DIAD ran out of battery. Sup wants me to use my personal cell phone.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
And while we're at it, the same went for calling random customers who got impatient for their stuff and mgmt wanted me to call them in resis and set up a meet point. No way.
I told them I didn't want them having my number for future situations and bugging me while I'm working. I had a couple of times where a clerk or oms would actually give them my cell number and I'd just delete the voice mail.
If they can find me fine, otherwise I'll get there when I get there.

And while we're at it, the same went for calling random customers who got impatient for their stuff and mgmt wanted me to call them in resis and set up a meet point. No way.
I told them I didn't want them having my number for future situations and bugging me while I'm working. I had a couple of times where a clerk or oms would actually give them my cell number and I'd just delete the voice mail.
If they can find me fine, otherwise I'll get there when I get there.
Definitely do not call any residential customers. friend* that. I have a few business customers that I've been dealing with for years that have my number and they don't abuse it.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Brother, not to be a jerk off......but regardless if you are a 2 year or 20 year driver for UPS and you have to actually think about or ask something like this in regards to the "working as directed" nonsense about using YOUR personal property to complete the job......well lets just say you are gonna get stepped all over and left laying in the curb.

Still fairly new, the whole reason I asked was to make sure I don't let them get away with some slick sh**. I ended up getting paid to sit and wait for an hour, so i'd call that a win.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Still fairly new, the whole reason I asked was to make sure I don't let them get away with some slick sh**. I ended up getting paid to sit and wait for an hour, so i'd call that a win.
next thing you know , they will want you to make stops on your way home in your car. it's always the same with UPS. give them an inch and they will take a mile.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'll have to check that out tomorrow. We don't even have spare batteries. They have to send the diads in for service when the batteries go bad.
Our silver tabs are secured by screws. I guess we could remove those easily enough, but we still don't have spare batteries.

Hitting the same button over and over and over must have work related wear and tear on your joints and ligaments, which may cause work related injuries resulting in physical therapy or surgery.

Sounds like something management should do.

Dr.Brownz

Thanks for reminding me about battery life problems! Haven't been out that late in a while, will have to see what mine says when I finish monday.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Also the battery drains quickly in cold weather, I will put the diad on the defroster for 5 minutes to warm diad up that will also help battery