hall Video: Don’t Mess With Our Members’ Pensions

BuffaloDream

Bring on the Sunshine!
May 16, 2007: Jim Hoffa and hall promised that early negotiations would send a message to every Teamster employer not to mess with our pension funds.

With UPS and other employers trying to break out of the Central States, what message will we send now? See hall’s pledge to the Teamster Convention.

View Video:

UPS Pension Grab: What Message Will We Send?

Unified!

Buffy!:thumbup1:

30andout

The guy still sounds like the the stiff arm idiot that he is. I wrote him a letter about my personal pension problem and he didn't even have the decency to reply.
Sounds like their the only ones allowed to dip into our pockets.

nhguy

This guys a complete jackass! What he should of said is the Teamsters have kicked the smilet out of it's members for years and that's why the pensions are in the state they are in!! UPS didn't cause this problem. Jerks like this guy helped put sooooo many trucking companies out of business that's why there aren't enough people paying into the plan!!!

Thank God I'm not a Teamster. I feel real bad for the hard working UPS people that are really losing their future at the hands of idiots like this guy!!

badpas

This guys a complete jackass! What he should of said is the Teamsters have kicked the smilet out of it's members for years and that's why the pensions are in the state they are in!! UPS didn't cause this problem. Jerks like this guy helped put sooooo many trucking companies out of business that's why there aren't enough people paying into the plan!!!

Thank God I'm not a Teamster. I feel real bad for the hard working UPS people that are really losing their future at the hands of idiots like this guy!!

I'v never been more ashamed of being a teamster than I am right now. Its one thing to stand up and fight for what you believe in but if you can't comunicate then at least send someone who can talk plain english or at least not studddder.

705red

Browncafe Steward
hall is a stand up guy! He has our best interest at heart all the time and is the only hoffa slate member that got my vote. Dont hold a couple of studders against a man when he speaks to a crowd its not for everyone. 30 you have accused teamsters of stealing on several occasions, again i will ask you to put up the proof or shut up about it already.

Nhguy if your not a teamster you have no place to comment on the issue. What exactly your title ay ups, some sort of management i suspect.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Its one thing to stand up and fight for what you believe in but if you can't comunicate then at least send someone who can talk plain english or at least not studddder.

Easy does it on insulting people with stutters, pal!!!!! I have one and I communicate just fine. Don't underestimate stutterers, either. The perception of us is we are unintelligent and unable to communicate but its actually the opposite--we are just as intelligent and as capable of communicating. It took cajones for Hall to get up in front of a crowd like he did. I sure wouldn't! -Rocky

sawdusttv

Easy does it on insulting people with stutters, pal!!!!! I have one and I communicate just fine. Don't underestimate stutterers, either. The perception of us is we are unintelligent and unable to communicate but its actually the opposite--we are just as intelligent and as capable of communicating. It took cajones for Hall to get up in front of a crowd like he did. I sure wouldn't! -Rocky

Good point Rock, but just who is mr. Hall going to get to do the butt kicking because I have not run into any of the teamster boys with the cajones to back up the words, and believe me, the APWA boys, myself included have been going nose to nose with them for over two years now, and we're not backing down from any of the teamster thugs. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brett636

Good point Rock, but just who is mr. Hall going to get to do the butt kicking because I have not run into any of the teamster boys with the cajones to back up the words, and believe me, the APWA boys, myself included have been going nose to nose with them for over two years now, and we're not backing down from any of the teamster thugs. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, you will just stand there looking like the fools that you are. :w00t:

oakland

We stand behind our BA here, his name is Marty Frates and he's a stand up guy that doesn't take any crap from the company and I wish there were more like him.

Cole

I don't blame Hall, but I do blame Hoffa for putting a non-parcel worker as Parcel Director. We could do alot worse though, because Hall at one time was good.

badpas

Don't take that the wrong way because my problem is not with studderers[does that look right] and he may be a stand up guy but if your going to make an anouncement like that it should have been with a little more conviction. My statements were purely based on public speaking. I know nobody is perfect but you got to admit that was pretty rough. But make no mistake I would never make fun of someone with a speech impetement or anything like that. Those statements were just to strong to bumble through.

StopsPerCar

I can think of alot better things UPS can do with a couple of Billion dollars than dump it into a pension plan that Thousands of people that never worked for UPS will be getting. To be honest i think i would rather have UPS managing my pension money than Teamsters/UPS handling it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I can think of alot better things UPS can do with a couple of Billion dollars than dump it into a pension plan that Thousands of people that never worked for UPS will be getting. To be honest i think i would rather have UPS managing my pension money than Teamsters/UPS handling it.

You must be in Central States like I am. I'm really looking forward to working another thiteen years on top of thirty two I have now so my wife and I can enjoy that $2550.00 a month CS Pension check. The thirty and out at any age plus more money on top of that is wanted very much in my part of the country. Unfortunately, the Teamsters think we are too stupid to vote for ourselves.:mad:

Cole

I wouldn't want UPS to have total control over my pension, but I don't want the same people to control it that are now either.

30andout

hall is a stand up guy! He has our best interest at heart all the time and is the only hoffa slate member that got my vote. Dont hold a couple of studders against a man when he speaks to a crowd its not for everyone. 30 you have accused teamsters of stealing on several occasions, again i will ask you to put up the proof or shut up about it already.

Nhguy if your not a teamster you have no place to comment on the issue. What exactly your title ay ups, some sort of management i suspect.
Red what kind of proof do you need. I have been a dues paying member for over 30 years, UPS has me in another retirement plan than another guy in a nearby center. The teamsters won't do anything about it, because if they do central states will have to start paying my pension. I don't have to SHUT UP I have the right to yell as loud and often as I want about our poor representation. If your hall is such a stand up guy, why did I receive a reply to a letter from the NLRB and none from the great MR. Hall. Both letters were sent the same day and Hall won't even reply.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Thats really intelligent for a public speaker to threaten UPS that their going to ''KICK THE **** OUT OF THEM".:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Never said he was the sharpest knife in the drawer, friend. Anyone that would threaten UPS is an idiot as far as I'm concerned. Then again, coming from a Teamster official, I'm really not surprised he'd make such a threat:thumbdown. I've never been intimidated by a union official but I've seen enough on here to know it happens all too often. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Don't take that the wrong way because my problem is not with studderers[does that look right] and he may be a stand up guy but if your going to make an anouncement like that it should have been with a little more conviction. My statements were purely based on public speaking. I know nobody is perfect but you got to admit that was pretty rough. But make no mistake I would never make fun of someone with a speech impetement or anything like that. Those statements were just to strong to bumble through.
That clip of hall was only a couple minutes, i was at that convention and hall spoke for about 30 mins, and had everyones attention. What you failed to understand there he paused several times to allow the applause to settle. hall is very capable of holding the companies feet to the fire, he has the support of every ups local! Hoffa will not be allowed to tuck tail and run!