FedEx stock performance

floridays

Not special gene pool
Just the best and hungriest from the pool
I can go with that. No tellin how many of that type Express could have if they weren't so damn stingy.
Have a great night and rest of the weekend.
I assume you are retired as well so you know the weekend never ends. Take care. :thumbup1:

yadig

They have buildings, they don’t own the equipment that moves the packages between their buildings. They don’t have the network built already. They’ve contracted out the network. If they told the contractors they are going to be out of business within a few years as they acquire the equipment to move their boxes, the contractors would all leave and the network would collapse. They can’t flip a switch and have 100k trucks and drivers.
It goes both ways

bacha29

You keep talking about how FedEx sees thing. I’m thinking that by now you might concede that they aren’t seeing things correctly. Maybe you, Raj, and John Smith can get together and rethink your stance. Everyone else is convinced that you’re thought process is a disaster.
You might think that they are going about the task of running the company all wrong. Well, time will be the judge of that. One fact does rise above all else. You serve at the pleasure of those gentlemen for whatever compensation they will offer.....and you can leave anytime you want or when you're no longer needed whichever comes first.

bbsam

Staff member
You might think that they are going about the task of running the company all wrong. Well, time will be the judge of that. One fact does rise above all else. You serve at the pleasure of those gentlemen for whatever compensation they will offer.....and you can leave anytime you want or when you're no longer needed whichever comes first.
I’ve thought they’ve run the company terribly for quite some time. Judging from the stock price, investors agree.

You’ve been on record over and over saying that contractors were powerless to effect change. So you still believe that? Do you believe Raj when he declares that the quarterlies are alll about macroeconomics? What about a combination of contractors and investors? Do you think change is coming?

It will be fine

It goes both ways
Not really. They already announced they are moving more express freight to Ground. There hasn’t been an exodus of express drivers. As they move more freight they just cut hours at express and don’t replace the ones that quit. There’ll still be express drivers, just fewer.

zeev

FedEx stock will continue to fall ,at RTD many are retiring and there has been another exodus of new drivers for better paying jobs. This means more contractors which according to the Senior has been costing 30k a week. This goes on while our trucks sit stationary for lack of drivers, stupid reigns supreme at FedEx

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not really. They already announced they are moving more express freight to Ground. There hasn’t been an exodus of express drivers. As they move more freight they just cut hours at express and don’t replace the ones that quit. There’ll still be express drivers, just fewer.
Accelerating the decline of the company...

MAKAVELI

I think that might have been the initial plan. But given the situation with the contractors and raises given to Express I don't think that is the plan now.

McFeely

Huge Member
They already announced they are moving more express freight to Ground. There hasn’t been an exodus of express drivers. As they move more freight they just cut hours at express and don’t replace the ones that quit. There’ll still be express drivers, just fewer.

Still hasn’t been the case in my area. Express stations running on about 60-80% of full staff and we recently got a lot of our Ground freight back. My route went up about 25% in volume over the last couple of weeks.

The stations with pay premiums are finally getting some help, but we’re still struggling.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Still hasn’t been the case in my area. Express stations running on about 60-80% of full staff and we recently got a lot of our Ground freight back. My route went up about 25% in volume over the last couple of weeks.

The stations with pay premiums are finally getting some help, but we’re still struggling.
Same with us .
Understaffed and elevated express volumes.
Force in on days off for everyone but swings .

It will be fine

Same with us .
Understaffed and elevated express volumes.
Force in on days off for everyone but swings .
What I’m hearing is they better speed up the transition. Ground is in desperate need of volume and express can’t handle what they have. Too bad the FedEx tech is a mess of garbage from the 80s, or else it could be done quickly.

bacha29

I’ve thought they’ve run the company terribly for quite some time. Judging from the stock price, investors agree.

You’ve been on record over and over saying that contractors were powerless to effect change. So you still believe that? Do you believe Raj when he declares that the quarterlies are alll about macroeconomics? What about a combination of contractors and investors? Do you think change is coming?
And just what makes them powerful enough to affect change? Sure you had this little dust up with Spencer Patton out front .And we saw what happened to him. To this point it has just been all talk, no genuine conviction and definitely no action outside of those who took the most decisive action possible and that was simply to walk away with no concern whatsoever regarding the economic consequences. All you need now is for 2500-3000 more do the same thing.

bbsam

Staff member
And just what makes them powerful enough to affect change? Sure you had this little dust up with Spencer Patton out front .And we saw what happened to him. To this point it has just been all talk, no genuine conviction and definitely no action outside of those who took the most decisive action possible and that was simply to walk away with no concern whatsoever regarding the economic consequences. All you need now is for 2500-3000 more do the same thing.
Why? Have you been paying attention to the stock price? Investors and media are paying close attention to how Raj fixes this mess.

Or were you of the opinion that we’re trying to destroy FedEx?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ask any old timer at Express and they'll tell you Before Ground their trucks were bricked out just like at UPS. Back when pay and benefits were pretty close at both Express and UPS. The $ is the deciding factor in what an employee is willing to do.

Not the ones I saw mostly envelopes with some boxes mixed in

I had multiple routes like that back in the day. And I also did pickup routes that were the same way.