Feeder speed limit?

MaceFremonti

It does. Say you have it set to 65. You are cruising along and start a downhill grade. It cuts the throttle and applies the jake as soon as your speed hits 66. Even if you have the actual jake button on low it will apply hi jake if needed.

If you are cruising along at 65 in 10th gear and hit an upgrade and have to downshift you just push in the clutch and downshift. It cuts the throttle then reapplies it once you are in gear. Max speed is reduced though. So if you forget to up shift after climbing the hill your max speed is now 57 (9th). When you then upshift it takes you back up to 65. Max is 67 in 10th.

Next years model checks your email for you too...

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
It does. Say you have it set to 65. You are cruising along and start a downhill grade. It cuts the throttle and applies the jake as soon as your speed hits 66. Even if you have the actual jake button on low it will apply hi jake if needed.

If you are cruising along at 65 in 10th gear and hit an upgrade and have to downshift you just push in the clutch and downshift. It cuts the throttle then reapplies it once you are in gear. Max speed is reduced though. So if you forget to up shift after climbing the hill your max speed is now 57 (9th). When you then upshift it takes you back up to 65. Max is 67 in 10th.

Next years model checks your email for you too...

Sounds much like the old "progressive shift" program I had to administer or not with Cummins Celect years ago. The fan can be programmed in to come on as well with the Jakes for another 20-30hp drag.

MaceFremonti

LOL speaking of the virtues of the new Macks I come in today to find my tractor is MIA and I get an old yard dog International! Thats worse than going back to delivery!:p

Fraking 710 is getting daily deliveries of new Kenworths. Then they're just sitting stacked like cordwood because CACH has to make changes to our fueling setup.

Wow. UPS sprung for the new Nut-Cool option on the new trucks!

swampassfan.jpg

-PAXP-deijE.gif

giggity

drive at the speed that you feel comfortable. ups cannot direct you to break the law [speeding] but you choose to listen and do so, and then get into an accident or get a ticket, the fault will be yours ... goes for package cars too.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Here, it's 68 for hourlies, and 72 for the milage guys. I rarely do more than 65, and I have never been asked about time between hub and center. Now I do get asked a lot about delays at the center and hub. Seems like management is cool with the trip time, but hates building delays. WHen asked, all I say is "well, the door didn't go down until X" so you figure it out from there.

​I do write down all "out of the norm events" in my little book. Then I keep the book for at least a year.

Pickles

They are still singling this guy out. Brought him in the office with witnesses and said floor it or you're gone. It worries me that if they succeed in doing it with him it will eventually happen to all the runs.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
They are still singling this guy out. Brought him in the office with witnesses and said floor it or you're gone. It worries me that if they succeed in doing it with him it will eventually happen to all the runs.

I wish my guys would say that to me. I need belly laughs while on the clock. When they ride with me, I rarely crack 60. They never say a word. Maybe you need to get with this driver and tell him what a harassment grievance is.

QKRSTKR

Here, it's 68 for hourlies, and 72 for the milage guys. I rarely do more than 65, and I have never been asked about time between hub and center. Now I do get asked a lot about delays at the center and hub. Seems like management is cool with the trip time, but hates building delays. WHen asked, all I say is "well, the door didn't go down until X" so you figure it out from there.

​I do write down all "out of the norm events" in my little book. Then I keep the book for at least a year.

You mean you can't leave b4 the doors are down on the trailers? Wow. What a concept.

purplesky

Is there a company set speed limit for hourly Feeder drivers?

​At my local hub mileage drivers tractors go 72mph and thats what they keep them at, for hourly, their tractors go 68mph but they all drive 65. One driver has been singled out and told to drive his tractor to the floor because his volume is extremely hot while the other 25 drivers are cool driving 64-65.

The mileage guys going over around 640 miles need that extra speed(72 to 74)to help stay under 11 hours of driving. Just in case they get stuck in traffic or have a breakdown or whatever. The tractors are turned up.

​If you use cruise and drive below speed limit they might say something. So dont use cruise.

purplesky

There must be more to this story? Are his arrival times that far off from his scheduled arrival? Even driving slow he should still be in the ballpark by 15 minutes unless he is hitting every rest stop and visiting hookers.

trickpony1

You mean you can't leave b4 the doors are down on the trailers? Wow. What a concept.

That's assuming you can get the hotshot PT supes to put a load retainer up, put the paperwork where it can be reached from ground level and close (and latch) the trailer door(s).

I know....it's almost rocket science.

Pickles

There must be more to this story? Are his arrival times that far off from his scheduled arrival? Even driving slow he should still be in the ballpark by 15 minutes unless he is hitting every rest stop and visiting hookers.

I believe there is more to the story. He's been fired a couple times before for different reasons. So thats why he can't argue too much in fear of losing his job. And rumors of slowing down on the way back to get real close to his 60 hours per week. But the load is only hot getting there and he used to leave much earlier, but the sorts are getting done about a half hour later then ever before and he is being told that the receiving hub is waiting around for just his load every night.

pretender

At the hub I based out of 99% of the time I have to put up the strap/bar, close the door, and write up the seal control....:eek:

Sometimes you just have to do whatever it takes to get the job done, even though it is not your job. However, I would be hesitant to write up the seal control...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The mileage guys going over around 640 miles need that extra speed(72 to 74)to help stay under 11 hours of driving. Just in case they get stuck in traffic or have a breakdown or whatever. The tractors are turned up.

​If you use cruise and drive below speed limit they might say something. So dont use cruise.

Mileage drivers are no different from the rest of us. If they wreck at 72 or 74, and the speed limit is 70, they're toast just like us. I've seen it happen.