Express raises.

MondayLates

This is the fourth most popular post in this forum.

I'm a longtime lurker so frustrated by the raises that it motivated me to post. 6% is nice, I won't argue with that. But it's easy to give when we've had year after year of 2 and 3% raises (and no raises in two of the past seven years if I'm remembering correctly).

It's wrong for them to spin it as a scheme to top out quicker when that's not at all accurate. It will still take me 7 more years to top out (17 total, if I were to stay that long) if they stick to this system, and I have zero faith that they will not suspend raises or even change the system in the years to come. Meanwhile, topped out guys make 40% more to do the same job and the new guy who walks in will top out in 10 years. Way to look out for the people you say you're helping.

If they wanted to do it right, they would have made the steps based on years of service instead of your current pay rate.

overflowed

This is the fourth most popular post in this forum.

I'm a longtime lurker so frustrated by the raises that it motivated me to post. 6% is nice, I won't argue with that. But it's easy to give when we've had year after year of 2 and 3% raises (and no raises in two of the past seven years if I'm remembering correctly).

It's wrong for them to spin it as a scheme to top out quicker when that's not at all accurate. It will still take me 7 more years to top out (17 total, if I were to stay that long) if they stick to this system, and I have zero faith that they will not suspend raises or even change the system in the years to come. Meanwhile, topped out guys make 40% more to do the same job and the new guy who walks in will top out in 10 years. Way to look out for the people you say you're helping.

If they wanted to do it right, they would have made the steps based on years of service instead of your current pay rate.
Welcome to BC. More longtime lurkers should post here.

Goldilocks

Retiring at 55 with $4500/month fdx pension, 100000 portable, and Y40K, id say you have been treated pretty good.

Yes when I started they took very good care of us. I feel bad for the people who started after the 90's. I hope you guys will get your raise every year. I only wish the best for my fellow drivers.

Oh and during the presort meeting we were asked to consider these significant raises when we take the SFA...... LMAO
I lost my job after almost 8 years in 2013. I'm sitting here and reading all these post. I feel bad for the people still working there. They are still getting screwed over all the time. I was barely making over $15 an hour after almost 8 hears. I could have quit and got rehired and been better off. As far as the lies oh I know where your coming from. Our station was very small. We had such a tight "budget" that we finally got an ice machine after 24 years and it was so small we would leave it on empty every single day. I gave them the honest truth on the SFA every time I got one. They want you to consider the "raises" when taking the SFA. That sounds like a bribe to me or a threat. So if you make them get a bad score then they will punish all the couriers by giving them a lower raise or nothing at all. Me being fired was the worst thing I have ever had happen to me. It was mothers day week and my wife was pregnant with our third child. I wish I had put the effort into getting a job at UPS all those years. They top out at 35 an hour. I don't think Fred will ever get close to that. They are terrified of the word Union. The news I have been hearing is that ground will be taking over Standard service eventually so more money for Fred and less hours for Fedex Express couriers. I don't know if any other stations had access the to the "people" manual. The one I'm talking about is very thick and it has every policy and procedure in it. We could only look at it with the managers knowledge. It was locked in his office. That seems fishy to me. Since when is it okay to keep the employees from knowing the policies and procedures. My advice is if you don't make a log book of everything that goes on in the meetings and things that your told and witnesses, times and dates your a fool. I wish I had done that because I may have had a leg to stand on but without that proof I had nothing. I could have filed a complaint years ago and had something done.

We had the dog and ponies show this am w SM. What a joke. Multiple questions on future steps. None answered as. No definite plan is in place.... But I figure it will take a full 10 more years for me to top out. After 5.5 years I am barely above current starting wage. What a joke
Make a move if you can afford it. I was there almost 8 years and was making about .75 above starting pay. I would have to work the saturday after my vacations to make my check look like I still worked there. I think I figured it would take me 18 more years to reach top out at the rate I was going.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Even ten years to top out is way too long. I don't know of another multi national, multi billion dollar company where it takes front line employees 10 years to get to top wage.
WOW! This last contract the top-out progression takes four years. I have utmost respect for all of the package car warriors but I never knew how bad FedEx is screwing you guys.

48meeting

Smh .. Checked ims and I'm getting a 3% raise. And gonne be making the same amount of $ that a new hire off the street is gonna make lol. All bad. Should have stayed at Brown! #&#&!!!
True raise my butt! Aha..
Shame alot of young guys at my job think this system is actually set in stone , I actually feel bad for them even though I'm on the same boat!

5yearsleft

I would like to have the deal she and you got. When I left in '97 I never dreamed that when I came back in '98 that they would do what they did. I'll never even see $20hr inspite of having 27+years on the clock. My decision, my responsibility, but boy did they make me pay for it.
Amen!! I hear ya!!

MAKAVELI

http://www.commercialappeal.com/business/fedex/pilot-union-details-fedex-deal
FedEx pilot deal includes 10 percent raise this year

Wayne Risher

5:46 PM, Sep 1, 2015

Copyright 2015 Journal Media Group. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

FedEx plans to use biofuel to help power aircraft such as this Boeing 777.

HIDE CAPTION

FedEx Express pilots would receive a 10 percent pay increase this year and raises averaging just over 3 percent a year in the remainder of a proposed six-year contract.

A tentative agreement calls for signing bonuses ranging from $20,000 to $35,000, depending on experience and type of aircraft flown.

The Air Line Pilots Association is taking the agreement to its members for ratification Sept. 28 through Oct. 20. Pay has been static since 2012, when the company's approximately 4,200 pilots averaged $234,210 a year.

DontThrowPackages

Thank goodness - I couldn't bear the thought of them going to bed hungry another day.... I'll sleep very well now.
Come on. Do you know how hard it must be to work 6 months out of the year, "meeting" women from cities/counties over this world on a salary like that? Not to mention the puny signing bonus. Marcus Mariota signing bonus was 15 million. You have to feel for a person who's salary is only a little more than half of that of a President of the United states of America. Bow you head and pray for them please.