hall: This Should Be Our Best Contract Ever.....HANDS DOWN!!!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Re: Concessions with record profits?????? are u serious hoffa and Hall?

Good job hall and hoffa dividing the part timers and full timers even more! Part time poverty gets even worse ....now part timers have to pay more towards co pays and deductables. Way to screw over the current part time crew as well. All this after record profits!!!! SOLD OUT AGAIN!!!

#1 - You have absolutely NO IDEA what the co-pays & deductibles will be once all bargaining employees are merged under a unified health care plan.

#2 - If UPS contributes $5,000 toward your health insurance today, and $7,000 four years from now -- but you occur a slight increase in out-of-pocket costs -- it's not "concessionary."

#3 - PTers vastly outnumber FTers. If we don't like the contract, we could vote it down. Problem is Right To Freeload morons like ORLY!?! who will be enjoying a $4/hour raise & continued enjoyment no-cost benefits without paying for the privilege -- and without a vote on the contract.

#1 - You have absolutely NO IDEA what the co-pays & deductibles will be once all bargaining employees are merged under a unified health care plan.

#2 - If UPS contributes $5,000 toward your health insurance today, and $7,000 four years from now -- but you occur a slight increase in out-of-pocket costs -- it's not "concessionary."

#3 - PTers vastly outnumber FTers. If we don't like the contract, we could vote it down. Problem is Right To Freeload morons like ORLY!?! who will be enjoying a $4/hour raise & continued enjoyment no-cost benefits without paying for the privilege -- and without a vote on the contract.
It's guys like Bagels who give me hope for future generations.

rudy5150

Any increase in co pays is alot for a part timer!!!!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

How do some of you folks know what you will be paying? I haven't seen any numbers yet.

balland chain

sounds like they can use technology to fire drivers now and vague harassment wording.....woohoooooo ! Have fun full timers!!
Hopefully the persons on this board that think it is a good contract will see this one..When will it stop....Now with the technology we are all sitting ducks if a manager or sup dislikes you...

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

Beag's. Good post
I am a 15 year pt'er and can appreciate what we have and received and as before WTF it is a part time job with fully time benefits ,pension and excellant pay .If you do not like it hit the bricks .It is the best part time compensation package anywhere.We ship sh-t from here to there not find a cure for cancer or do rocket science.

rudy5150

someones on board with managment. what a kiss A********!

Oh I see... driver production has driven profits. That is correct to some extent but falls way short. Who insures the drivers are productive. The company would not be nearly as profitable if not for the guidance of our managers. Do you think you would be as productive if management took the month off. Be honest. If your answer is yes, just watch what happens on the preload when the supervisor is called to the office for something. Watch the driver who tells one of their customers their life story and "forgets" to enter any break in the DIAD. That's always a good one. I'm tired of hearing how the rank and file should get this or that because UPS is making so much money. UPS is in business to make as much money as possible. If you want to share in the record profits you speak of, BUY SOME STOCK! Lets face it, the rank and file couldn't do without the managers and the managers cant do without the rank and file. Some people need to stop giving the false impression that hourly employees are the only people who make UPS successful. Give me a break!

Justaname

Glad to see pt stewie and bagels talking, I relate a lot with both of them as a pter too. I believe this is a good contract, and will vote yes( once I read the details). hall did not " sell us out" and I have no bad feelings toward any full timer over our pay difference.

stink219

Do you think you would be as productive if management took the month off.
I 100%, without a doubt, whole heartedly, no question, believe that if management took a month even a year, we would still be productive. Conversely, if us hourlies took the same time off, your company would be in a collapse. 15 years ago, managers could actually pull a route successfully. Now a days they don't know how a key fob works. No offense to ALL, just the majority.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I 100%, without a doubt, whole heartedly, no question, believe that if management took a month even a year, we would still be productive. Conversely, if us hourlies took the same time off, your company would be in a collapse. 15 years ago, managers could actually pull a route successfully. Now a days they don't know how a key fob works. No offense to ALL, just the majority.

What's a fob?

