Fattening the Wad!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So there is a current push in a bunch of buildings to “reduce the paid day”. In order to do this, they are hiring a poop load of RPCD’s. What’s the hidden agenda? Well, with our new bloody vaginal fart 22.4 language, the amount of 22.4’s will be dependent on the RPCD number. So remember your 4:1 ratio. So in my building that has 4 centers with about 70 RPCD’s per center (280 RPCD’s total), we can expect about 70 22.4’s. All 70 at $6 less an hour with zero protection except they are guaranteed over RPCD’s considering “as long as work is available”.

Last edited by a moderator:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
august called it wants it’s rant back
Working hard or hardly working?
tenor (42).gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So there is a current push in a bunch of buildings to “reduce the paid day”. In order to do this, they are hiring a poop load of RPCD’s. What’s the hidden agenda? Well, with our new bloody vaginal fart 22.4 language, the amount of 22.4’s will be dependent on the RPCD number. So remember your 4:1 ratio. So in my building that has 4 centers with about 70 RPCD’s per center (280 RPCD’s total), we can expect about 70 22.4’s. All 70 at $6 less an hour with zero protection except they are guaranteed over RPCD’s considering “as long as work is available”.
So thank you Denis and James, for having zero knowledge on how UPS fisted you into what they actually wanted to begin with. Eat a dick!
How many are actually "qualifying"???

....and it's 6 to 1 here.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So thank you Denis and James, for having zero knowledge on how UPS fisted you into what they actually wanted to begin with. Eat a dick!
Never even looked at it this way. My building hired more drivers this summer than I ever saw. Jesus, we might be screwed.

DOK

How many are actually "qualifying"???

....and it's 6 to 1 here.
6 to 1 for outside hires here too, but I’m talking about the 25% benchmark for 22.4’s. I may have expressed that incorrectly.

Interesting but they really don’t have the time to create more fulltime routes in time for them to be counted in the formula used to determine the number of 22.4’s permitted in the center. If there’s 50 routes in a center they’re not all of the sudden going to create 5 more regular fulltime routes in order to get more 22.4’s, nor do they have the time. I think they have to go off the number of fulltime routes on August 1. Maybe I’m misunderstanding the post.

Box Ox

they’re not all of the sudden going to create 5 more regular fulltime routes in order to get more 22.4’s, nor do they have the time. I think they have to go off the number of fulltime routes on August 1.

If there’s any doubt about Contractual language or how that’ll work, sellouts JH and DT would likely do everything they can to have it sort out in the Company’s favor.

They may have already given the Company the wink and the “Yes daddy” to go ahead and squeeze in whatever it can while the status of the TA is up in the air.

gorilla75jdw

We do not have any agreement set in stone yet , especially regarding the 22.4 language. I would encourage my fellow brothers and sisters across the country to file the appropriate article , and language and get the process rolling . Dont sit back and wait for it to happen, be proactive.

babboo25

Banned
@babboo25
@TearsInRain
“Old” within 5 minutes of posting? Eat it!
It’s funny as hell that a bad “charm” bothers you so much. So you really believe UPS is going to hire 70 22.4s in your centers? What trucks are they going to drive? Remember they all also get the same pension and healthcare contributions as RPCDs. No way in hell UPS hires 25% anywhere.

wide load

Interesting but they really don’t have the time to create more fulltime routes in time for them to be counted in the formula used to determine the number of 22.4’s permitted in the center. If there’s 50 routes in a center they’re not all of the sudden going to create 5 more regular fulltime routes in order to get more 22.4’s, nor do they have the time. I think they have to go off the number of fulltime routes on August 1. Maybe I’m misunderstanding the post.
They don’t go by the routes. I think they go by the number of RPCD. We have a bunch of cover spots available. In my building they are adding routes that were cut 10 years ago.

Heavy Package

So there is a current push in a bunch of buildings to “reduce the paid day”. In order to do this, they are hiring a poop load of RPCD’s. What’s the hidden agenda?

This is happening at my hub as well. The whole issue that bothers me with this is the lack of communication and "bid list" or volunteers.

Think about it with 2 scenarios that UPS has in mind:

1. Reduce planned day to reduce OT on existing drivers.

Pros: Drivers get off earlier and in theory service improves with quicker times to deliver everything and do pickups.
Cons: Drivers who are the family breadwinner or who want the OT take a massive pay cut

2. 22.4 Drivers coming on board

Pros: Lower paid total cost to UPS to deliver packages. approx. 9 hrs on-road means they have time to fill hub preload staffing issues
Cons: Existing drivers can be laid off, drivers are now 2-tiered and there is really no turn back for 5 years

Our Union did nothing but support this in the TA. This is a huge concession where it limits choices for existing drivers, will cut pay for those who want the OT, and was completely unnecessary to have. Simple win-win is put up bid lists or sign up sheets. There will always be people with their own circumstances who want the OT, are willing to work on weekends, etc. to staff. Existing supplements also address weekend work, etc.

HUGE CONCESSION! VOTE NO!!!

DOK

They don’t go by the routes. I think they go by the number of RPCD. We have a bunch of cover spots available. In my building they are adding routes that were cut 10 years ago.

Doesn’t the contract read “number of rpcd’s as of August 1st”?

Heavy Package

We have some drivers making $120,000+. Looks like they will see a $40k paycut, ouch.

Damn right it will. I know a driver who was out for 3 months due to an injury and they adjusted his route taking off late shopping center pick-ups. Cut his pay $30k / yr and he is a driver who wants 12-13 hr days. Now he is routinely called into the office for being over 10-30 minutes per day.

This will happen more and more if the new contract passes. With the new 8.6 hr planned day, last week a 30+ yr circle of honor driver called into the office for being 8 minutes over allowed. Absolutely disgusting.

wide load

It’s funny as hell that a bad “charm” bothers you so much. So you really believe UPS is going to hire 70 22.4s in your centers? What trucks are they going to drive? Remember they all also get the same pension and healthcare contributions as RPCDs. No way in hell UPS hires 25% anywhere.
Ok you said it.
I look at it like this, UPS just bought 14 747’s. At 368 million a piece, that equals just over 5 billion. To think UPS couldn’t buy 100,000 new trucks for the same amount is just being naive and irresponsible. But I hope your right.

babboo25

Banned
Ok you said it.
I look at it like this, UPS just bought 14 747’s. At 368 million a piece, that equals just over 5 billion. To think UPS couldn’t buy 100,000 new trucks for the same amount is just being naive and irresponsible. But I hope your right.
Ok where are the trucks? Are they going to rent 100,000 trucks and install telematics in them all? 22.4 paranoia is so overblown. UPS is way too cheap to buy an additional 100,000 trucks and add thousands of 22.4 jobs, we all know this. And NDA and internationals are the money makers so of course they needed more jets, they are expanding internationally every chance they can.