FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

BigJamesBrown

I don't see how you'd get a whole $1.45 added to your paycheck. The 70¢ would have been overtaken by the progression raise, so you should get retro(70¢/hr) from Aug 1, 2018, until your progression raise, whenever that would be.
The gwi does not go away because of your progression rate it gets added to that. The 70 cents $0.75, 80 cents $0.90 and $1 all get tallied together, just like the guys at top rated already.

upschuck

The gwi does not go away because of your progression rate it gets added to that. The 70 cents $0.75, 80 cents $0.90 and $1 all get tallied together, just like the guys at top rated already.
Wrong, your progression overtakes the gwi, then you get the gwi on Aug 1st. Progression is a set amount, does not vary. $21, $23, $24, $28.75.

Underallowed306

I received the .75 as well and I consider myself lucky to get it. I’m scared to make too many waves. But, if we received the .75 this year, we should have received the .70 from last year. You should not get this in addition to your progression raise, but, by this logic, we should have received the difference from August 1, 2018 until our respective progression dates.

BigJamesBrown

I received the .75 as well and I consider myself lucky to get it. I’m scared to make too many waves. But, if we received the .75 this year, we should have received the .70 from last year. You should not get this in addition to your progression raise, but, by this logic, we should have received the difference from August 1, 2018 until our respective progression dates.
Yahtzee! Listen don't be afraid this is our money!!! People with a seniority date before August 1st of 2018 receive both!!! The progression rate Plus the gwi combined and your pay rate! You know I've been saying this for a long time now and you see it's coming to pass! listen to me and you're going to be at least $5,600 richer if you're in your second year of progression at the end of your progression!!!!

5Cube4Life

Because you get progression then gwi, not progression plus all previous gwi
Correct. So someone like me, still in progression, received my new progression raise once the contract was ratified. But why did I not receive the first GWI of 70 cents, like everyone NOT in progression? I just received the 75cents for Aug 2019 so why not the 2018 GWI?

upschuck

Correct. So someone like me, still in progression, received my new progression raise once the contract was ratified. But why did I not receive the first GWI of 70 cents, like everyone NOT in progression? I just received the 75cents for Aug 2019 so why not the 2018 GWI?
Probably because your progression rate was much higher than the 70¢. Just a guess. Possible greivance, if you so desire.

Tightupser

Why is it only for seniority before Aug 1st 2018? Shouldn't every driver get it? Even 22.4 get it by the contract but not full time employees after Aug 1st?

BigJamesBrown

The reason why you didn't get the $0.70 is because they were telling us all that we weren't entitled to it based on the contract. Now I'm starting to hear rumors that they say we received the $0.70, but how could that be When everyone was saying that we would not see the gwi while in progression?
See how this whole not getting the $0.70 but getting the $0.75 now makes no sense at all? As a matter of fact it really doesn't make any sense that we're getting the $0.75 80 cents $0.90 and $1 when the contract hasn't changed since 2002 and every since 2002 they've been telling you that the guys in progression don't get the gwi. This situation just doesn't add up for what they're doing today!

BigJamesBrown

Probably because your progression rate was much higher than the 70¢. Just a guess. Possible greivance, if you so desire.
There's no LOGICAL explanation for why any of us did not get the $0.70 now that we have the $0.75 the $0.80 the 90 cents in a dollar guaranteed, especially since the contract has not changed language in this regards since 2002...

upschuck

There's no LOGICAL explanation for why any of us did not get the $0.70 now that we have the $0.75 the $0.80 the 90 cents in a dollar guaranteed, especially since the contract has not changed language in this regards since 2002...
Because progression raise overtook the gwi. That is what they'll argue.

New contract put me at 24 per hour. Was told by my BA that somehow the 70 cents were included in my progression raise. But he went on to say that I would be getting the 75 cents which I did. I'm at 24.75. Curious about the 70 cents though!!!

BigJamesBrown

Because progression raise overtook the gwi. That is what they'll argue.
They can say it but they better be able to prove it! There is no language in the contract to support those claims there is no language change from Pryor contracts where they said we did not get the gwi, and they verbally said that we did not receive agwi wife still in progression right up until the time we grieved it. Now after we successfully grieve the contract they say oh yeah it was in there all the time when you guys talkin about you already got your $0.70, oh, wait what? The biggest obstacle that these guys have is that they have never given the gwi to anyone in progression in the prior contracts and the language from those contracts have it changed. They can't prove that what they're saying is true, they can argue what they're saying is true about us getting the $0.70 but the crew from prior contracts prior language and prior payouts say otherwise, it's just a bunch of baloney!!!