FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Express?

Shed of Amazon bulk, they should see a fast upswing of on-time delivery for those who actually contribute to the profit margin. Better service is an attractive lure to more business.

Right. The top-notch team they have in place can certainly achieve that goal. Not.

bacha29

You guys will drive yourselves crazy even crazier than the extent to which I drive you crazy throwing up wild guesses. I will still say wait until the results from the final 2 quarters of the current fiscal year are completed. If there's not meaningful and long lasting improvement in the the fortunes of FDX then you'll see something happen It will be measured and gradual. I think it will require some type of global geopolitical event to become a large enough disruptor to accelerate the pace of change.

Remember the company is not losing money . The problem is it's not making the boo koo bucks it's used to making and that's something it's not yet used to but might just have to get used to it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You guys will drive yourselves crazy even crazier than the extent to which I drive you crazy throwing up wild guesses. I will still say wait until the results from the final 2 quarters of the current fiscal year are completed. If there's not meaningful and long lasting improvement in the the fortunes of FDX then you'll see something happen It will be measured and gradual. I think it will require some type of global geopolitical event to become a large enough disruptor to accelerate the pace of change.

Remember the company is not losing money . The problem is it's not making the boo koo bucks it's used to making and that's something it's not yet used to but might just have to get used to it.
It's beaucoup. French.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's beaucoup. French.
F83BB885-EFF0-4E54-9C82-6E339C5D5B66.jpeg

I am FedEx

My Ops manager wrote “big changes coming embrace it” on our news board at work on Tuesday evening. Would not elaborate... early start time for all drivers tomorrow 1/2/19.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
True. We're talking about a company that'll never learn. Too much ego in the upper management results in too many too stubborn and bullheaded.

They were too cheap to get a separate 800 phone number for Ground pickups which with all the confusion for customers that led to Express getting Ground p/u's and vice-versa. Think about how much lost productivity and money was lost with all that crap going on. That separate 800 would have paid for itself easily. It wouldn't have solved 100% of the problem but a good chunk of it anyway.

Your first paragraph asserts that upper management is the problem, then the second paragraph illustrates why it's not, LOL!

The lost productivity wasn't enough to matter, a separate number wouldn't have been enough of a benefit to matter, and last but not least -it sailed over your head anyway- a customer who doesn't know the difference between "Ground pickup" and "Express pickup" still isn't going to know the difference when you give him two phone numbers to choose from.

59 Dano

Kind of looks like Dano might be wrong about Ground taking Express freight, as long forecast by R1a, myself, and others.

Dano, please start your deflection, name-calling, and usual shill activities.

Considering I've been on the right side of the issue ever since you brought it up in 2011, I'll just let the facts speak for themselves and you can continue making excuses.

59 Dano

I tend to agree with this thinking. Express in my area just built a brand new station that combines zip codes from some older stations that were bursting. The Ground terminals near the stations are still a bit of a drive between them, so it's not like they would be easy to integrate/coordinate.

Also, since Express and Ground are still technically separate opcos, there possibly would still have inter-opco charges/fees going between the two separate companies. Not sure how easy that would be to process if Express sent our deferred packages to Ground.

Too many people are getting caught up in the "cheaper to use Ground to deliver the deferred freight" and not looking at the bigger picture. It's true in the most basic accounting sense where you look at the revenue from a deferred package vs the cost of using a Ground contractor to deliver it. But there's more to it than that, such as the exercise of getting it from the Express courier to the Ground contractor for on-time delivery.

The handful of Express people I know transferred to Ground (ops manager level up to whatever the Ground equivalent of managing director) have all said that Ground management is absolutely horrible. Express management expectations are ridiculously strict compared to Ground, and Express isn't that strict.

Add into the mix the fact that Ground is just now taking on more SmartPost (100% of it?) and incorporating 7-day delivery. They've got their hands pretty full at the moment.

Exactly. All part of the bigger picture.

To make it all work will require Ground to pay more money, which would offset (or eliminate) the savings of taking on Express freight.

59 Dano

Express?

Shed of Amazon bulk, they should see a fast upswing of on-time delivery for those who actually contribute to the profit margin. Better service is an attractive lure to more business.

Express has had plenty of cheap competitors over the years and Fred has always had the same strategy: overall better service, especially being on-time. A good price isn't that good if the service is poor. That's why Richard Smith is making service such a big deal why there's a renewed focus on scan integrity and other things of that nature.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Express has had plenty of cheap competitors over the years and Fred has always had the same strategy: overall better service, especially being on-time. A good price isn't that good if the service is poor. That's why Richard Smith is making service such a big deal why there's a renewed focus on scan integrity and other things of that nature.
-
Wow!. Go Team GO!! PSP!! Purple Promise!!

You are ON BOARD and locked and loaded...to fail.

bacha29

If I'm laughing at you, you're not under my skin.
That's what we're here for. To provide you with the only form of entertainment that meets with you mom's approval . Can't help but be pretty lonely down there in your mom's basement with the only life forms you have to talk to are the mice and the feral cats coming in after them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's what we're here for. To provide you with the only form of entertainment that meets with you mom's approval . Can't help but be pretty lonely down there in your mom's basement with the only life forms you have to talk to are the mice and the feral cats coming in after them.

Hey!! When Dano was promoted from Assistant Shill (his previous position) to Senior Shill (present position), he went from $13.00 per hour to $16.50 per hour, so now he can have a real cat instead of the feral ones.

When he left to work at Wal-Mart as a greeter, he was really going places until they realized his FedEx management experience had only made him qualified to clean toilets and not have any meaningful contact with the general public.

"Thunder", his alter ego, also brings in cash recycling aluminum cans and cardboard.

Now, he's back to abusing people and telling lies so they don't quit and find real jobs.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Better service? We’ll see about that. All the engineers (you know the one’s that management sucks up to) are pretty much told to back off on start times making service more and more difficult, just so X can save a few nickels. You and Richard are blowing smoke from a bad crackpipe.