FedEx stock performance

bacha29

Why? Have you been paying attention to the stock price? Investors and media are paying close attention to how Raj fixes this mess.

Or were you of the opinion that we’re trying to destroy FedEx?
Not so. What I'm saying that it's appears that only a mass abandonment of routes one large enough to get somebody's attention will compel FDX to make amends with the contractors that remain and recreate a proposal attractive enough to bring in new investors to become contractors.

What's killing the stock for the most part is the near total drying up of international air freight especially out of China and the realization that corporate operating costs are way too big relative to it's overall size.

I really don't know what it is that you actually want and has a reasonably good chance that FDX will in the end be willing to grant it to you. After all you said that you're going to tale the Schedule K money but by doing so all you're doing is playing right into their hands.

bbsam

Staff member
Not so. What I'm saying that it's appears that only a mass abandonment of routes one large enough to get somebody's attention will compel FDX to make amends with the contractors that remain and recreate a proposal attractive enough to bring in new investors to become contractors.

What's killing the stock for the most part is the near total drying up of international air freight especially out of China and the realization that corporate operating costs are way too big relative to it's overall size.

I really don't know what it is that you actually want and has a reasonably good chance that FDX will in the end be willing to grant it to you. After all you said that you're going to tale the Schedule K money but by doing so all you're doing is playing right into their hands.
You’re spewing the corporate line. It isn’t macroeconomic forces and everybody is waking up to it.

MAKAVELI

What I’m hearing is they better speed up the transition. Ground is in desperate need of volume and express can’t handle what they have. Too bad the FedEx tech is a mess of garbage from the 80s, or else it could be done quickly.
What you're hearing is the voice in your head. You had your chance with LMO and you blew it.

bacha29

What you're hearing is the voice in your head. You had your chance with LMO and you blew it.
EXACTLY! Sam ,IWBF and the others are all just kicking themselves now over the fact they past up the opportunity to get out under terms that are not likely to ever again be as attractive. At least not for a very long time if ever.

In the past the willingness to be cuffed around and slapped around by Fat Freddy and his posse was offset by the fact that you made pretty attractive money provided that you could get somebody else to go out there everyday in all kinds of weather and work his damn fool head off for nothing. Somebody who was all back and no brains. But it was only a matter of time until even that individual figured it out.

In addition, they all fueled their egos with the belief that the place couldn't run without them but are now shocked to discover that the place can and does without them and rather well at that.

bbsam

Staff member
EXACTLY! Sam ,IWBF and the others are all just kicking themselves now over the fact they past up the opportunity to get out under terms that are not likely to ever again be as attractive. At least not for a very long time if ever.

In the past the willingness to be cuffed around and slapped around by Fat Freddy and his posse was offset by the fact that you made pretty attractive money provided that you could get somebody else to go out there everyday in all kinds of weather and work his damn fool head off for nothing. Somebody who was all back and no brains. But it was only a matter of time until even that individual figured it out.

In addition, they all fueled their egos with the belief that the place couldn't run without them but are now shocked to discover that the place can and does without them and rather well at that.
If it weren’t for ERC, I’d agree with you. As it is, the hotter the dumpster fire burns, the more lucrative it is. Weird, I know.

I may not be here a year from now, but I’ve lost all faith in the company anyway.

And you think it’s being run well? Holy :censored2:! You’ve completely lost your mind sir!🤣

bacha29

If it weren’t for ERC, I’d agree with you. As it is, the hotter the dumpster fire burns, the more lucrative it is. Weird, I know.

I may not be here a year from now, but I’ve lost all faith in the company anyway.

And you think it’s being run well? Holy :censored2:! You’ve completely lost your mind sir!🤣
Never said it was being run well. But, they not you are the people who run the company. Now perhaps a few months from now a bare knuckles CEO comes in and takes over. If so then you'll just have to wait and see how he perceives you contractors. Perhaps he will see the need to backstop you guys with adequate revenues. Then again he might see even greater value out of you that he can extract for little or nothing. You he might see you as simply a pain in the ass that he can do better without.

bacha29

You can’t even keep your own incoherent ramblings straight.
Once again, they run the company and you don't and whatever they decide to do going forward good or bad you will continue to be at the mercy those individuals because they hold the reins of power.
And BTW the company even after trashing their largest contractor never missed a beat and kept right on picking up and delivering freight...like it never even happened.....Do i approve what FDX is doing?....No. But, this pattern of behavior on the part of FDX has been growing and evolving for the past number of years but you guys did nothing collectively to stop it until once again..... it was too late.

It will be fine

Evidently the company doesn't value its contractors any more than you do your drivers.
For sure, everyone is replaceable. There is a much larger impact on service when they have to replace contractors then when I replace drivers. It appears that most analysts, shippers and shareholders aren’t buying this worker philosophy though. At this point it would irresponsible for shippers not to be finding other carriers for peak and beyond. Not a great job by Raj and John Smith.

bbsam

Staff member
And BTW the company even after trashing their largest contractor never missed a beat and kept right on picking up and delivering freight...like it never even happened.....Do i approve what FDX is doing?....No. But, this pattern of behavior on the part of FDX has been growing and evolving for the past number of years but you guys did nothing collectively to stop it until once again..... it was too late.
So I’m going to approach this a little differently. I’ve stated time and time again that we’re not trying to destroy Ground. At all. And et you point out that after terminating Spencer, “they never missed a beat”.

Lol. You don’t really believe that do you? As soon as Raj finished on CNBC investors and the media were putting 2 and 2 together and seeing that Raj was pushing a bull:censored2: narrative.

So what is it you think contractors want since it’s not to destroy the company?

bacha29

So I’m going to approach this a little differently. I’ve stated time and time again that we’re not trying to destroy Ground. At all. And et you point out that after terminating Spencer, “they never missed a beat”.

Lol. You don’t really believe that do you? As soon as Raj finished on CNBC investors and the media were putting 2 and 2 together and seeing that Raj was pushing a bull:censored2: narrative.

So what is it you think contractors want since it’s not to destroy the company?
Of course I know what they want. They want a much better rate. Nothing could be more obvious. But you tell me, just exactly what leverage do they have to get it?

As your bud IWBF pointed out a short time ago, nothing has changed..... "Here's the load....Here's what it pays....Do you want it or don't you"?,,,,, That's the way it has always been and it would appear that it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable future.

bbsam

Staff member
Of course I know what they want. They want a much better rate. Nothing could be more obvious. But you tell me, just exactly what leverage do they have to get it?

As your bud IWBF pointed out a short time ago, nothing has changed..... "Here's the load....Here's what it pays....Do you want it or don't you"?,,,,, That's the way it has always been and it would appear that it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable future.
Exactly. And many find that the offered rates don’t cut it.

So we capitalize on the mess. Run contingency, wait for ERC checks , take schedule k, absolutely do not “staff up” and cash the checks. For how long? Some buildings it’s been like that for years.

So what’s the leverage? As you pointed out months ago, the investors. Until FedEx fixes their problems, contractors and investors/shippers are all on the same side.

Would you side up with Pittsburgh in this scenario and with their track record?

yadig

We’re is Dano on the recent stock price? I’d love to hear more company lie’s. I told you this day was coming Dano. That cheap labor is coming home to roost

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We’re is Dano on the recent stock price? I’d love to hear more company lie’s. I told you this day was coming Dano. That cheap labor is coming home to roost
I don't think either of us know what you're talking about.