Do you have a valid non CDL Class C license?

Hi all,

I was a driver helper and sorter several years ago. Left UPS and have been driving a city bus on a class B CDL since then. That's now ending and I'd like to apply for a seasonal driver position back at UPS but the application says, "Do you have a valid non CDL Class C license?" I know my B is "above" the standard C and should be backwards compatible, but the way they worded the question made me wonder if they turn away class B and *require* a class C. Any help or advice is appreciated. thanks.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hi all,

I was a driver helper and sorter several years ago. Left UPS and have been driving a city bus on a class B CDL since then. That's now ending and I'd like to apply for a seasonal driver position back at UPS but the application says, "Do you have a valid non CDL Class C license?" I know my B is "above" the standard C and should be backwards compatible, but the way they worded the question made me wonder if they turn away class B and *require* a class C. Any help or advice is appreciated. thanks.

I can't believe you really have to ask that question and I can't believe I'm actually going to respond. You need a license to drive at UPS. The class C or D is the lowest form of license you can get above a learner's permit.

They were right, it was pretty easy and fulfilling being nice. Thanks!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I can't believe you really have to ask that question and I can't believe I'm actually going to respond. You need a license to drive at UPS. The class C or D is the lowest form of license you can get above a learner's permit.

Class A, B, and C are CDL’s aren’t they? Class D is a basic drivers license.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Class C or D in some states is the basic license.
Gotcha. Just looked it up and apparently there are non-CDL class C’s which basically means you can drive any non commercial vehicle weighing less than 26,000 pounds.

Class A, B, and C are CDL’s aren’t they? Class D is a basic drivers license.

Yes, but the way the question is worded made me wonder if they, for whatever reason, don't want someone with a class B. Back when I was with them driving wasn't on my radar so I don't know what they're looking for other than what the application says. Thanks.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yes, but the way the question is worded made me wonder if they, for whatever reason, don't want someone with a class B. Back when I was with them driving wasn't on my radar so I don't know what they're looking for other than what the application says. Thanks.
What state are you in?

They just want you to have a valid driver license higher than a permit or motorcycle.

I'm in Illinois. Here class D is regular, class C is first level CDL, class B is next with air brakes/vehicles that hold more than 16 persons, class A is tractor/trailer.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They are all backwards compatible. My class a license lists ABCD on the front. If i had a class b it would list BCD

over9five

Staff member
Hi all,

You are WAAAAAAY over-thinking this. You're all set with your class B!

oldngray

nowhere special

lowest other than a motorcycle only license