I think that they should've suspended me or done some other disciplinary action before firing me. I didn't have any occurrences or showed up late. I drove safe everyday . Been with company for 5 years

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I think that they should've suspended me or done some other disciplinary action before firing me. I didn't have any occurrences or showed up late. I drove safe everyday . Been with company for 5 years
It's dishonesty.
They fire first and it will turn into a suspension after you grieve it

It's dishonesty.
They fire first and it will turn into a suspension after you grieve it
I don't see how ? I didn't lie to them one time . The two packages that I knew about they were separated from my pickups & I let the sup know when he asked. If I was trying to hide it I would of threw it in the back with the 100 pieceso that I picked up earlier that day

Last edited by a moderator:

Over 70

If data wasn't found which is normal on a misload, why didn't you just manually enter it in? Takes what 10 seconds if you're slow?

I guess I don't see a single excuse not to sheet a misload before you get back. Worst case scenario, call the center so they know.

I get losing a package very rarely in some pickup pieces or something.

Last edited:

Back first

You will get your job back. They should of given you a verbal, written and then discharge. Next time you have a misload sheet as off area and send in to center. Never roll a package because you will be caught sooner or later.

Over 70

And I don't mean to sound attacking, I don't feel you should lose your job for this unless youve been warned a few times and I wish you luck getting it back.

542thruNthru

I don't see how ? I didn't lie to them one time . The two packages that I knew about they were separated from my pickups & I let the sup know when he asked. If I was trying to hide it I would of threw it in the back with the 100 pieceso that I picked up earlier that day

Don't they have you send in misloads? I'm sure they do. So waiting till you arrived in the building looks like you were going to just toss them on the belt.

If it wasn't 3 packages then I'd say you'll be fine. Being that your brought back 3 I can see why the supe thought you were smoking packages. Good luck hope it all works out.

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
The number one rule at UPS is scan EVERY package it's not like the old days everything is tracked today. I would rather take the heat from having a package scanned as missed than try to get my job back for a dishonesty discharge.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Umm....isn't it well known that if u don't scan every package you will be terminated? Isn't it drilled into our heads at pcms? Scan every package before you come to building? Call in every misload? I don't get it

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

It never matters how good you are in the past at ups. Ever

PrimeUPS

I have a hearing on Monday hopefully so hopefully they accept my apology & I can keep my job & stay out the hot water

Best way to stay out of hot water = SCAN. EVERY. PACKAGE.

You shouldn't be apologizing, you should be saying how it won't happen again because you will call in everything, scan every package, and work by the methods as instructed. Getting defensive isn't going to help you, neither are apologies. They want to know that you acknowledge what you did and have a plan to fix it. Otherwise, the next random audit won't be so random. Show that you understand.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How does a driver work an entire day and get back to the building with a package you didn't know you had?

I had an envelope hanging off of the 6000 shelf they I didn't see for a week.

Unlikely but it can happen. I had a small bag lost under the spare tire for 4 days. The only reason it was found was because I hit a cattle guard so hard and fast, it bounced the spare to the back of the package car and out the right side swing door.

Unlikely but it can happen. I had a small bag lost under the spare tire for 4 days. The only reason it was found was because I hit a cattle guard so hard and fast, it bounced the spare to the back of the package car and out the right side swing door.
It would probably still be there. The only reason I found it was because I had a leaking package.