KOG72

I’m full of it
Lol! Back before I knew how you were actually supposed to sheet a package missed, I'd be sent out on areas blind, not realizing certain places were businesses before I'd get there at 5:30, and I'd come back with like six pieces or more on my truck without scans and never heard a word about it.
You use to be able to do stuff like that till everything got computerized

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well I came back with 3 unscaneed packages , one I didn't know abou & the other two were misloads.

And you thought that was OK? You were never instructed to scan every package? Oh, that's right, you said you were going to scan it when you got back to the building.

The two that I knew about when I scanned them it said data not found on diad so I thought it wouldn't of been a problem if I scanned them at the building because they wasn't in the system .

Why would the outcome of the scan be any different in the building?

I think that they should've suspended me or done some other disciplinary action before firing me.

So, if you think you should have maybe been suspended, you know you did something pretty serious. Our idea of discipline and UPS's idea of discipline are worlds apart.

I didn't lie to them one time .

Famous last words. Even if you didn't, they don't know that you were not lying.

The two packages that I knew about they were separated from my pickups & I let the sup know when he asked.

The question UPS does not know the answer to though is, what would you have done with those 3 packages had you not been audited? They assume you would have clocked out, went home and denied them being in your package car the next morning when the system showed consecutive day scans on the packages.

If I was trying to hide it I would of threw it in the back with the 100 pieceso that I picked up earlier that day

Or, you could not have expected the audit and did not have enough time to throw them out of your package car when you got back to the building.

They should of given you a verbal, written and then discharge.

They could have gone this route, but contractually, do not have to. UPS is getting tired of this happening and is going to just start discharging in every case.

Similar to the RDR fiasco a year or two ago. No matter what they did, it kept happening.

And I don't mean to sound attacking, I don't feel you should lose your job for this unless youve been warned a few times and I wish you luck getting it back.

I wish him luck also, but you think an employee should not lose their job for not doing their job? UPS is in the business of delivering packages and the guy decided, on his own, not to deliver the packages, and then decided to at least not sheet them up.

He didn't say he hid package.

He also didn't say he knew about the audit.

I have a hearing on Monday hopefully so hopefully they accept my apology & I can keep my job & stay out the hot water

It may depend on your attitude at the hearing. If you make your feelings known that you did nothing wrong, or don't think you should have been discharged, it may not go very well. You could be out for a little longer.

If you man up to it, admit you screwed up, did not follow proper procedures, and convince them that it will never happen again, you may only lose a few days pay.

Umm....isn't it well known that if u don't scan every package you will be terminated? Isn't it drilled into our heads at pcms? Scan every package before you come to building? Call in every misload? I don't get it

I don't get it either.

And I am not trying to bust your balls. I am giving you a perspective on how UPS operates.

Make sure every package on your truck is scanned before you return to the building. And if your center wants all misloads called in, call them in, don't just sheet them as a misload and bring them back.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Always put the decision back on UPS mgmt. Let them tell you what they want you to do with misloads - on road - not back at the building. This just makes you look lazy and unconcerned.

They figure if you don't care about doing the job, why should they care about keeping you on?

I had a few I couldn't find in my career too. I'd send in the "not found" scan and tear the load apart and still not find it. In those cases, I'd hang around til the PC was unloaded upon returning, and let the sup know I was unable to find it all day.

Then, at least if it showed up then, they could decide how to handle it. I never went home till I knew.

In some cases, there'd be another driver who had it, never sheeted it (just like what you seem to have done) and make it appear that I was the one friend'ing up my job. I hated lazy crap like that.

Please learn this lesson, if given the chance, and don't screw around with your career anymore.

barnyard

KTM rider
Always put the decision back on UPS mgmt. Let them tell you what they want you to do with misloads - on road - not back at the building

That is what our bosses tell us. They add, "If you do not think you should run it, call and explain why."

If you really do not know, when you find a misload, on the Diad, exit delivery screen, go to Comm, message to center, 4 misload, scan misload, field is automatically set for 'Y' if you can deliver. If not, change to N.
I always type in the comments, "It will be x miles for me to deliver." They always reply with either run it or sheet as missed.

By doing that, I have fulfilled my duty as a driver and left the decision to deliver on my bosses. On Mondays and Fridays, it is almost always, 'deliver,' no matter the miles. Rest of the week, it depends on the miles and the service.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

And you thought that was OK? You were never instructed to scan every package? Oh, that's right, you said you were going to scan it when you got back to the building.

So, if you think you should have maybe been suspended, you know you did something pretty serious. Our idea of discipline and UPS's idea of discipline are worlds apart.

The question UPS does not know the answer to though is, what would you have done with those 3 packages had you not been audited? They assume you would have clocked out, went home and denied them being in your package car the next morning when the system showed consecutive day scans on the packages.

Or, you could not have expected the audit and did not have enough time to throw them out of your package car when you got back to the building.

They could have gone this route, but contractually, do not have to. UPS is getting tired of this happening and is going to just start discharging in every case.

Similar to the RDR fiasco a year or two ago. No matter what they did, it kept happening.

I wish him luck also, but you think an employee should not lose their job for not doing their job? UPS is in the business of delivering packages and the guy decided, on his own, not to deliver the packages, and then decided to at least not sheet them up.

It may depend on your attitude at the hearing. If you make your feelings known that you did nothing wrong, or don't think you should have been discharged, it may not go very well. You could be out for a little longer.

If you man up to it, admit you screwed up, did not follow proper procedures, and convince them that it will never happen again, you may only lose a few days pay.

I don't get it either.

And I am not trying to bust your balls. I am giving you a perspective on how UPS operates.

Make sure every package on your truck is scanned before you return to the building. And if your center wants all misloads called in, call them in, don't just sheet them as a misload and bring them back.[/QUOTE. Ya think?

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I don't get it either.

Make sure every package on your truck is scanned before you return to the building. And if your center wants all misloads called in, call them in, don't just sheet them as a misload and bring them back.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'll start this off by saying he should have scanned the packages...but why is it ok to falsify information at 4:55 pm when a misload you reported 6 hours ago for a business across town and they tell you to hurry up and sheet it us as closed? I bring it back and scan it as missed every...damn...time...fire me for not lying??

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I'll start this off by saying he should have scanned the packages...but why is it ok to falsify information at 4:55 pm when a misload you reported 6 hours ago for a business across town and they tell you to hurry up and sheet it us as closed? I bring it back and scan it as missed every...damn...time...fire me for not lying??
No. Fire you for not doing as instructed.. Ups will always win, you are playing a game you can't win

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

How long have you been here.

You should know that management is allowed to lie.

If we lie, we are fired for dishonesty.

That is one reason it is still an us against them mentality...two sets of rules, one for us and one for them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Work as directed unless those directions are not within the methods.

No. Fire you for not doing as instructed.. Ups will always win, you are playing a game you can't win

If they were to press the issue I would bring the package(s) to my supervisor and let him/her do with them what they please. I am not falsifying records just to make them look good.

Foamer Pyle

I
How does a driver work an entire day and get back to the building with a package you didn't know you had?
I will tell you how. On my route, I have several business pick ups in trace. So, deliver packages and pick up packages get mixed up, despite my efforts to keep them separate. When you go out with 300 pieces, and are making pick ups at 11am, stuff gets mixed up. I have had on several occasions, delivery boxes fall into a tote box that has small pick ups in it. After that happened to me the first time. I would go through my car, including totes with pick ups, looking for any missing package.