FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I doubt it. Like YOLO said. It was in the last contract also and people didn't get it. I'm guessing it's just saying you're entitled to your raises after your progression.

You might notice there is no date in this section for when the raises take place, it just says so much raise per year. It does say the full timers in progression get the raises, but they are not to be less than the progression amount.

Db2400

You might notice there is no date in this section for when the raises take place, it just says so much raise per year. It does say the full timers in progression get the raises, but they are not to be less than the progression amount.
Once you go through another contract your raises go to aug 1st rather than your yearly senority date.

BigJamesBrown

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190516-203501.png
    Screenshot_20190516-203501.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 455

BigJamesBrown

I doubt it. Like YOLO said. It was in the last contract also and people didn't get it. I'm guessing it's just saying you're entitled to your raises after your progression.
You can doubt it all you want. All of our full-time employees with a seniority date before August 1st that did not receive their GWI separate and besides the progress pay rate need to be made whole according to the language in the contract. Just read the grievance that circulating and being submitted.

BigJamesBrown

Idk. We had that same language in the previous contract and I don't believe they got both raises. They either got the GWI or the progression rate. Whichever was higher.
The only way to be made whole throughout the contract is for the full-time drivers with seniority dates before August 1 is to receive their progression rate and a separate GWI compounded every year until they hit 48 months and then go to top rate.

BigJamesBrown

That language you're referring to is for the full-time employees with a seniority date after August 1st thay will only receive the the min progression rate which they are entitled to and nothing else.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Now read this grievance that's actually being submitted at my local! I'm not playing games or trying to hoax anyone this grievance was actually submitted.
The problem is where it says,
"They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Article 41, Section 2 below."

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The only way to be made whole throughout the contract is for the full-time drivers with seniority dates before August 1 is to receive their progression rate and a separate GWI compounded every year until they hit 48 months and then go to top rate.

Where does it say it gets compounded? The rates for full timers in progression are pretty clear. If this grievance is settled in favor of the membership at all, my guess would be that drivers in progression could be entitled to the contractual raise on August 1st, then go up to the next progression rate on their anniversary. I doubt that will be the case because it would be inequitable for the grievants, some would receive a raise for longer than others based on their anniversary dates. I hope, for your sakes, that I am wrong and everyone gets even more money, though the $3/hr bump you are already getting is pretty nice on its own. Best of luck, and please do keep us up to date.