Fair and Balanced News

Box Ox

When do you think the events depicted in the Book of Revelation will happen?

We’re well on the way to it! For Rapture Christians, Trump’s having “embraced reality” by “returning” Jerusalem to the Jewish people via the relocation of the US Embassy is a key to the second coming of Christ. My evangelical neighbor can’t gush about it enough.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
We’re well on the way to it! For Rapture Christians, Trump’s having “embraced reality” by “returning” Jerusalem to the Jewish people via the relocation of the US Embassy is a key to the second coming of Christ. My evangelical neighbor can’t gush about it enough.

Will never happen. The rapture is not taught in scripture. The second coming is.
He can gush all he wants, he has believed a lie.

Box Ox

Will never happen. The rapture is not taught in scripture. The second coming is.
He can gush all he wants, he has believed a lie.

Does this accurately portray the difference between the two? If so, which one is less ridiculous?:

The Rapture will occur when Jesus Christreturns for his church. This is when all true believers in Christ will be taken from the earth by God into heaven (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

The Second Coming will happen when Jesus Christ returns to the church to defeat the antichrist, overthrow evil and then establish his thousand-year reign (Revelation 19:11-16).

BrownFlush

Does this accurately portray the difference between the two? If so, which one is less ridiculous?:

The Rapture will occur when Jesus Christreturns for his church. This is when all true believers in Christ will be taken from the earth by God into heaven (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

The Second Coming will happen when Jesus Christ returns to the church to defeat the antichrist, overthrow evil and then establish his thousand-year reign (Revelation 19:11-16).

1.Please find the word Rapture in scripture.
2. Jesus will never set foot on the earth again. He already established a kingdom. Its spiritual.Its His church.
3. The 1000 year reign is not literal . It is symbolic of a period time. It denotes a state of affairs at that time. You are addressing a false doctrine called premillennialism.
4. The anti christ has already been defeated and was present in the first century. 1John 4:3

Box Ox

BrownFlush

Revelation is written in symbolic language. One of the many reasons was it was to protect the writer and the the readers of the script. If a Roman would intercept the manuscript in between the deliveries to the 7 churches and be able to interpret , it would have meant more persecution of first century Christians.

The days of creation are literal. Nothing in the text is given to think otherwise.
If you note, there was an evening and a morning and there was 2nd day, and a 3rd day, etc. Long periods do not have a single morning and evening.
The sequence of what was done on those days fall right in line with what was needed the next day to sustain creation.

oldngray

nowhere special
Revelation is written in symbolic language. One of the many reasons was it was to protect the writer and the the readers of the script. If a Roman would intercept the manuscript in between the deliveries to the 7 churches and be able to interpret , it would have meant more persecution of first century Christians.

The days of creation are literal. Nothing in the text is given to think otherwise.
If you note, there was an evening and a morning and there was 2nd day, and a 3rd day, etc.
The sequence of what was done on those days fall right in line with what was needed the next day to sustain creation.
Notice the 1000 years does not have a morning and an evening.
A lot of it was meant to be mysteries until the time for understanding it comes about. The best approach is to use the Bible to explain itself especially when its about literal or symbolic events.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I watch FOX News! Fair and balanced! Best of all bat :censored2: crazy people like you can't shut it down! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Fox Business ... not the FOX news Channel.
I do like Shep Smith pretty well but they relegated him to an hour at 3 pm.
I guess he did not spew hatred and lies enough to keep him at the prime news spot he was in (6 pm - 8 pm).
He was one of the few neutral news people on any of the news channels.
A lesson to be learned.

It's not often a mouse agrees with a cat but this time I agree.

oldngray

nowhere special
Where is that word in the Greek in scripture?
I just said it was from a Latin translation. Being swept away is just translated differently in different languages. Obviously it was not originally written in Latin. It wasn't originally written in English either.

BrownFlush

A lot of it was meant to be mysteries until the time for understanding it comes about. The best approach is to use the Bible to explain itself especially when its about literal or symbolic events.

You're right. And it does.
It is its best interpreter .
I just said it was from a Latin translation. Being swept away is just translated differently in different languages. Obviously it was not originally written in Latin. It wasn't originally written in English either.

My point is the usage and as well as the definition and the word, is not used in scripture. There will not be a rapture.