Government run "anything"......

rickyb

No actually your first claim had to do with expense, $70+ a tank, and you went directly to free.
The inefficiencies of your public transport, (at their cost) do not persuade you to be a patron. If it was environmental you would bite the bullet, if sincerity was a personal attribute, it obviously is not.
if you get some perspective by travelling (or just reading a travel book in my case), you will see that formerly "communist" cities like prague have allieviated peoples car needs because the public transit system is so well developed.

north america looks more corrupt as our trains are hardly faster than they were 70 years ago, in americas case big auto corps encouraged govt to rip up the mass trolley system, and many cities are sorely lacking in public transit or its just nasty in the case of NYC. and yet america is the wealthiest country in the world.

i was talking to my coworker from india last night and even he said the public transit there is better than here.

P

pickup

if you get some perspective by travelling (or just reading a travel book in my case), you will see that formerly "communist" cities like prague have allieviated peoples car needs because the public transit system is so well developed.

north america looks more corrupt as our trains are hardly faster than they were 70 years ago, in americas case big auto corps encouraged govt to rip up the mass trolley system, and many cities are sorely lacking in public transit or its just nasty in the case of NYC. and yet america is the wealthiest country in the world.

i was talking to my coworker from india last night and even he said the public transit there is better than here.

And yet your Indian co worker is in Canada instead of India.

P

pickup

Why does the Indian coworker of @rickyb always eat his lunch at the crappy delicatessen on the corner?

Answer : because he prefers it to New Delhi.

rickyb

Why does the Indian coworker of @rickyb always eat his lunch at the crappy delicatessen on the corner?

Answer : because he prefers it to New Delhi.
come again?

i have an australian coworker. he prefers australia to canada. its called "getting perspective". french man down the block says the same.

P

pickup

come again?

i have an australian coworker. he prefers australia to canada. its called "getting perspective". french man down the block says the same.

Well now that you’re Indian co worker sees that the trains run better in India than they do in Canada , maybe he can head back home and get his life back on track.

rickyb

Well now that you’re Indian co worker sees that the trains run better in India than they do in Canada , maybe he can head back home and get his life back on track.
public transit is better in india than canada according to him.

he also says his dad's workers are happier there than here. he says in north america we work too hard and it makes us ill.

vantexan

public transit is better in india than canada according to him.

he also says his dad's workers are happier there than here. he says in north america we work too hard and it makes us ill.
True, you can jump on a man pulled rickshaw just about anywhere in India.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No actually your first claim had to do with expense, $70+ a tank, and you went directly to free.
The inefficiencies of your public transport, (at their cost) do not persuade you to be a patron. If it was environmental you would bite the bullet, if sincerity was a personal attribute, it obviously is not.
Gotta pay for that Paris Agreement.

Here's today's lesson on things run by the government. First and foremost, government should run things for the common good and that are necessary. The military, prisons, mental health care facilities, and public transportation are just a few where profit shouldn't be in the picture.

The USPS loses tons of money every year because it is a subsidized service. If you paid the real cost of mailing something, you'd all scream because a letter would be $1.50. Same with public transportation. It operates at a loss to serve the public that doesn't have other options. The US lags far behind Europe and Asia in mass transit, and many Americans don't have a viable alternative to their cars.

Same with police and fire protection. We all need it, but these never operate at a profit. There are countless other examples.

I guess you'd just prefer anarchy, or a Libertarian paradise where you paid for ala carte fire and police, or charter schools.

As usual, it's hard for you to think out of the box of Republican ignorance, but privatizing everything isn't a viable alternative.

newfie

If you paid the real cost of mailing something, you'd all scream because a letter would be $1.50. .

or the post office would go out of business and a much more economically effective business would take its place.
if for instance private industry was offering a post office type service they would not have a facility in every zip code.
those buildings cost a lot of money not to mention the redundancy of staff.