You talking about my wife?

turdburglar

Oh I see... driver production has driven profits. That is correct to some extent but falls way short. Who insures the drivers are productive. The company would not be nearly as profitable if not for the guidance of our managers. Do you think you would be as productive if management took the month off. Be honest. If your answer is yes, just watch what happens on the preload when the supervisor is called to the office for something. Watch the driver who tells one of their customers their life story and "forgets" to enter any break in the DIAD. That's always a good one. I'm tired of hearing how the rank and file should get this or that because UPS is making so much money. UPS is in business to make as much money as possible. If you want to share in the record profits you speak of, BUY SOME STOCK! Lets face it, the rank and file couldn't do without the managers and the managers cant do without the rank and file. Some people need to stop giving the false impression that hourly employees are the only people who make UPS successful. Give me a break!
On the contrary, I always say that if management suddenly disappeared at UPS, and us laborers continued to work, we would still be able to make the company run, albeit less productively. But if all of us laborers suddenly disappeared at UPS, management would not be able to keep the company running with managing alone. After all, they cannot just order packages to unload, load, and deliver themselves.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

And they would have to do that between their 100 smoke breaks and conference calls about things that happen 3 weeks prior. I really doubt many managers could do 90% of the routes out there and to do it in the "allowances", ha well lets say I would love to video tape that.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

On the contrary, I always say that if management suddenly disappeared at UPS, and us laborers continued to work, we would still be able to make the company run, albeit less productively. But if all of us laborers suddenly disappeared at UPS, management would not be able to keep the company running with managing alone. After all, they cannot just order packages to unload, load, and deliver themselves.

You should ask management how it went during the 97 strike when they were going out in pairs to do a few airs....I can say that the customers wern't impressed...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
you want to talk numbers? the 70 cent "raise" we got the last 2 years is not even a COLA. we have been going backwards. I have been taking home less money due to taxes and inflation the last 2 years.

gas, utiliies, and groceries all up over double digits in the last 2 years. i keep pretty good records.

granted, we are doing much better than the average American but so has UPS with record profits every quarter.

unfortunately, the contract will pass because most Teamsters would rather settle so they can go out and buy their new Harley and boat rather than do the math.<br><br>they'll be back here in 2 years crying over their bills and medical but it will be too late.

Finally a man with some sense. Ill rep u later.

I actually had a coworker say wow we are gettin raises I expected a pay cut.

I said are u nuts they are making a billion a quarter.

If this contract passes profits will be close to 8 billion a year by the end of it I bet.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You should ask management how it went during the 97 strike when they were going out in pairs to do a few airs....I can say that the customers wern't impressed...

I ran a full route everyday (minus the pickups) and was back in by 5 pm everyday ... even in Seattle.

dogs.bite.me

I was talking to a customer about this today, and he was so glad there was an agreement in place. He remembers 97. I don't. I was 11 at the time.

BTW, I hope the union really fights for these 22.3s. I had to fight my butt off for 2 years until my case finally went to the panel and they awarded me ft.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

someones on board with managment. what a kiss A********!

Uh... the details that have been leaked have been very favorable to the Teamsters. Remember, just a few weeks ago UPS was proposing NO wage increases, contributions of $90 (and rising by 10% annually) toward health care & a $500/$1000 annual bonus to be used toward rising health care costs. Obviously UPS never anticipated such offer would come close to ratification but given how quickly this deal was constructed, and more than three months before the current deal expires, there should be little doubt toward the validity of rumors that major shippers such as Amazon were threatening to walk.

Regardless of your feelings, at surface, what was agreed to is a stunning victory for us. It's almost as if there will be a catch -- e.g. an increase to the FT wage progression -- for it to be true. I'll reserve final judgement until I see the offer in full.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

you want to talk numbers? the 70 cent "raise" we got the last 2 years is not even a COLA. we have been going backwards. I have been taking home less money due to taxes and inflation the last 2 years.

We've gotten $1.80 in raises over the past two years, which is well beyond inflation increases. For most drivers, this is a $4500-$5000 annual pay increase (and for many others, even more). Honestly, if an extra $5000 hasn't been sufficient to cover your increased expenses, then it's due to poor spending habits (heck, energy & retail food prices have been nearly flat over this period), not inflation.