feeder ??

dcdriver

nations capital
question about feeders

Bid list goes up. Make the cut. Go to orientation class, pass that now just wait to get the call for non production class. Who should get called to go first?
Driver A with seniority and class A permit or Driver B with less seniority but has a full class A CDL.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
question about feeders

Bid list goes up. Make the cut. Go to orientation class, pass that now just wait to get the call for non production class. Who should get called to go first?
Driver A with seniority and class A permit or Driver B with less seniority but has a full class A CDL.

Which one is you? The full class A CDL?

brett636

The employee with the most time gets the first crack at feeders. My experience with this type of situation tells me though that the person holding the CDL has a better chance at passing than the non CDL holder due to their experience in big trucks.

Johney

The employee with the most time gets the first crack at feeders. My experience with this type of situation tells me though that the person holding the CDL has a better chance at passing than the non CDL holder due to their experience in big trucks.
I know a few package guys with Class A CDL and all haven't ever spent more time in a tractor than to pass the test

Special UPS Operator

Are you a recruiter sir??
What exactly do you mean by experience??

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Here in NE. If they need a guy right away , the guy with a cdl comes right out , they won’t wait for the man with more seniority , but only had a permit , to get his license, when he does get it , and comes out to feeders , he then takes his proper place in the food chain !!

Indecisi0n

Here in NE. If they need a guy right away , the guy with a cdl comes right out , they won’t wait for the man with more seniority , but only had a permit , to get his license, when he does get it , and comes out to feeders , he then takes his proper place in the food chain !!
I'd file on that all day long.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You can’t bid a job in feeders unless you are company qualified and you will need a cdl to do so , can’t be grieved !!!
If both men only had a permit , and they held a school and took a less Sr man , that’s a different story !!

Indecisi0n

It doesn't matter what "they (ups) needs". There is a contract and they have to follow it. UPS doesn't allow people to walk in the door with a CDL and jump guys who are in line waiting. That guy with the "outside"CDL has to put his transfer in as if he didn't have a CDL and wait to be called in seniority order.