FedEx Express Peak (on topic!!)

!Retired!

Our SM told us to take out and van scan everything even if we knew we wouldn’t attempt everything. He said that way the packages are closer to the customers in case they want to meet up or have their package rerouted to Walgreens.
Could you even fit that on a truck? My truck was full with 205 yesterday.

HedleyLamarr

It seems ludacris to take that many stops out. The stuff you won't be able to deliver will just be in the way all day and slow you down considerably.

MassWineGuy

I’ve never seen such a crazy busy sort as we had last night. I work on docs and we were just stuffing them into their designated bags without scanning them because things were running so late.

Miles ahead. That’s where we have to be.

Star B

White Lightening
Should probably turn LMO back on.
Oh yeah so that the ground stations that are overwhelmed can be even more overwhelmed. I don't know if anyone else can confirm/deny it but are the Express stations that are underwater are the ones that were hit by the recent blizzard in the Northeast?

It will be fine

Oh yeah so that the ground stations that are overwhelmed can be even more overwhelmed. I don't know if anyone else can confirm/deny it but are the Express stations that are underwater are the ones that were hit by the recent blizzard in the Northeast?
My guys had hours to kill waiting for pickups today. Our station ran about 60% of the volume we were running last week. If the last few days of peak destroy the Express network while Ground is dead it makes sense to divert volume.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
My guys had hours to kill waiting for pickups today. Our station ran about 60% of the volume we were running last week. If the last few days of peak destroy the Express network while Ground is dead it makes sense to divert volume.
Just like every other idea FedEx management comes up with, the implementation is one dimensional. Past that point, solutions are reactive and dysfunctional. Some day, maybe they’ll design a plan that is complete from start to finish, and doesn’t dissolve into chaos because there is no follow through.

SmithBarney

Logic and common sense don't apply to Senior Managers.
Oh so true.... super heavy today, mandatory everyone back at basically the 10hr mark for no apparent reason. We had routes come back with 50-60 stops left. Not sure what the end-goal was of this brainiac decision, but if we end up slammed on thursday because of this BS, a whole bunch of people are just coming back at the same time as today.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Got to my first stop of 140 at noon yesterday.
Once again, FedEx is so ill-prepared.

Oversell the service, understaff the ranks, take on way too much freight and assume the weather across the country is gonna be great.

Welcome to the annual cluster friend.

MAKAVELI

Or they could combine the two opcos into one efficient all employee workforce and have the manpower to deal with the surge in volume.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Or they could combine the two opcos into one efficient all employee workforce and have the manpower to deal with the surge in volume.
That would require frontline managers who could actually manage, and upper management who could develop and implement a logical, EFFICIENT delivery system, and top management that could deal with employee compensation with integrity.

Ain't gonna happen.

It will be fine

That would require frontline managers who could actually manage, and upper management who could develop and implement a logical, EFFICIENT delivery system, and top management that could deal with employee compensation with integrity.

Ain't gonna happen.
You’re right, it’s probably better to have a large network of small companies that are nimble and responsive to specific geographies and labor markets.