hall: This Should Be Our Best Contract Ever.....HANDS DOWN!!!

brostalss

Re: Concessions with record profits?????? are u serious hoffa and Hall?

Why the constant complaining about record profits? You want a piece of that record profit? Buy stock. The company needs to be profitable. That's how we get our Hubs upgraded and new trucks for the drivers. If we demand more and more then UPS has to raise the price of shipping. Then we will take ourselves out of the market because there are other shipping companies doing the same service for a lot less. This economy can still go either way.

oldupsman

i've seen the details. i'm sorry guys and girls.........i'm disappointed. Inflation and healthcare is gonna kill us.

i'm voting no and telling my local that Hall can do better.
Anybody who has the company healthcare plan is going to pay more for less with the union plan. That's just a fact.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Heffernan....although I do understand your frustration about endless complaints here on BC (TDU this, Obamacare that), your statement appears to be somewhat contradictory. For example, I believe that more than 50% of the part-time work force is waiting for a full time job. Therefore, based on your statement above, you do care for these employees. Why would you begrudge them equal healthcare benefits simply because they are part-time? I have no doubt that with your 9.5+ hour days...that you do envy them at times.

How do you feel about the complaints from the full-time employees such as telematics, 9.5 + hour days, harassment, retiree healthcare, etc.? Part of being in a Union is to look out after your "Brother or Sister". Begrudging them (us) the complete and comprehensive healthcare that we have had in all past contracts....is simply not logical nor very Union like.

The last thing that I believe we should do as we evaluate the tentative agreement is.......

Will you be the driver or the victim?

View attachment 9008

You said it yourself. HALF of the PT'ers are waiting for full-time jobs. The other half stay with the company for the benefits and GREAT pay. The longer you stay part time here, the better pay you get.
I worked Part-time almost 6 years. My other jobs were at a gas station, a hospital, and a golf course. UPS blew them all away with their pay and benefits. I came in at 4am because I knew that my suffering now will transform into my "overpaid complaining truck driver" career.

Everyone has the right to their opinion. I feel "and know" fruity Rudy would not think he was overpaid if he ever stepped foot into the full-time driver ranks. There's probably a 45% chance he'd be disqualified because he couldn't do the job. Considering I have been a part-timer for years, I can speak that Part-timers have it VERY good, and honestly us drivers are taken care of as well !!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Why the constant complaining about record profits? You want a piece of that record profit? Buy stock. The company needs to be profitable. That's how we get our Hubs upgraded and new trucks for the drivers. If we demand more and more then UPS has to raise the price of shipping. Then we will take ourselves out of the market because there are other shipping companies doing the same service for a lot less. This economy can still go either way.

ups will raise its rates even when they make record profit..and guess who follows suit.....yep FedEx. These two companies are not hurting. What other industry can you think of that just has 2 major players....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
WTH, where is it to read.

It's not available yet.

Even if TDU had a "leaked" copy.... they would have it posted on their website, already criticizing it.

i've seen the details.

I'd like to know how that is possible....

The next step will be for the IBT to schedule a 2-man meeting with the Locals.

After that, the Locals will schedule a meeting with their membership. If you are that interested....

I would suggest you attend. Don't make excuses for not being there.... and then come here and complain.

-Bug-

UPSGUY72

I get sick and tired of hearing part timers complain on this site !!!!!

HEY GUESS WHAT !!! IT"S A FN PART TIME JOB !!!

You work 3 1/2 hours a day and your family gets the same benefits that I get slaving out on the road for 11 hours !!
The only PT's I care for are the ones waiting for a full time job to open up

You are lucky enough to work minimal hours for great healthcare and pensions
If you want to bitch about co-pays and deductibles, GUESS WHAT, GO GET A FULL TIME JOB !!!!!
Until then, enjoy the perks of union employment.

Bingo

We have a winner.

bbsam

Staff member
Not available yet...strange the people singing hall praises then, isn't it? In the event that the membership doesn't like the deal, how long does the "no strike" agreement hold?

UPSGUY72

Stop friend--k bitching from what I have read / heard so far we have a pretty good proposed contract to vote on. I do however understand that some people will never be happy not matter what...

If you don't like getting yearly raises, having a pension, not paying for your healthcare each week, job protection ( you have to really have to keep trying to get fired ) to name a few benefits than go get a job somewhere else where there isn't a union, they don't have a pension plan, you pay week for sub par health insurance, there is no job security as your an at will employee. You might not get a raise for years and if you do it's only because you have kissed your bosses :censored2: to get it. By all means go just don't let the door hit you on the way out as the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

In 5 years us drivers will be making $36+ to move cardboard....

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

ups will raise its rates even when they make record profit..and guess who follows suit.....yep FedEx. These two companies are not hurting. What other industry can you think of that just has 2 major players....

They're not the two only players. Competition is growing at an astonishing pace while UPS's volume is basically flat. There's small, regional competitors like OnTrac; there's local courier services utilizing LTL -- many of which are developing into small, regional competitors, etc. The high cost of shipping has become a major gripe among shippers, and they're constantly seeking low-cost alternatives. This is why small carriers, as well as services like SurePost, SmartPost, DHL@Home, etc. are thriving. Additionally, FedEx enjoys 20% margins on its Ground division, but desperately needs the profits to solidify other divisions. Should FedEx, which has built a vast info-structure with oodles of capacity, instead decide to focus on undercutting UPS in favor of market share, we'd begin losing volume. Not to mention that e-commerce has driven most of the recent growth -- when retailers begin passing additional shipping costs & tax collections onto consumers, the market will begin shrinking.

To say 'UPS can raise its rates whatever it likes and people will pay it' was so true in 1997, but a total misnomer in 2013.

UPSGUY72

They're not the two only players. Competition is growing at an astonishing pace while UPS's volume is basically flat. There's small, regional competitors like OnTrac; there's local courier services utilizing LTL -- many of which are developing into small, regional competitors, etc. The high cost of shipping has become a major gripe among shippers, and they're constantly seeking low-cost alternatives. This is why small carriers, as well as services like SurePost, SmartPost, DHL@Home, etc. are thriving. Additionally, FedEx enjoys 20% margins on its Ground division, but desperately needs the profits to solidify other divisions. Should FedEx, which has built a vast info-structure with oodles of capacity, instead decide to focus on undercutting UPS in favor of market share, we'd begin losing volume. Not to mention that e-commerce has driven most of the recent growth -- when retailers begin passing additional shipping costs & tax collections onto consumers, the market will begin shrinking.

To say 'UPS can raise its rates whatever it likes and people will pay it' was so true in 1997, but a total misnomer in 2013.

Here today gone tomorrow these company pay there employees peanuts they have no bennys and there profit margin is probably right around zero.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

news flash ups and FedEx raise shipping costs around 6% every year like clock work.

bbsam

Staff member
Some of us know him.

Those that haven't had the chance to meet him, know of his reputation and character.

(Probably a foreign concept at non-union FedEx)

-Bug-

Lol. Even in a response to a simple question, you just can't help being an ass.

Anyway, the Express folks have been begging for union attention for a while now so if you would like to start exporting "reputation and character", that would be a good place to start.

Any idea on the length if the "no strike" agreement? I can't help but wonder if that wasn't UPS' main goal.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Here today gone tomorrow these company pay there employees peanuts they have no bennys and there profit margin is probably right around zero.

If you want to convince yourself that, than sure.