FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Just read an article from my google news feed that said fedex stock is going to continue to get worse. Then Walmart is going to buy fedex in 2021 OR fedex merges with shopify in 2021.

either way fedex is going to be a different company by 2021. That’s what the article said.
That was @bacha29.

Be more discerning in your sources.;)

Brian Lee

Fedex is on the way out because they suck.
Here's an example of two deliveries, one was scheduled for friday and required a signature. I received an email on Thursday telling me it would be delivered Friday by the end of the day. So now I'm a prisoner for 12 hours.
I checked the tracking; no updates, no delivery time estimates. The delivery never came. No email, no call.
I figured they held it since the other package was scheduled for today.
This morning a new email telling me the signature package was on its way.
It showed up late afternoon. The other package was a no show, again no email or call. This is the third time packages don't show up. Last time it was 4 days after the original delivery date.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here's an example of two deliveries, one was scheduled for friday and required a signature. I received an email on Thursday telling me it would be delivered Friday by the end of the day. So now I'm a prisoner for 12 hours.
I checked the tracking; no updates, no delivery time estimates. The delivery never came. No email, no call.
It showed up late afternoon. The other package was a no show, again no email or call. This is the third time packages don't show up. Last time it was 4 days after the original delivery date.

898555AE-F10E-40C7-897E-9FE7A58AC4DC.gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

By FedEx standards, you received excellent service sir! it's probably at the courier's home if it's something valuable.

dezguy

Yawn

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You poor, poor victim, you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I dunno. MF thinks highly of him, so he was probably an idiot.

Dave left when the stock was up, and Express was "apparently" doing well. I suspect he knew the real story and headed for the exit.

One of the best senior managers I ever had. I saw him once in a Memphis restaurant a few years later and we sat and chatted for a few minutes and caught up. Very decent fellow. Smart, and political enough to work the system his way. He specialized in fixing bad locations, and that's how he made his name and got on Fred's radar.

I don't know if he eventually sold his soul to Fredward.

Ken May. Another outstanding individual, tossed under the bus with Kinko's/Office. "Here's a flaming tanker fire, Ken. We'd like you to put it out with a squirt gun filled with kerosene".

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
One of the best senior managers I ever had. I saw him once in a Memphis restaurant a few years later and we sat and chatted for a few minutes and caught up. Very decent fellow. Smart, and political enough to work the system his way. He specialized in fixing bad locations, and that's how he made his name and got on Fred's radar.

I don't know if he eventually sold his soul to Fredward.

Ken May. Another outstanding individual, tossed under the bus with Kinko's/Office. "Here's a flaming tanker fire, Ken. We'd like you to put it out with a squirt gun filled with kerosene".

I bet Dave was one of those guys begging you to go into management, wasn't he?

Dave left when the stock was up, and Express was "apparently" doing well. I suspect he knew the real story and headed for the exit.

You'd suspect wrong.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I bet Dave was one of those guys begging you to go into management, wasn't he?

You'd suspect wrong.

Tell us why Dave left. Health issues, poor performance, lack of subordination to Fred? Dave left when the stock was much higher, and maybe on his own terms...I don't know.

But you just told us you did know. So, spill it, Mr. Genius.

Truth is, you don't know squat.

fedx

Extra Large Package
I see now stock analysts are starting to say FedEx should be sold. Saw an article last week and now this. Last week some analysts said either Walmart or Shopify should buy/merge with FedEx. This article says Warren Buffet or Walmart should buy FedEx. Either way, there is now outside pressure from Wall Street starting to float the idea that FedEx should be sold now.

I've asked this before and still am perplexed how UPS can pay their drivers $30-$40 per hour, free healthcare at $0 cost, pension, etc. and they are doing fantastic while FedEx pays their drivers (on average) below $20/hr and contract their Ground delivery out so they don't have to pay any benefits and yet FedEx is a sinking ship. It should be the opposite based on their business models.

Warren Buffett or Walmart should spend billions to buy FedEx: top strategists