trickpony1

Yeah, I feel more relaxed about it today. I saw our Primary shifter work today and he setup 9 trailers in 13 mins, lol. All Long trailers in our tiny yard too.

I was told we're allowed 3 minutes per move.

Congestion could cause this to be longer.

Sound like the primary shifter is experienced and wasn't dealing with alot of congestion or trailers buried by other trailers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Sound like the primary shifter is experienced and wasn't dealing with alot of congestion or trailers buried by other trailers.
Never heard that one, seems a bit optimistic.

specter208

He is a 20+ year Combo Shifter/Air Driver. He was spotting 53's like they were 28's.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You don't have to move "much faster". You're handling heavy equipment so your number one concern is safety. Take it easy and don't let those jerk offs on the preload push you into moving faster than you feel comfortable. Once you've been shifting for a little while you'll get get more of a feel for it and you won't feel so stressed.
Great post @Jones

Covemastah

You my friend are the only surgeon on duty !!!
Don’t let them press you , no one else there is qualified , Keep trl tight on d side slide in slowly and don’t over steer , make sure not to deep going in so you don’t hit trl on blind side ,, get out and look till you get the feel for it !!
When they bitch , tell em come out and show me ! That shuts em up

Covemastah

It’ll come to you , don’t panic !
I shift , sup yelled at me and I laughed and told him he can’t even back his moms car outah the driveway straight so get the friend away from me !
lol lol

Special UPS Operator

Can you go from shifter feeder to traditional feeder as in hub to hub??? Once you build up seniority???

Will I have to vid for it???

Is shifting a good way to get your foot in the door for actual feeders????

Please Help