FedEx stock performance

It will be fine

They have air drivers like Express has part time drivers. For most full-time drivers have every service on their trucks. You have no clue of what you're talking about.
You said the same thing I did and then claimed I don’t know what I’m talking about. Cool story bro.

bbsam

Staff member
Is the performance levels that much apart? With the 340 methods that UPS demands I guessed that would tilt things a little more favor of Fedex (when you use them it slows a driver down).
Possible. I have guys in tight areas who could probably hang. But I have people in rural areas who struggle with 60 stops.

MAKAVELI

You said the same thing I did and then claimed I don’t know what I’m talking about. Cool story bro.
You said it's better to have separate systems to service the same customers. It's clearly less efficient than the UPS model. Their air drivers are equivalent to our part time drivers. They are there to ensure service. That's it.

bacha29

Many contractors are only sticking around in hopes of an increase in equity value. If they start to transition to an employee model that equity is gone. No contractor would invest in equipment and unless cash flow improved significantly most would walk. The network would collapse well before a meaningful transition could take place.
FDX has always made it abundantly clear that is is NOT in the business of creating enterprise value for third parties. Your role as a contractor is to provide so called "purchased transportation" at bargain basement rates and to serve as a firewall against the incursion of a union represented workforce. That's it. That's all that there was to the entire venture and what you were they for. Keep in mind that it was only under the threat of an Internal Revenue Service lawsuit did the company have to grudgingly grant goodwill and proprietary rights to contractors.

Therefore it only stands to reason that the company isn't going to give a rodent's rectum about you and your equity if it comes down to push versus shove. But, you guys wouldn't listen. You just kept hoarking up ever larger monetary hairballs and putting it in the pot while just ASSUMING that future events would unfold in a way that would keep it secure. Unfortunately, it's only now that your discovering that the investment risks were much higher than you realized.

And that's why when you talked about the "millions and millions of dollars" (your own words) that you expected those routes to be sold for....I just sit back and laughed. Oh, you might get it but right now the distance between you and those "millions and millions" just got a whole lot bigger.

pkgdriver

Is the performance levels that much apart? With the 340 methods that UPS demands I guessed that would tilt things a little more favor of Fedex (when you use them it slows a driver down).
They have air drivers like Express has part time drivers. For most full-time drivers have every service on their trucks. You have no clue of what you're talking about.
Yep….out of tens of thousands of pieces in my center….less than 20 a day go out by a special driver to make service commitments. 100 drivers(air/ground)and 3 “air/first overnight” drivers[preloaders}

bbsam

Staff member
FDX has always made it abundantly clear that is is NOT in the business of creating enterprise value for third parties. Your role as a contractor is to provide so called "purchased transportation" at bargain basement rates and to serve as a firewall against the incursion of a union represented workforce. That's it. That's all that there was to the entire venture and what you were they for. Keep in mind that it was only under the threat of an Internal Revenue Service lawsuit did the company have to grudgingly grant goodwill and proprietary rights to contractors.

Therefore it only stands to reason that the company isn't going to give a rodent's rectum about you and your equity if it comes down to push versus shove. But, you guys wouldn't listen. You just kept hoarking up ever larger monetary hairballs and putting it in the pot while just ASSUMING that future events would unfold in a way that would keep it secure. Unfortunately, it's only now that your discovering that the investment risks were much higher than you realized.

And that's why when you talked about the "millions and millions of dollars" (your own words) that you expected those routes to be sold for....I just sit back and laughed. Oh, you might get it but right now the distance between you and those "millions and millions" just got a whole lot bigger.
You keep talking about how FedEx sees thing. I’m thinking that by now you might concede that they aren’t seeing things correctly. Maybe you, Raj, and John Smith can get together and rethink your stance. Everyone else is convinced that you’re thought process is a disaster.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is possible. Now consider making it profitable.

How many Express and/or Ground drivers can come anywhere near UPS driver performance levels? Maybe 10-15%? That’s assuming that the company would pay them enough to want to stay.

Some of your fellow contractors would disagree. They think any ground or express driver can do what an ups driver can. I think you’re right maybe 10% can
That’s where ups makes the money
SPORH is what it’s all about

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No they’re not that far apart. I had a guy try out UPS for a bit, he came back. He said all their methods drove him crazy with how long they took. That and UPS only working him 1 or 2 days a week were what brought him back. Our drivers should be more productive just from an incentive perspective. They get paid the same if it takes 6hrs or 10, so they get done in 6.
So, he couldn’t cut it
I bet he’s a superstar at ground though

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPS has air drivers, they have first priority drivers. They don’t do it all in one truck every time. FedEx could provide a superior service with Express separate if done correctly.
Thank you he’s always trying to make ground into more than what it is
Nothing more than a step child nobody can figure out what to do with

It will be fine

So, he couldn’t cut it
I bet he’s a superstar at ground though
Yup. He needed a full time job to support his family. 1 or 2 days a week of work didn’t cut it. UPS is losing out on a lot of quality workers with how they treat people. Not sure why you think that’s something to be proud of.

floridays

Can’t explain it But if you haven’t gone through it you wouldn’t understand it
Didn't ask for an explanation, I asked the gene pool these special people came from. Trust me, I understand that's exactly why I asked you the question the way I did,

The answer is we come from the same gene pool. There is nothing special about you guys.

It's why I used the word recruit, we aren't talking about Alabama or Georgia football, they recruit, they get the cream from the same gene pool.

Not puttin you down extend the same courtesy unless you can answer my question. Then I will entertain it.
I guess you're gonna put me on ignore now. :lol: Told ya I could be down to three by dawn. :thumbup1:

@BadIdeaGuy maybe a laugh for you here.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yup. He needed a full time job to support his family. 1 or 2 days a week of work didn’t cut it. UPS is losing out on a lot of quality workers with how they treat people. Not sure why you think that’s something to be proud of.
FedEx drivers need not apply, they won’t make it anyway, putz

MAKAVELI

Can’t explain it But if you haven’t gone through it you wouldn’t understand it
Ask any old timer at Express and they'll tell you Before Ground their trucks were bricked out just like at UPS. Back when pay and benefits were pretty close at both Express and UPS. The $ is the deciding factor in what an employee is willing to do.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ask any old timer at Express and they'll tell you Before Ground their trucks were bricked out just like at UPS. Back when pay and benefits were pretty close at both Express and UPS. The $ is the deciding factor in what an employee is willing to do.

Not the ones I saw mostly envelopes with some boxes mixed in

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Didn't ask for an explanation, I asked the gene pool these special people came from. Trust me, I understand that's exactly why I asked you the question the way I did,

The answer is we come from the same gene pool. There is nothing special about you guys.

It's why I used the word recruit, we aren't talking about Alabama or Georgia football, they recruit, they get the cream from the same gene pool.

Not puttin you down extend the same courtesy unless you can answer my question. Then I will entertain it.
I guess you're gonna put me on ignore now. :lol: Told ya I could be down to three by dawn. :thumbup1:

@BadIdeaGuy maybe a laugh for you here.

Has anybody ever told you you’re full of :censored2:
I’am guessing they have