Driver Sales Leads

TiredMdriver

I'm a new PT PH and am hearing that drivers are asked to turn in sales leads. Is this true. I want to be a driver and am trying to get a handle on whats expected. Do we get paid for leads? How many dhave to be turned in?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Zero HAVE to be turned in. I get sick of hearing about this all the time my job is UPS delivery not sales!!!! Other people are paid well to be sales people. Yes you do get paid for your leads depends on how much the shipper ships if it's air ect. I don't know the details too well considering I have never turned in a sales lead and likely never will. I'm not a salesman I know this about myself if you are more power to you go make that extra money. However noone should feel like they are forced to turn in sales leads!!!! RANT OVER!!!!

TiredMdriver

Depending on who I talke to at work I get different stories. One says drivers get $250 a closed lead, one says a gift card. Who do you believe???

gostillerz

I got a message the other day saying they're doing double points for whatever that means. I'm saving up for the x-ray glasses and sea monkeys.

rocket man

another exzample of a person in a one man hub, The answer to you question if you dont turn in a valid sale,s lead Befor you are driver you you dont stand a chance, article 99 sub section 6 paragraph 2 section 18 and 19 and 21 titled sales lead program.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
yeah, i have nothing but time going out with 200 stops, i will annoy every resi i have, and thats all i have, about starting a account,, btw, whats the time allowance for doing that???

brownelf

they told me today that I'm supposed to turn a sales lead in by the end of the week, they said that last year too. If someone inquires about using us I'll turn in a lead, but I don't go out of my way looking for them. We were once able to code time for talking to a customer about obtaining additional volume, when that stopped and the "why where you there an extra minute? stuff began I quit looking.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If there is a legitimate opportunity to grow the business, I will turn in the lead because its the right thing to do. I personally could care less whether or not I get any money or points or prizes. And I also could care less whether or not the company gives me a "time allowance" for talking to the customer. Its part of my job; I'm paid by the hour; so if management has a problem with the 90 extra seconds that I spent with the customer, they can go tell someone who gives a sh%t.

What I wont do...is to waste time filling out bogus leads in order to meet some flavor-of-the-week quota. Priority #1 will always be to take care of the customers I already have.