Driver runs over dog in driveway - Leaves note

Catatonic

Nine Lives
IMG_2002.JPG

oldupsman

"For all you know."

Because you don't know. You're just searchin' for a diamond in a pile of * to reason with yourself, because I'm pretty sure my opinion's been well-stated and is unwavering.

Of course I know. He didn't call did he? If you care about your dog you don't let it run loose
all the time. We're comparing apples to oranges. It's obvious you love your dogs. You would never
let your dogs run wild all day. This guy did. Would I had felt bad if some dog I knew was a fenced in dog
got loose and I ran over him. Absolutely. I would had handled it completely differently.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Of course I know. He didn't call did he? If you care about your dog you don't let it run loose
all the time. We're comparing apples to oranges. It's obvious you love your dogs. You would never
let your dogs run wild all day. This guy did. Would I had felt bad if some dog I knew was a fenced in dog
got loose and I ran over him. Absolutely. I would had handled it completely differently.
It was a woman.. go figure

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Just so we're clear, another member contacted me about this story yesterday and I could not find a credible source so it was not posted. The only original source that I could find at that time for this story was Daily Mail in the UK. Could be real, could be fake news. I don't know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just so we're clear, another member contacted me about this story yesterday and I could not find a credible source so it was not posted. The only original source that I could find at that time for this story was Daily Mail in the UK. Could be real, could be fake news. I don't know.

Regardless of the source, it has sparked some animated discussion and revealed a surprising degree of insensitivity among certain members.

barnyard

KTM rider
If I hit a dog in the road (I have twice) I'm not going to bother letting the homeowner know about it unless they were there to witness it. I'm going to call my management team and tell them I hit a dog and go about my day.

I hit one. Owners saw it and waved me on. I stopped and they were yelling not to worry about it. Called my supe at the next stop and told him what happened. The next day, he drove out to see how the dog was. It was fine and the owners were very impressed that UPS cared enough to ask.

I cover a few routes regularly enough that I 'know' a lot of dogs. If I hit one of them, not sure that I would leave a note. Seems like this may not end well for the driver. Unless his supe told him to leave the note. I hope the best for all involved.

Kimba

True story. Had the same route for 25+. New people move in one of the small developments.
Little miserable dog always loose. Whole neighborhood hates it. Chases me everyday. Don't care
if I hit it or not. One day I do. Dead. Couple neighbors saw it happen. Nobody upset.
Drag it to their back door, put a delivery notice on it with
our center number.

Never heard a peep. Except from my local cop 2 days later. He said, "Thanks, dog was a pain
in my ass."
No animal deserves to die and its not funny.