UnconTROLLed

perfection
I didnt read the entire thread, but the proper thing to do is flag/sheet as not found message the center. Especially if you know that management is gunning for your job. The OMS' s may find me a pain in the butt for it but CYA. If you cant make a delivery at a delivery point, message center and ask for instructions.

Dr.Brownz

Yup and I have two bad knees from it...part time I unloaded and needed 3-4 sorters, went to sort isle and sorted 3-4 unloaders >.> went driving and hold the record for being 3 hours under allowed...so yeah...injured my left knee and had surgery came back and decided enough was enough and they hate me for it

Insert "shouldnt have done that he's just a boy!" meme

I reckon

Xanosuke2

Insert "shouldnt have done that he's just a boy!" meme

I reckon
See that’s the thing, I’ve not tried to make what I done ok. Only thing I really wanted was ways to prove this isn’t an act of dishonesty. I’m getting a note from the receiver stating she leaves at 3:30pm and told me to bring it the next day if I found the package. Getting a note from the guard shack stating they won’t let me in if they can’t get anyone in receiving(they possible could get someone to let me in and sign, but receiving lady is the one who processes packages and told me not to worry). And also, a statement from another driver who was in the same situation and a supervisor told him to sheet it NI1 and try again the next day(she even told that driver the same thing). Also, delivery records of that stop from multiple drivers showing after 3:30pm it’s extremely hard to get anyone in receiving, and they sheeted it up NI1 without going inside the guard shack as well.

Xanosuke2

one last time

why didn't you record it as missed?

the NI is what hung you
Bc they would still hit me with why did you do missed when they’ve got a second and third shift? It’s exactly what they said with NI1. Missed and not in have both the same responses on my end. On their end they don’t want us sheeting anything missed unless instructed to do so. A missed package would have shown on their report they send off and it would of hung me faster.

My shop steward pretty much ran through all the scenarios with me and he said it pretty much didn’t matter how I sheeted it up bc they’re out for blood and to make an example of me to scare the other employees. Lots of people in my building are starting to file grievances and stand up for themselves and I’m the mark to scare them in line.

Doesn’t make it ok, but 70 hour work week and then a 14 hour day before what I done just made me have a lapse in judgement in thinking what I did was ok. Writing me up for failure to follow procedures, yeah sure, but calling it an act of dishonesty is a bit much. Let’s be real, there’s plenty of ways I could have buried the package and it not see the day of light, but that would have been dishonest.

Last edited:
E

el blanco

if you had recorded it as missed, you wouldn't be in this predicament

you tried to disguise it in a way that would hopefully keep you off the radar

how'd that work out?

Xanosuke2

if you had recorded it as missed, you wouldn't be in this predicament

you tried to disguise it in a way that would hopefully keep you off the radar

how'd that work out?
If I recorded it as missed it’d show on a report and I’d be in deeper bc they would say it’s not missed when I have it before 5:00 and could have made another attempt. NI1 is saving me bc the receiver leaves at 3:30.

If I was trying to be off the radar I’d get rid of it many other ways not involving a scan, and that is dishonest.

Faceplanted

If I recorded it as missed it’d show on a report and I’d be in deeper bc they would say it’s not missed when I have it before 5:00 and could have made another attempt. NI1 is saving me bc the receiver leaves at 3:30.

If I was trying to be off the radar I’d get rid of it many other ways not involving a scan, and that is dishonest.
In the future... missed is missed. I have never ever seen a driver fired for sheeting a package missed.

Get over the "fear" they have put in you. I used to be like that my self

If I was in your shoes, I would have just sheeted it missed and kept it moving. Especially this time of year. Live and learn

I have had days this year with 100 missed.

The Driver

I drive.
In the future... missed is missed. I have never ever seen a driver fired for sheeting a package missed.

Get over the "fear" they have put in you. I used to be like that my self

If I was in your shoes, I would have just sheeted it missed and kept it moving. Especially this time of year. Live and learn

I have had days this year with 100 missed.

You don't sheet businesses missed before 1700. I would have sheeted it CL, personally. Not NI.

Faceplanted

You don't sheet businesses missed before 1700. I would have sheeted it CL, personally. Not NI.
Missed is missed

I can sheet a biz stop at 3pm missed. You can't get FIRED for not making an effort to try to make service unless you were told by managment to attempt before 5. I have done this personally before, I Did not get fired because there was no dishonesty involved.

Explanation.... I wasn't gonna be able to deliver it. Too far out of the way (Orion), too much time taken ect. Tons of reasons. It's not dishonest in any way to do that.

The Driver

I drive.
I'd drive the package back to the location and attempt it. That crap would never fly here. Or if it's really far away I put the ball in management's court. If they don't say anything then I sheet it missed after 1700 at some point.

Faceplanted

I'd drive the package back to the location and attempt it. That crap would never fly here. Or if it's really far away I put the ball in management's court. If they don't say anything then I sheet it missed after 1700 at some point.
So you knowingly could have made an attempt before 5... but didn't. Than you sheet it missed at 5:04pm. That sounds like more of dishonesty than me finding a biz stop loaded on a diff shelf that I didn't have time to go back to and make service on... which was sheeted missed at 3pm

Like I said I still have never seen a driver fired for sheeting any package missed

I personally make attempts on all businesses before 5pm and sheet missed after, but in his circumstance, if he sheeted it missed at 4pm he would not be fired right now. Just saying.

The Driver

I drive.
So you knowingly could have made an attempt before 5... but didn't. Than you sheet it missed at 5:04pm. That sounds like more of dishonesty than me finding a biz stop loaded on a diff shelf that I didn't have time to go back to and make service on... which was sheeted missed at 3pm

Like I said I still have never seen a driver fired for sheeting any package missed

1. I make an attempt before 1700, almost always. If I can't or won't be able to make it there before 1700 then I send in a message and ask them what I should do. If they don't respond, I'll sheet it missed after 1700 so they can't say I sheeted it missed before 1700 and drill me on why I couldn't attempt it.

2. I never said you're being dishonest, I'm just suggesting a way to keep them from throwing a fit when you're sheeting stuff up commercial stuff as missed at 1500.

Reading comprehension?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

I personally make attempts on all businesses before 5pm and sheet missed after, but in his circumstance, if he sheeted it missed at 4pm he would not be fired right now. Just saying.
I have. If they tell you to not have any missed you better not deliver any residentials before you sheet a business missed. And yes they eventually got there job back , but was out for quite awhile. Put it in there hands immediately. And do what they say. No matter how stupid it is or how much time it will cost you.

Faceplanted

1. I make an attempt before 1700, almost always. If I can't or won't be able to make it there before 1700 then I send in a message and ask them what I should do. If they don't respond, I'll sheet it missed after 1700 so they can't say I sheeted it missed before 1700 and drill me on why I couldn't attempt it.

2. I never said you're being dishonest, I'm just suggesting a way to keep them from throwing a fit when you're sheeting stuff up commercial stuff as missed at 1500.

Reading comprehension?
1. I agree

2. I do need hooked on phonics

Every time I personally feel sheeting something feels "sketchy" I sheet it missed