FedEx Express Peak (on topic!!)

vantexan

Knew a part-timer who milked the clock big time, got FT hours. Mgr turned a blind eye to it. He decided to transfer to next station over as it was about 10 minutes closer to home. I told him he shouldn't, that he'd never get away at most stations with what our mgr was allowing. Sure enough, neighbor saw him urinating at a house and called in to complain. They fired him and gave him no consideration on GFT.

shadey

One word of advice, especially to newer employees. If you allow this company abuse you, they absolutely will, at every opportunity. It's alright to say no and give reasons why, and hold your ground. Your manager may think differently, but you are not a slave to this company. Yes, it is peak and extra hours and days are the norm, but if you feel that what you are being asked to do is unsafe, you have to stand up for yourself. Nobody else will do that for you. Fatigue is real and can have deadly consequences. Know that if something were to happen, you will be on your own to explain why. FedEx will not stand behind you. Set good boundaries for yourself, not just during peak, but all year long.

AB831

One word of advice, especially to newer employees. If you allow this company abuse you, they absolutely will, at every opportunity. It's alright to say no and give reasons why, and hold your ground. Your manager may think differently, but you are not a slave to this company. Yes, it is peak and extra hours and days are the norm, but if you feel that what you are being asked to do is unsafe, you have to stand up for yourself. Nobody else will do that for you. Fatigue is real and can have deadly consequences. Know that if something were to happen, you will be on your own to explain why. FedEx will not stand behind you. Set good boundaries for yourself, not just during peak, but all year long.
Agree 100%, except there’s no need to give any reason why. “No” is all they need to know.

bacha29

Maybe Fat Freddy should tell the homeowner about how many more planes he has than Jeff Bezos
It serves as an example as to why Ground slavers prefer well endowed male drivers. They can just hang it out the window and wiz while they're whizzing their way to their next stop.

newgirl

A lot of late leave buildings. Straightline or service? We get the ol' "do the best you can" rah rah in the AM meeting. I told my manger to bring his holster and his pickup truck for the next 3 weeks.

floridays

Knew a part-timer who milked the clock big time, got FT hours. Mgr turned a blind eye to it. He decided to transfer to next station over as it was about 10 minutes closer to home. I told him he shouldn't, that he'd never get away at most stations with what our mgr was allowing. Sure enough, neighbor saw him urinating at a house and called in to complain. They fired him and gave him no consideration on GFT.
Did they give him a red ribbon for his manhood though?

floridays

It serves as an example as to why Ground slavers prefer well endowed male drivers. They can just hang it out the window and wiz while they're whizzing their way to their next stop.
You're the ground slave, this is an Express thread, we do appreciate your sharing your preference however. Should we call you, "Long and skinny," or "Short and stubby?"

floridays

A lot of late leave buildings. Straightline or service? We get the ol' "do the best you can" rah rah in the AM meeting. I told my manger to bring his holster and his pickup truck for the next 3 weeks.
You're a tuff gal. I like you Butch. :lol: :thumbup1: