DIAD ran out of battery. Sup wants me to use my personal cell phone.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Supervisor asked me to take pictures with my cell phone of every label that I deliver while I wait for them to bring me a battery. I really don't want to use my personal phone for this reason. Can I refuse, or is this a work-as-directed situation?

The way I see it,

1. UPS doesn't pay my phone bill.
2. I could get in trouble for unknowingly DRing a No DR address.

Thoughts?
Sit and wait for a new DIAD. You make more money that way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is also more to life than giving it away to the company you work for. Sometimes life can be used as a teaching tool.

What lesson can be learned by sitting on the side of the road for an hour or so waiting for someone to bring you a new DIAD?

I'll bet you don't even use that time to set up the rest of your deliveries.

Work smarter, not harder-----use your cell phone to take pictures of the labels and then scan those pictures when you get back to the building. You can also pull the PAL labels but then you would have to either use Find BC or force them all in when you got back.

Do you ever get tired of hiding behind the contract?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
What lesson can be learned by sitting on the side of the road for an hour or so waiting for someone to bring you a new DIAD?

Work smarter, not harder-----use your cell phone to take pictures of the labels and then scan those pictures when you get back to the building. You can also pull the PAL labels but then you would have to either use Find BC or force them all in when you got back.

We are instructed to not scan the barcode until we are actually at the stop. Completing stops at the center with not give an accurate GPS stamp for the resulting driver followup. I'm not paying a claim for a bad DR when a multi-billion dollar company chooses not to provide backup batteries to it's employees.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
If your competition, team eggplant, supplies extra lithium ion batteries for their route drivers, why can't brownies have the same thing?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

It’s a COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT!
What reason do I have to use my person cellphone to do replace a device that’s issued by a multi billion dollar company? Why sort my load? We have a pre load, pal system and Orian that works perfectly. The lesson is that they would never ask me to use my phone because they were taught these lessons over the last 25 years.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It’s a COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT!
What reason do I have to use my person cellphone to do replace a device that’s issued by a multi billion dollar company? Why sort my load? We have a pre load, pal system and Orian that works perfectly. The lesson is that they would never ask me to use my phone because they were taught these lessons over the last 25 years.

Hiding behind the CBA—-classic Joe Union move.

jalnar

Hey Upstatenyupser

I would eat you for a snack,if you where my OCS.In life you have to adjust,but when you are told something that if you deviate from you are fired you dont. This is not a new problem, just has not worked up the food chain.The company only got reflected vests AFTER people where killed,so the collateral damage was greater then the cost. Same thing here,a driver will need to communicate with the center because he has no cell phone(battery is dead also),and DIAD battery is also dead,and cant.G D for bid something bad happens,then maybe after 20 plus years of having a DIAD,having an extra battery,or a place to charge the battery will make sense.

Remeber after you leave here(Earth),The guy upstairs evens the scorecard,and from the sound of your posts,you have a rude awaking coming.

Proud to be UNION,always have past,present and future.

Re-Raise

CC7D2830-D363-4855-B22F-8FBA6EA98B91.jpeg

Solar panels

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Happened today battery down to 30% sent message to center “diad about to die radio will be off”. Radio went off and finished deliveries. Turned radio on and diad went dead 10 min later