EMail from Mr Abney

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Only real question is, who’s the animals? Management or hourly?
0103200933.jpg
0103200802.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Bathroom comment challenging corporate or middle management to use our facilities. All I said was we work in a zoo with a bunch of animals. It’s because the toilet had been leaking for months and I don’t appreciate standing in it while I pee. Also someone on midnight shift takes a poop and doesn’t flush. Same bathroom, someone keeps wadding up toilet paper and leaving it on the floor.
There are some real pigs out there.

upsbeernut

I don’t understand it. Just poop, wipe your ass and flush. How can people possibly screw that process up and make a huge mess? I just don’t get it man
Upbringing is the main reason, laziness, and a lack of personal hygiene. Education seems to be lacking these days with emphasis on social media, internet dating, and constant phone attention.

upsbeernut

Bathroom comment challenging corporate or middle management to use our facilities. All I said was we work in a zoo with a bunch of animals. It’s because the toilet had been leaking for months and I don’t appreciate standing in it while I pee. Also someone on midnight shift takes a poop and doesn’t flush. Same bathroom, someone keeps wadding up toilet paper and leaving it on the floor.
0103200933.jpg
0103200802.jpg

JustDeliverIt

I for one am grateful to have a job that isn't being forced to shutdown by the government.

Lots of people are gonna be going into debt, losing their homes, etc. To avoid being put out on the street many will take from their retirement at the worst possible time, a down market.

When this is all over, lots of people are gonna be unemployed because their company went under.

I'm in NY and even UPS may not be protected from mass layoffs. Gov. Cuomo and our county executives had held conferences stated that all work forces must be reduced by 50%, regardless of craft. Don't see how that's ever going to happen at UPS with volume being pretty much the same as of now.

I could see some parts of the country being affected. Already starting in San Francisco area, probably not going to stop there.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Did you get fitted for your bubble suit yet? What a puss
guessing you dont have health issues? Guessing you dont smoke? Guessing you are under the age of 60? Call me puss fine but when I'm still alive because I didnt catch it but someone in your family does and dies then just wait for the puss coming your way tiger.

rod

Retired 22 years
Upbringing is the main reason, laziness, and a lack of personal hygiene. Education seems to be lacking these days with emphasis on social media, internet dating, and constant phone attention.
I imagine a lot of them just sit there and crap their pants while playing a video game. I don't understand it. Apparently they are too busy in school learning about how to declare as the opposite sex to study personal hygiene.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Same p’s that are complaining about ups hygiene are the same guys that eat anything thrown at them at the McDonald’s drive thru.
This is a very presumptuous remark in fact I'd argue that people concerned with not becoming I'll are the ones avoiding McDonalds like myself. I eat organic foods, grass fed beef, and I get my meat and eggs from farms....

vvv

An absurdly pumped up death rate due to lack of testing. Some people could be positive for corona and only show extremely minor/or non symptoms. Look at South Korea that did tons of testing, the death rate is between .5-1%. I believe Germany yesterday was at .1% death rate. Literally almost like the flu

Meanwhile the feds just announced a new “no reserve” policy for banks. The prior policy was for every 10usd they held, they could lend out 90. Now they can lend out as much as they want without any assets. This quietly got changed Monday. The government is using this slightly stronger flu to absolutely change monitary policy and create a volatile stock market so the people in the know can accumulate more wealth.

Your last 15 words of that post are extremely accurate.

It's almost laughable. If you have an inkling to what you are doing and have been riding that rollercoaster you are making some bucks.

Can't say I haven't benefited from it but.....gotta take advantage when it presents itself.

You just don't see such drastic up n down like this much if at all.

upsbeernut

I imagine a lot of them just sit there and crap their pants while playing a video game. I don't understand it. Apparently they are too busy in school learning about how to declare as the opposite sex to study personal hygiene.
Sex? They don’t even know which sex they’re attracted to. Pretty soon the three different bathrooms are gonna be all over place.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Just got it today. It describes what UPS is doing to keep our customers and our people safe.
I'm a little bothered that the only thing they're doing is basically reminding people to wash their hands.
He also says they are "regularly cleaning and disinfecting our facilities and equipment."
Is that true?

Thoughts, please.

Hahaha I asked them to bleach or at least sanitize my truck after 2 of my pickups had people go get tested and ultimately quarantined. You would have thought I'd reached out and slapped their mother. 3 phone calls asking me why I needed this done and guess what??? Still wasn't done last night as it should have been.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm in NY and even UPS may not be protected from mass layoffs. Gov. Cuomo and our county executives had held conferences stated that all work forces must be reduced by 50%, regardless of craft. Don't see how that's ever going to happen at UPS with volume being pretty much the same as of now.

I could see some parts of the country being affected. Already starting in San Francisco area, probably not going to stop there.
Right now everyone seems to be behind these measures talking about safety.

I'm curious how long there will be support for this. I'm thinking a month without pay and people are going to start changing their minds.

UPSER1987

Hahaha I asked them to bleach or at least sanitize my truck after 2 of my pickups had people go get tested and ultimately quarantined. You would have thought I'd reached out and slapped their mother. 3 phone calls asking me why I needed this done and guess what??? Still wasn't done last night as it should have been.
Sanitize it yourself on the clock. Problem solved. Quit waiting for someone else to solve your issues.

UPSER1987

So what’s the solution? A grown person cant wipe his ass and flush like a normal human being? Should cameras be installed to watch who wipes his ass and who doesn’t?