Ground taking over

It will be fine

So the local Express freight that never touches a plane is really Ground freight? You really didn't think that one through. Lol
So now your argument is Express has always had some freight that never gets on an airplane and that has no bearing on their classification as an airline? Cool, glad everyone is on the same page.

MAKAVELI

So now your argument is Express has always had some freight that never gets on an airplane and that has no bearing on their classification as an airline? Cool, glad everyone is on the same page.
I know it's hard for a contractor to understand but let me break it down for you. Ground and Express were 2 completely separate OPCOs with completely separate systems. A package labeled Ground was solely in Ground's system and a pkg labeled Express was solely in Express,'s system. Now the two are being combined and either OPCO can del both but they are still labeled either Express or Ground. There was only one reason FedEx hasn't done this before and that was to keep it's RLA status and the Teamsters out. Is it really that hard to understand?

yadig

I know it's hard for a contractor to understand but let me break it down for you. Ground and Express were 2 completely separate OPCOs with completely separate systems. A package labeled Ground was solely in Ground's system and a pkg labeled Express was solely in Express,'s system. Now the two are being combined and either OPCO can del both but they are still labeled either Express or Ground. There was only one reason FedEx hasn't done this before and that was to keep its RLA status and the Teamsters out. Is it really that hard to understand?
I can’t wait to hear Dano’s response. I’m sure he’ll have a titans or derick Henry scenario included. He’s brain washed beyond any help.

It will be fine

I know it's hard for a contractor to understand but let me break it down for you. Ground and Express were 2 completely separate OPCOs with completely separate systems. A package labeled Ground was solely in Ground's system and a pkg labeled Express was solely in Express,'s system. Now the two are being combined and either OPCO can del both but they are still labeled either Express or Ground. There was only one reason FedEx hasn't done this before and that was to keep it's RLA status and the Teamsters out. Is it really that hard to understand?
Ground and Express have moved each others’s freight for decades. Express has flown Ground freight just like they fly freight for all their customers. Ground pays Express for this service just like every customer.

Express contracts out some of it’s deliveries to third party companies. They’ve done that for decades. They use Ground for that service now just like any other cartage company. Express pays Ground for this service.

Just because you hope the legal lines are blurred doesn’t mean that they are. The relationship between the companies is clear and straightforward. The teamsters will not be storming into court to change the law because they know that would be a giant waste of resources.

MAKAVELI

Ground and Express have moved each others’s freight for decades. Express has flown Ground freight just like they fly freight for all their customers. Ground pays Express for this service just like every customer.

Express contracts out some of it’s deliveries to third party companies. They’ve done that for decades. They use Ground for that service now just like any other cartage company. Express pays Ground for this service.

Just because you hope the legal lines are blurred doesn’t mean that they are. The relationship between the companies is clear and straightforward. The teamsters will not be storming into court to change the law because they know that would be a giant waste of resources.
They are combining the two OPCOs not contracting out. Ttku.....

bacha29

DOT operating authorities are granted on the basis of certain boundaries and operating conditions that define who that carrier is, the market it serves operates in and cannot operate in. Just because you're a very large carrier albeit the poorest damn setup in the history of wheeled transportation it doesn't give you the right to do whatever you damn well please.

So how's this going to work out in the rural areas? The airport that would supply air box to the terminal I was at is a little and I'm not sure you could call it regional other than the fact that it has a 24 hour FBO is 70 miles away. Now even if the plane's on time given the distance it's still not going to arrive after that 70 mile trip until 10:30 or later. And who will have to bear the cost of making that 140 mile round trip? Probably some contractor and the other contractors will likely take a settlement deduction to pay the cost based on the number of air boxes that are his.

Now Ground guys simply cannot wait around until 10:30-11 to be released. So the end result? That contractor will have to pay a guy in a very lightly loaded truck to go run air box for a few hours but will quickly have to turn around and start doing pickups if he wants to get back in time to send those handful air boxes out in time. That contractor is going to absolutely lose his arse .

The problem has always been is that Raj Fat Freddy IWBF and others still think that the whole world is one great big metropolis . That all routes are the compact high density close to the terminal 25-30 total daily miles they think exists everywhere . It's the only thing they know. They don't understand, know or perhaps don't want to know that 25-30 number is still 10 times that amount of miles out in rural America. As a result they think that they can just toss that air box onto a close in contractor for pennies in the way of additional pay because in the word's we hear from them way too often....."you're going right past it".

It will be fine

They are combining the two OPCOs not contracting out. Ttku.....
No they are not combing the Opcos. There hasn’t been any communication from any executive to that effect. I’m not sure why you are making things up, but I guess when you don’t have a real argument you can just create your own reality.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No they are not combing the Opcos. There hasn’t been any communication from any executive to that effect. I’m not sure why you are making things up, but I guess when you don’t have a real argument you can just create your own reality.
Really? Can I assume you’ve read Raj’s public statements about changing from “separate silos” and the reports from Express employees about what’s happening at their stations?? The opcos are being combined. Are you and Denial59 the same person?

MAKAVELI

They are playing the semantics game. Network 2.0 and DRIVE is combining the two OPCOs. You are just too blind to see it.

It will be fine

They are playing the semantics game. Network 2.0 and DRIVE is combining the two OPCOs. You are just too blind to see it.
So in your fantasy land there are no actual legal entities and no agreements between them? Strange view of the world you have there. Those of us that live in reality can understand they are not actually combing the companies.

MAKAVELI

So in your fantasy land there are no actual legal entities and no agreements between them? Strange view of the world you have there. Those of us that live in reality can understand they are not actually combing the companies.
Bro, I can lead you to the water but I can't make you drink. AK, HI and these combined buildings is just the beginning.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hello!! This is Raj here to make it all clear, OK? I have taken many pieces of corn from the Express silo and moved it to the Ground silo. I will pretend the Express silo is still full, even when it is mostly empty to pretend Express freight isn’t really being delivered by Ground!!! See?? That way, my Lord and Master Fred will still keep my cornhole packed! My silo is full of cash.

It will be fine

Bro, I can lead you to the water but I can't make you drink. AK, HI and these combined buildings is just the beginning.
Ground has contracted out their volume in Alaska and Hawaii, just like they do in the rest of the country. They have not combined the companies. Where are you getting lost?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I can’t wait to hear Dano’s response. I’m sure he’ll have a titans or derick Henry scenario included. He’s brain washed beyond any help.
My response is the same as it has always been, and it's always been based on the law and how it is applied. Others here started with the premise that Express employees shouldn't be classified as RLA, then started looking for reasons (most of them idiotic) why.

Have you ever asked yourself why the dopes who are about to cream themselves over this never cite the law or anything related to it? No, because they're telling you what you want to hear.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Now show us which part of the RLA (or any related court, NMB, or NLRB decision) that would indicate that a company doing this would be reclassified.

MAKAVELI

Now show us which part of the RLA (or any related court, NMB, or NLRB decision) that would indicate that a company doing this would be reclassified.
2010 Smith greased up politicians to keep the status. It was close to being taken away. Ttku.....

MAKAVELI

Ground has contracted out their volume in Alaska and Hawaii, just like they do in the rest of the country. They have not combined the companies. Where are you getting lost?
No they haven't. They had ground delivery in Hawaii and Alaska. Now they don't. Where are you getting lost?

It will be fine

No they haven't. They had ground delivery in Hawaii and Alaska. Now they don't. Where are you getting lost?
I guess reading is hard. There’s nothing in that article that says they are combining the companies. It says what I did, Ground is contracting out its volume to Express in Alaska and Hawaii. I enjoy that you continue to present evidence that counters your argument.