Don't get fooled when contract gets reworked.

Doubleparkedrunner

We all know that you never give your best offer right off he bat in any negotiations. I'm just looking ahead and fearful of people getting fooled by UPS " upping " the offer by taking away some of the crap off the edges of this first proposal.
I think it was just their plan all along to make such a ridiculously terrible offer that when they remove some of the things " they wanted "
( didn't really want; just wanted to use sleight of hand to misdirect us )
we will jump all over it being tricked into thinking that they are now offering a good contract.

Don't be fooled two or three months down the road; They offered us a big , steaming pile of dog chit on a platter. Just because they come back and tweak it by offering a couple pieces of bread, that just changes the offer from a steaming pile of dog crap on a platter to a chit sandwich that you can now take with you and eat on the run
(prob while driving cuz they gave a 13 hour dispatch on an 8 hour request) .

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
well with the union and the company standing behind this mess, realistically how much change do you really think is gonna happen with a no vote? best case is they remove the "as along as work is available" language and maybe let the new 22.4s opt onto 9.5 list or at least pay them double time after 50 hours instead of 60 so they get paid as there abused. up the raise to a straight dollar a year or attach a signing bonus and the rest of the problem language will not change and it will pass. i mean if this was ups's offer and the teamsters hated it and said screw that and told us to vote no we might have a shot of real change to avoid a strike. but that is not the case.

Indecisi0n

We all know that you never give your best offer right off he bat in any negotiations. I'm just looking ahead and fearful of people getting fooled by UPS " upping " the offer by taking away some of the crap off the edges of this first proposal.
I think it was just their plan all along to make such a ridiculously terrible offer that when they remove some of the things " they wanted "
we will jump all over it being tricked into thinking that they are now offering a good contract.

Don't be fooled two or three months down the road; They offered us a big , steaming pile of dog chit on a platter. Just because they come back and tweak it by offering a couple pieces of bread, that just changes the offer from a steaming pile of dog crap on a platter to a chit sandwich that you can now take with you and eat on the run
Bread is carbs which go right to the hips. Can't have those during the summer.

Doubleparkedrunner

image.jpeg
Bread is carbs which go right to the hips. Can't have those during the summer.

I guess we will just have to shove this contract into these to keep our weight down.

Days

@just chillin'

That's pretty sad imho that it was a handshake agreement and then we have people who don't even have degrees or any experience in negotiations pointing out all the concessions and faults in the language.

john chesney

You just can’t polish a turd no matter how hard you try

Doubleparkedrunner

@just chillin'

That's pretty sad imho that it was a handshake agreement and then we have people who don't even have degrees or any experience in negotiations pointing out all the concessions and faults in the language.

That's because most of the union at UPS are hardworking , street smart type of people who "just get the job done". It really takes a special type of person to do this work not only with little to no appreciation but instead , surprisingly , with multiple harassment problems on a semi regular to constant basis.
In order to survive here you have to have the aforementioned street smarts , an excellent work ethic and sadly , an innate ability in game theory to see " 5 moves down the road " in what UPS is going to pull next to get one over on you.
It's precisely these types of people who can actually survive here long term and it coincidentally is precisely these same types of people who are able to see through the bull chit and call a spade a spade.
If UPS' everlasting wet dream that anyone could do this job was a reality, then it would be those types of people exactly who would just sign off on every agreement just saying,
" thank you sir; may I have another?"

El Correcto

god is dead
That's because most of the union at UPS are hardworking , street smart type of people who "just get the job done". It really takes a special type of person to do this work not only with little to no appreciation but instead , surprisingly , with multiple harassment problems on a semi regular to constant basis.
In order to survive here you have to have the aforementioned street smarts , an excellent work ethic and sadly , an innate ability in game theory to see " 5 moves down the road " in what UPS is going to pull next to get one over on you.
It's precisely these types of people who can actually survive here long term and it coincidentally is precisely these same types of people who are able to see through the bull chit and call a spade a spade.
If UPS' everlasting wet dream that anyone could do this job was a reality, then it would be those types of people exactly who would just sign off on every agreement just saying,
" thank you sir; may I have another?"
All I needed was to know how to drive a standard, a map and a tub of lube

Hethatbeking

Taking your wisdom and putting it in my back pocket for later use.

brown_trousers

well with the union and the company standing behind this mess, realistically how much change do you really think is gonna happen with a no vote?

Yep! UPS and our union are definitely pulling some trickery on us with this contract.

But this is what we get for letting them scheme in private. They have proven that they should not be allowed to negotiate in private. negotiations need to be made available to the membership to observe, otherwise we end up with crap like 22.4

moomoom

Yea this is what I figured. Honestly if they just bump pt to 14 or 15 with months of backpay piled up they can push anything else through. 1-2k checks for underpaid pters around christmas? yes please.

DOK

well with the union and the company standing behind this mess, realistically how much change do you really think is gonna happen with a no vote? best case is they remove the "as along as work is available" language and maybe let the new 22.4s opt onto 9.5 list or at least pay them double time after 50 hours instead of 60 so they get paid as there abused. up the raise to a straight dollar a year or attach a signing bonus and the rest of the problem language will not change and it will pass. i mean if this was ups's offer and the teamsters hated it and said screw that and told us to vote no we might have a shot of real change to avoid a strike. but that is not the case.

How about eliminate the 22.4 section all together? There’s no need for this language whatsoever.

Days

Yea this is what I figured. Honestly if they just bump pt to 14 or 15 with months of backpay piled up they can push anything else through. 1-2k checks for underpaid pters around christmas? yes please.

At our center our wages are actually 15 an hour but they're frozen. We don't receive raises and I've been there for almost 5 years. I don't get a raise until 3 years from now under this current contract. If they could make our wages 15 and then let us receive raises I'd be pretty happy