Express going "independent" ...and to current events

bacha29

Obama would have seriously damaged the economy if he had gotten cap and trade passed. McConnell wasn't being personal, it was his disagreement with Obama's policies that he was stating. You really need to get off the racism element. Politicians like McConnell aren't going to be openly racist but guys like you read it into their every word and action.
Here's the funny part. He was dead set against Obamacare but where is the operations and administrative center for Healthcare.Gov located?........London Kentucky.

Maui

if you have money you can go where you want, you do know affirmative action didnt come about until the 1961 when jfk used the term.
You have failed to define Affirmative action and how it operates. I don't want to continue this discussion until I know what we are talking about. How much time have you spent studying the topic?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Kind of like his popularity rating 18 months ago....

Have at it. Congress has not appropriated the money for those subsidies. Being the expert that you are, you're probably aware that the government can't spend money that Congress hasn't given it permission to spend.
the polls are polling inside the beltway, not outside it. Which is the same mistake they made during the election.

Jkloc420

You have failed to define Affirmative action and how it operates. I don't want to continue this discussion until I know what we are talking about. How much time have you spent studying the topic?
you are failing to understand regardless what you call it before 1961 there was no such thing as affirmative action. So your argument before 1961 for it makes no sense

Jkloc420

Your saying trump got in because of his family and it some kind of affrimative action and im telling you every race uses that. It is called who you know and how much money you got. Thats different then a poor student with lack of opportunity getting in a good school because of his or her color

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That's the standard definition.

By whose standard? The NYT exit poll for 2016 uses "...without a college degree" for the stat that you label as "uneducated." CNN uses "non-college degree" and "no degree." If you're going to use the data as it's presented, use it as it is presented and stop trying to assign a connotation that not only wasn't intended, but isn't accurate.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
most republicans for president are going to get fewer votes because the majority of cali and new york are liberal. Thats why we have the electoral college. Second dems keep ignoring the midwest states and ignoring those votes it is over for them
That's not why we have the electoral college.

MAKAVELI

look it up
I did.

clinton got 65 percent and trump got 29 percent overall, which means he got more then Romney
Wrong.
In record numbers, Latinos voted overwhelmingly against Trump. We did the research.
Latinos voted overwhelmingly for Clinton
Nationally, Clinton received a record-high 79 percent to 18 percent for Trump, with 3 percent voting for one of the third-party candidates. This 61 percent gap is the largest we have recorded at Latino Decisions, outpacing the 2012 Obama advantage over Romney, at 75 to 23 percent.

That varied by state. Latino support was at 88 percent in New York, and well above 80 percent across every state except for Florida. In Florida, influenced by the more conservative Cuban vote, Clinton won 67 percent and Trump 31 percent — which still gave her a large increase over Obama, who won Florida Latinos 58 to 40 percent.

59 Dano

No, simply stating the fact that more Americans that voted, voted for Hillary. He did not represent the desires of most American voters.

I'm not sure what you're trying to add here, but I am making the affirmative statement that Hillary Clinton received more of the counted votes than her opponent. Do you deny that?

Nope, but "the counted votes" are irrelevant and I don't know why you're wasting your time pointing them out. Neither HRC or DJT campaigned to get the most "counted votes," they campaigned to get 270 electoral votes. Whatever it takes to salve the wound, I guess.

Jkloc420

I did.

Wrong.
In record numbers, Latinos voted overwhelmingly against Trump. We did the research.
Latinos voted overwhelmingly for Clinton
Nationally, Clinton received a record-high 79 percent to 18 percent for Trump, with 3 percent voting for one of the third-party candidates. This 61 percent gap is the largest we have recorded at Latino Decisions, outpacing the 2012 Obama advantage over Romney, at 75 to 23 percent.

That varied by state. Latino support was at 88 percent in New York, and well above 80 percent across every state except for Florida. In Florida, influenced by the more conservative Cuban vote, Clinton won 67 percent and Trump 31 percent — which still gave her a large increase over Obama, who won Florida Latinos 58 to 40 percent.
Trump Probably Did Better With Latino Voters Than Romney Did

Maui

Your saying trump got in because of his family and it some kind of affrimative action and im telling you every race uses that. It is called who you know and how much money you got. Thats different then a poor student with lack of opportunity getting in a good school because of his or her color

You can't see the point. That's ok. Maybe you will understand later, but I'm not going to spell it out for you.

Maui

By whose standard? The NYT exit poll for 2016 uses "...without a college degree" for the stat that you label as "uneducated." CNN uses "non-college degree" and "no degree." If you're going to use the data as it's presented, use it as it is presented and stop trying to assign a connotation that not only wasn't intended, but isn't accurate.
Use Trump's poorly educated verbiage if it makes you feel better. Those with higher educational attainment voted for Hillary. The more poorly educated voted for Trump.

Maui

Nope, but "the counted votes" are irrelevant and I don't know why you're wasting your time pointing them out. Neither HRC or DJT campaigned to get the most "counted votes," they campaigned to get 270 electoral votes. Whatever it takes to salve the wound, I guess.
I'm good. Thanks for asking. It was in response to another poster stating Trump received more votes than Romney or McCain.

fatboy33

Obama would have seriously damaged the economy if he had gotten cap and trade passed. McConnell wasn't being personal, it was his disagreement with Obama's policies that he was stating. You really need to get off the racism element. Politicians like McConnell aren't going to be openly racist but guys like you read it into their every word and action.
If a person tells me he's 6'4" but my eyes tell me he's 5'7", I'm going to go with my eyes.

59 Dano

Use Trump's poorly educated verbiage if it makes you feel better. Those with higher educational attainment voted for Hillary. The more poorly educated voted for Trump.

Hey, we appreciate those voters switching sides! Your side had 75% of the uneducated minority vote. Y'all seem to look down on them. Why not chase them away like you did the whites? There's room for everyone over here!

BTW, what's your household educational attainment? It seems to be a big deal to you.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The results of the 2016 election are like the bible. You can take any part or parts and use it to support any point of view you want. The best we can hope for is that Trump's handlers can keep him contained long enough both parties time to find effective alternatives. I think there is one important fact we can agree on. He's getting more unstable and narcissistic every day. I'm no expert in the field but every day I'm more convinced that what we are seeing in Trump is early onset dementia which is what his father is said to have suffered with during his final years.
I think the lesson for everyone is that we need to be more involved in the political process, and nominate only qualified candidates to run for president. At least the losing party wouldn't feel as if it were standing on the edge of a chasm.