Ground taking over

Lates

People also asked if Nashville is safe from this if they decide to transfer told us for now they are but he can’t guess the future.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Definitely true I work at CKVA had a meeting the other week with the senior to tell us we were moving to a new building. A week later they told us 10 full time couriers will be cut at the end of May when we move and ground takes a large piece of our freight.
Denial59 will soon be here to tell you that you're not telling the truth. He will then proceed to tell you that nothing has changed and that "Express drivers are still delivering Express freight". The opposite of the truth is alternative facts, and that's what you're seeing right now from FedEx.

bacha29

Denial59 will soon be here to tell you that you're not telling the truth. He will then proceed to tell you that nothing has changed and that "Express drivers are still delivering Express freight". The opposite of the truth is alternative facts, and that's what you're seeing right now from FedEx.
Mr. Fedex. Saw something interesting. Under it's DOT operating authority description ( DOT 86876) it describes the company's cargo operation as an "all air cargo" carrier.

Now on the other hand Fedex Ground's
DOT operating authority description (DOT 26572) lists a rather broad but also clearly defined list of the type of cargo it can transport.

However on that defined list of approved cargo there is one glaring omission....air cargo.

So now when you have two supposedly separate OPCO's (that's what they've maintained for the past 24 years) one with it's own specific and congressionally approved exemption on the claimed basis that the need for it is imperative for the well being of the economy each with their own separate operating authority, each with it's own list of approved cargo .

THEN JUST EXACTLY WHICH GOVERNING LEGAL AUTHORITY REMOVED THAT BARRIER AND FORMALLY APPROVED THE CONSOLIDATION OF THESE SUPPOSEDLY ENTIRELY SEPARATE OPERATING COMPANIES?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

If Express drivers aren't delivering Express freight, what are they delivering???? UPS packages? Mail?

59 Dano

My senior said off the record within 10-12 years everyone will be federal express employees. Ground ran its course and it’s starting to hurt the company. It’s obvious
A senior manager barely knows what's going to happen next week, let alone what will happen in a decade.

MAKAVELI

If Express drivers aren't delivering Express freight, what are they delivering???? UPS packages? Mail?
Hawaii and Alaska will be delivering both. So, FedEx gets to pick and choose which Express drivers del both and which Ground drivers del both and keep Express under the RLA? FedEx will eventually loose the RLA status. Just a matter of time.

Lates

That isn’t the argument it more that they won’t be delivering the majority of express packages more and more is going to continue going to ground.

It will be fine

Hawaii and Alaska will be delivering both. So, FedEx gets to pick and choose which Express drivers del both and which Ground drivers del both and keep Express under the RLA? FedEx will eventually loose the RLA status. Just a matter of time.
There are no Ground drivers in Alaska and Hawaii. Ground has an ISP agreement with Express to handle the volume there. Ground has contracted out their volume to Express. Ground pays Express to fly their volume to those states and deliver it. Sounds like air cargo to me.

59 Dano

BUT 1% OF THEM ARE DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT

59 Dano

That isn’t the argument it more that they won’t be delivering the majority of express packages more and more is going to continue going to ground.
Doesn't matter who delivers the majority. What matters is what Express employees are doing.

Anyone who tells you that Express subbing out some of its work to a third party means they aren't RLA is clueless.

MAKAVELI

There are no Ground drivers in Alaska and Hawaii. Ground has an ISP agreement with Express to handle the volume there. Ground has contracted out their volume to Express. Ground pays Express to fly their volume to those states and deliver it. Sounds like air cargo to me.
Both did have ground drivers. Now they don't. Regardless of how the freight got to those two states, it was either labeled Express or Ground. Ttku.....

It will be fine

Both did have ground drivers. Now they don't. Regardless of how the freight got to those two states, it was either labeled Express or Ground. Ttku.....
Your arguments are on Bacha level at this point. I can’t imagine believing the sticker on a box is going to change federal law.

59 Dano

Your arguments are on Bacha level at this point. I can’t imagine believing the sticker on a box is going to change federal law.
It's like arguing Josh Allen is a running back because he runs it himself sometimes. BUT HE DIDN'T THROW IT OR HAND IT OFF LIKE QUARTERBACKS DO