Floating holidays and Personel Dec. 1-25

ikoi62

Wow this is exactly why Management does and acts the way they do. It is in the Western States contract addendum. Page 16 Blue section for drivers. Page 12-13 Canary section for insiders. After talking about FHP and Personel days, and how many to allow per day DURING the Year, It says from Dec 1-15 These may be limited. It does not say eliminated. I filed my Grievance today. Wow did not know how many people do not know or read the contract. regards, Jim.

wow so your saying that this is the first time in 28 years you bothered to pick up a contract book and read it? and you did this ONLY because you were affected. nice.

nikonpro

No.. This is New Language! In this new Contract! Was only asking a ******simple question. I did not expect to get flamed **********! I guess pictures of DIAD boards in a Mailbox is more important. Some UPSers have handled Millions, and Millions of pkgs. And are ready to take advantage of anything that would extend their career. I bet some of you are the ones that get beat on there route on a daily basis, or walk around the building pretending they are in between jobs. This was the only reason I even voted on this Piece of Crap contract. The one where we get Bi-annual raises so that we could bail out the Central States.

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No.. This is New Language! In this new Contract! Was only asking a ******simple question. I did not expect to get flamed **********! I guess pictures of DIAD boards in a Mailbox is more important. Some UPSers have handled Millions, and Millions of pkgs. And are ready to take advantage of anything that would extend their career. I bet some of you are the ones that get beat on there route on a daily basis, or walk around the building pretending they are in between jobs. This was the only reason I even voted on this Piece of Crap contract. The one where we get Bi-annual raises so that we could bail out the Central States.

Would someone please hand me a Kleenex?

Who the hell flamed you? Before the post where you said, " Wow did not know how many people do not know or read the contract. regards, Jim.". all the replies were either telling you that they had not heard of such or making fun of some of the replies. Possibly no one else on this board works under the same supplement as you. Ever think of that ?
Being able to take a couple of days off between Thanksgiving and Christmas is going to extend you career?
I thought your "WOW's" to be a bit condescending so I just sent one back you way. Guess you didn't like it much, huh?
So you think you've been flamed....you ain't seen nuttin yet.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In my center, there is no way you sniff a day off during peak. Unless you are a new hire and your route is not in that particular day. There is no need to get all pissed off when every driver in every center knows not to request an 8 hour or a day off between Thanksgiving and Xmas.

Just because it is in "your" supplement, doesn't mean they would let you. It says limited because between Dec 1 and Dec 15, they may be up a driver because they have to be ready for xmas week or peak volume hasn't shown up yet. Just goes to show everyone, both sides will twist words around in the contract to fit their own needs.

That's right Hef. Peak of '07 I was asked several times if I wanted an un-paid day off so they could run one of the new hires for trainning and/or experience. I took 'um up on it too.