FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BigJamesBrown, May 20, 2019.

1. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

You might notice there is no date in this section for when the raises take place, it just says so much raise per year. It does say the full timers in progression get the raises, but they are not to be less than the progression amount.

2. Db2400

Db2400 Member

Once you go through another contract your raises go to aug 1st rather than your yearly senority date.

3. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

James Brown touchdown

4. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

Now read this grievance that's actually being submitted at my local! I'm not playing games or trying to hoax anyone this grievance was actually submitted.

Attached Files:

5. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

If your a full-time employee with a seniority date before August 1st you receive gwi separately from the progression rate. Read the grievance and it explains it to a T.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

You can doubt it all you want. All of our full-time employees with a seniority date before August 1st that did not receive their GWI separate and besides the progress pay rate need to be made whole according to the language in the contract. Just read the grievance that circulating and being submitted.

7. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Good luck. I don't believe you'll win your grievance though. What did your BA say?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. dogs.bite.me

dogs.bite.me Active Member

Let us know how it turns out!

9. giphy (38).gif

10. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

The only way to be made whole throughout the contract is for the full-time drivers with seniority dates before August 1 is to receive their progression rate and a separate GWI compounded every year until they hit 48 months and then go to top rate.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

He agrees with the grievance...

12. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

That language you're referring to is for the full-time employees with a seniority date after August 1st thay will only receive the the min progression rate which they are entitled to and nothing else.

13. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

Yes!

14. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Well I hope you guys can win that. Let us know.

15. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

You are replying to yourself

16. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

giphy-53.gif

17. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

The problem is where it says,
    "They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Article 41, Section 2 below."

18. zubenelgenubi

Where does it say it gets compounded? The rates for full timers in progression are pretty clear. If this grievance is settled in favor of the membership at all, my guess would be that drivers in progression could be entitled to the contractual raise on August 1st, then go up to the next progression rate on their anniversary. I doubt that will be the case because it would be inequitable for the grievants, some would receive a raise for longer than others based on their anniversary dates. I hope, for your sakes, that I am wrong and everyone gets even more money, though the $3/hr bump you are already getting is pretty nice on its own. Best of luck, and please do keep us up to date.

19. zubenelgenubi

Not if you are in progression.

20. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

Yes, you get the raises when you go to top rate. Until then you are stuck at the progression amounts listed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List