DIAD ran out of battery. Sup wants me to use my personal cell phone.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Happened today battery down to 30% sent message to center “diad about to die radio will be off”. Radio went off and finished deliveries. Turned radio on and diad went dead 10 min later
This is a good tip to know. I didn't know the radio ate that much battery up.

mrbrownstone

As a driver the arguement for lack of willingness to use a personal phone is elementary, absurd, and ridiculous.

Sure, UPS does not provide you with a cell phone but they pay you enough hourly to own one. Oh wait, is this 1996 when you have to pay roaming costs or minutes usage? I think not unless you are on the cheapest of cheap prepaid plans. More than likely you have unlimited minutes and texting throughout the US.

If you want to run up the clock and play games have fun. I will use my phone to my advantage to make calls, use gps and do what the :censored2: I have to do to get done and see my family.

mrbrownstone

As a driver the arguement for lack of willingness to use a personal phone is elementary, absurd, and ridiculous.

Sure, UPS does not provide you with a cell phone but they pay you enough hourly to own one. Oh wait, is this 1996 when you have to pay roaming costs or minutes usage? I think not unless you are on the cheapest of cheap prepaid plans. More than likely you have unlimited minutes and texting throughout the US.

If you want to run up the clock and play games have fun. I will use my phone to my advantage to make calls, use gps and do what the :censored2: I have to do to get done and see my family.

P. S. There are other jobs in this world where you might have to use your own cell phone e.g. my father was a surgeon and used his own phone. It's called a tax write off.