughts on this:

First of all, it is possible to silence the beeping by simply dimming the dashboard display.

Second, if the driver stopped at her house and then drove 20' to the next one he chose a poor parking position. It's what I call "splitting the difference"-----park between the two stops so that they can both be walked off from the same parked position.

Third, we as drivers are obligated to answer any and all reasonable inquiries from the customer in a professional manner. Our guy should have told her who he worked for the first time that she asked.

Fourth, if you didn't want to be bothered, you should have put the return by your front door. The driver would have affixed the return label and left your receipt between the storm and front doors.

Finally, a reply from someone who acts like a gentleman. Thank you. My only reservation about putting the package outside was that since the driver has such a huge time range during which he can show up, I'm concerned that someone could steal the package if it's just sitting there all day, and especially once it gets dark.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Finally, a reply from someone who acts like a gentleman. Thank you. My only reservation about putting the package outside was that since the driver has such a huge time range during which he can show up, I'm concerned that someone could steal the package if it's just sitting there all day, and especially once it gets dark.

You in the ghetto ?

I'm betting he isn't putting his e brake on. My new truck beeps only when it isn't. Upstate is correct with the light switch dimmer. Really the beeping, isn't that loud. Annoying , yes.

Lady. You know he comes at 9-9:30. Put the package out at 8:45. Then he will be on his way.

Try to enjoy the holidays. We are trying our best to get you what you need for it. So far your not off to a good start

I actually had a great UPS guy for about 5 years. His truck never beeped, he was super polite, and he always showed up in the afternoon. But my last two UPS experiences were with the late-night jerk.

DRporch

I actually had a great UPS guy for about 5 years. His truck never beeped, he was super polite, and he always showed up in the afternoon. But my last two UPS experiences were with the late-night jerk.

i dont understand why you think the driver had a choice in being out late at 930 and can control a beeping truck

DRporch

Um no, it wasn't racist. I was saying he looks like a Mexican gang member, as opposed to a white gang member or a black gang member. It's possible to describe someone's physical appearance in regard to their nationality without being racist. That's what I was doing.
you could have said "gangbanger" describing his Race makes you seem like a Racist. Boom.

Nolimitz

it wasn't even ready! get a life lady

I'm not a homeowner; just a UPS driver. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I pulled up in front of a house. Since it was late, I decided not to honk out of respect for the homeowner. I got out and approached the front door. The parking brake indicator beeper had been beeping all day... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. This racist woman screamed at me, calling me a gang banger, yelling at me from her balcony to turn the (friend)ing beeper off. She screamed so loud her dog started barking and her kid stated crying.

She said she was going to call in a complaint, screaming "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you (friend)ing
work for." Since she was completely disrespectful, calling me by a racist name I said, "I'm not telling you."

I ignored ignored her, walked back to the truck, drove about 20 feet to my next house so the beeping would not be so loud for her.

Last night, after working 12 1/2 strait hours at 9:30 at night I went to her door for a call tag. In her condescending voice she says: "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." I respectfully respond: "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

She uses the friend word, threatening me, saying: "WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody. I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." She calls me "a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s." So I leave.

Honestly, if she had acted like a decent person not having a racist disrespectful attitude I would have not slashed her tires and set her garage on fire.

Do you think I over-reacted?

Do you actually think I *said* those things to him? No, I used quotation marks to show what I said. Other info is just what I was thinking.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Porch pirates generally leave plain, unmarked boxes alone.

Ms.PacMan

Do you actually think I *said* those things to him? No, I used quotation marks to show what I said. Other info is just what I was thinking.

That's good to know that just thinking things and not saying them somehow makes you a better person than you are because I think everyone reading this thinks you're a "c.unt". No offense of course.