FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
From Ops Manager to better job and back to Ops Manager. Yep, you're really making the moves, but I kind of doubt your story.

Here's the probable real one:

1. You fool some company into thinking you have merit and meaningful experience.

2. You're there for a week, and they are realizing that you were a terrible hire, totally incompetent, and absolutely, positively unfit for the position.

3. FedEx, always desperate for anyone to be a manager, takes you back and tells you that you're "special".

An "option" of going back to FedEx isn't really worth more than a piece of used toilet paper.

"I have an unhealthy obsession with ops managers and won't shut up about them."

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What makes you think I couldn't do it anymore? In addition I would have simply sold it to another contractor .

The fact that you whine about the toll on your body and, from the things you say here, it looks like it took as much of a toll on your brain as it did your body.

And as far as the boss you mentioned, he would have no doubt grown pretty tired of having your Mom calling him up everyday and raising hell about the way her precious little boy was being treated which in turn explains why you're working out of her basement these days.

You have the lamest insults.

bacha29

The fact that you whine about the toll on your body and, from the things you say here, it looks like it took as much of a toll on your brain as it did your body.

You have the lamest insults.
Clearly good enough to get under your skin. If they didn't you would simply ignore them.

Serf

So I asked my manager and my Senior Manager straight up about the rumor of P2 & Express Saver going to ground. My Manager played dumb. But my Senior said it is true.
Personally, I still don't believe it. Probably because I just don't see how it's possible. Full timers needing those P2 stops to make 8 hrs. Part timers needing those 4 hrs to make it even worth it to come to work. Air bills in drop boxes that give the choice for 2 day 2 day A.M. & saver.

vantexan

So I asked my manager and my Senior Manager straight up about the rumor of P2 & Express Saver going to ground. My Manager played dumb. But my Senior said it is true.
Personally, I still don't believe it. Probably because I just don't see how it's possible. Full timers needing those P2 stops to make 8 hrs. Part timers needing those 4 hrs to make it even worth it to come to work. Air bills in drop boxes that give the choice for 2 day 2 day A.M. & saver.
Technically the government sees full-time as 30+ hours. If they get rid of the 35 hr guarantee then it's feasible. Same with the 17.5 hr PT guarantee. If that loses some employees all the better as they adjust for the new reality. Just a theory.

vantexan

Back in the early days we delivered P1 before 1030 and P2 after. Took lunch and did pickups. Got extra hours volunteering Saturdays. Now could do P1 before, SO after. A consideration, would Express pick up all FedEx freight, have hubs sort the Ground freight away from Express freight? Or would Express only handle Express pickups? If the latter then definitely would be difficult to get much more than 6-7 hrs a day. If that much on some routes.

Purplepackage

So it’ll take time to fully make that transition, airbills will probably change over time. I also heard they want to change resi p1 to noon so more focus is on business stops.

But man if I can work 6 hours a day full time maybe I won’t retire this year lol

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Back in the early days we delivered P1 before 1030 and P2 after. Took lunch and did pickups. Got extra hours volunteering Saturdays. Now could do P1 before, SO after. A consideration, would Express pick up all FedEx freight, have hubs sort the Ground freight away from Express freight? Or would Express only handle Express pickups? If the latter then definitely would be difficult to get much more than 6-7 hrs a day. If that much on some routes.
Regardless, I see a big hot mess coming with the whole situation.

vhp_img6061.jpg

Purplepackage

Yeah, and way back in the day we used to take 5 hour breaks waiting for pick ups. But they aren’t going to get anyone to do that now

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’ve never seen them make a change and not cause a hot mess
True. We're talking about a company that'll never learn. Too much ego in the upper management results in too many too stubborn and bullheaded.

They were too cheap to get a separate 800 phone number for Ground pickups which with all the confusion for customers that led to Express getting Ground p/u's and vice-versa. Think about how much lost productivity and money was lost with all that crap going on. That separate 800 would have paid for itself easily. It wouldn't have solved 100% of the problem but a good chunk of it anyway.

vantexan

Yeah, and way back in the day we used to take 5 hour breaks waiting for pick ups. But they aren’t going to get anyone to do that now
I don't recall 5 hour breaks, but we did take a lot of naps after lunch. Used to make us take a mandatory 2 hr split on Tuesdays. Introducing SO really changed things.

bbsam

Staff member
Could be true. We just got a notice of shipping lanes being sped up 1 to 2 days. That could open up some possibilities.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Clearly good enough to get under your skin. If they didn't you would simply ignore them.

Kind of looks like Dano might be wrong about Ground taking Express freight, as long forecast by R1a, myself, and others.

Dano, please start your deflection, name-calling, and usual shill activities.

Serf

And PM pick up routes would be cut down to a few stops and drop boxes.

Serf

Could be true. We just got a notice of shipping lanes being sped up 1 to 2 days. That could open up some possibilities.
In lieu of selling or merging Express they hold fast and choose to get leaner. Not a bad strategy. I feel for the Ground guys in my area. The routes they are on are already heavy.