Express going "independent" ...and to current events

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why don't you define affirmative action and how it operates? Please and thank you.

You do realize that elite institutions in America ONLY allowed white students for centuries right? Look up the student body makeup of Ivy league schools from 1636 to about 1960. That's kind of the point.
And the only thing that will satisfy you is another 300 years of Affirmative Action. Balance the books, so to speak.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, simply stating the fact that more Americans that voted, voted for Hillary. He did not represent the desires of most American voters.

I'm not sure what you're trying to add here, but I am making the affirmative statement that Hillary Clinton received more of the counted votes than her opponent. Do you deny that?
And Hillary's vote count is immaterial. The Electoral College was established in 1787 and has been in effect ever since. At least the President isn't chosen by Congress, which was the alternative. Popular votes only win a given State's Electoral votes. This wasn't invented yesterday.

Maui

Hey, we appreciate those voters switching sides! Your side had 75% of the uneducated minority vote. Y'all seem to look down on them. Why not chase them away like you did the whites? There's room for everyone over here!

BTW, what's your household educational attainment? It seems to be a big deal to you.

We have college degrees and my wife did PhD work at a research 1 school. I took graduate level courses while an undergrad, but chose not to complete a degree yet. There isn't the same disconnect between uneducated minorities like there was with whites. The difference among non-whites was only 3-4 points. The difference between educated and poorly educated whites was 17-18 points.

ETA I do not look down on the poorly educated. I advise some to seek trade schools and find all manner of careers that don't require additional education. It seems clear though that whites that sought knowledge and education saw through his propaganda at a much higher rate. Minorities have always known.

Last edited:

Maui

And Hillary's vote count is immaterial. The Electoral College was established in 1787 and has been in effect ever since. At least the President isn't chosen by Congress, which was the alternative. Popular votes only win a given State's Electoral votes. This wasn't invented yesterday.
I never want to lose sight of the fact that more Americans voted for Trump's opponent than for him. Nothing changes, but I'm glad to know more voters saw through his BS.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, America lost.
Unfinished chapter in that book.

Give me a qualified candidate to vote for in the next election, and I'll cast my ballot for them.

Even though that's a futile act. Maui told me that. It's the Electoral College of Corruption that's going to elect our next President, anyway.

MAKAVELI

Unfinished chapter in that book.

Give me a qualified candidate to vote for in the next election, and I'll cast my ballot for them.

Even though that's a futile act. Maui told me that. It's the Electoral College of Corruption that's going to elect our next President, anyway.
I don't have a real problem with the Electoral college but the two party system has driven such a wedge between Americans and have basically weaponized our elections to cause harm to the other side. Drumpf really is a puppet for the alt-right. He's also an unhinged narcissist that is hell bent on eliminating every single piece of legislation with Obama's name on it regardless if that legislation is actually good for Americans.

floridays

I don't have a real problem with the Electoral college but the two party system has driven such a wedge between Americans and have basically weaponized our elections to cause harm to the other side. Drumpf really is a puppet for the alt-right. He's also an unhinged narcissist that is hell bent on eliminating every single piece of legislation with Obama's name on it regardless if that legislation is actually good for Americans.
I'll take that under advisement, spoken from a true intellectual, anxiously awaiting for some more enlightenment great philosopher.