FedEx Express Peak (on topic!!)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well, December 2nd and already bringing back unattempted freight. Sorry Ground guys , only concerned with Express. To the rest of you Express people, how’s it going so far?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think when FedEx overloads work on already stressed personnel by taking on way too much freight and pisses off customers royally, this is nothing but blatant poor upper management and only proves that it’s a company in dire need of a serious overhaul from the core.

Unbelievable that shippers and other customers continue to put up with this BS.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think when FedEx overloads work on already stressed personnel by taking on way too much freight and pisses off customers royally, this is nothing but blatant poor upper management and only proves that it’s a company in dire need of a serious overhaul from the core.

Hate to break it to ya but the same thing is going on at UPS.

McFeely

Huge Member
To the rest of you Express people, how’s it going so far?

So far, pretty good in the town I deliver in. Did about 150 on Monday and about 130 today. Other routes at my station are rolling freight daily though and we’ve lost a couple people each day for sick calls, etc.

Crazy that we were as busy as we were on Monday. I heard we had over 5.5 million pieces in the Express network that day. In 2019, we only had one day over 5.5 million. (Just what I was told from a very senior employee)

McFeely

Huge Member
Do they still have that stupid policy of leaving Tuesday and Wednesday P2 behind on Mondays?

We’re taking everything out daily, with the exception of routes that need to get to a pickup route at the end of the day. They’re leaving their next-days at the station or passing them to other drivers if there is bandwidth.

falcon back

LOL

Clueless. But we all knew that.

Like UPS isn't having the same issues.

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

I worked this morning. Freight was so late that no one left until about 10:45. Soon after I started my power pad bit the dust. There were no working units back at the station so I wrote everything down. That slowed the process up a little. I had to take a one hour break before my pm route.

I had a few pieces I couldn’t get off in the morning. Some were delivered, some weren’t. I wasn’t going to jeopardize my pickups.

FedexCares

You guys better hope this is a decent December weather wise or it’s going to be an absolute cluster :censored2:. Throw a little snow into the mix in a couple of weeks and people might still be getting Christmas packages in February.

El Morado Diablo

We didn't leave the station until noon today.

You would think with all the people, equipment, planning, etc that upper management has been bragging about to be ready for this peak we would be doing better than this.

They are already begging us to work Saturdays so they can run a full operation. It's going to snowball on us if/when the weather takes a turn for the worst.

We didnt leave my station until after 10:30 yesterday. We had late freight and very heavy volume. A lot of couriers brought freight back last night. Mandatory Saturdays from now until Christmas. This is not looking good, not looking good at all.

AB831

We didn't leave the station until noon today.

You would think with all the people, equipment, planning, etc that upper management has been bragging about to be ready for this peak we would be doing better than this.
See, that’s the thing. Their “planning” is to throw as much crap against the wall as they can and hope something will stick. That’s plan A through Z. If that doesn’t work, there’s no backup plan at all.

Serf

We’ve had the same routes going out with 150, 175, 215, stops. Leaving the building anywhere from 9:45 to 10:30. Our belt is decent. The other belts are bringing back quite a lot each night. And it’s only the 2nd, what’s it going to be like the 22nd?