keeb86

They announced to us that once RDO is gone the truck will be PAL to ODO. Only issue is our start times need to be set later than normal to make up leaving 9:15 or later everyday. Also the GPS system being implemented when Orion hits will help.

late_air

Name? Can't. If I knew it Id just type it. I can't
The question is what is management going to care about more? My Orion trace, my miles over Orion trace, (because there is no chance in hell that I'm going to walk a half block to make a delivery which is what Orion thinks I should do (unless I'm having my annual in which case ABSOLUTELY) or my over-allowed.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The question is what is management going to care about more? My Orion trace, my miles over Orion trace, (because there is no chance in hell that I'm going to walk a half block to make a delivery which is what Orion thinks I should do (unless I'm having my annual in which case ABSOLUTELY) or my over-allowed.
Any action you take to keep your name from showing up on one report will automatically cause it to appear on a different one.

soberups

Its probably not technically feasable, but it would be neat if there was sort of number-scanning app for smartphones that allowed you to to take pictures of your DIAD screen, read the PAL numbers, and have your smart phone put them back into numerical (RDO) order. I would use it just to spite UPS.

soberups

I have seen photos of the new GPS system and the DIAD holder that will allow the driver to see the screen and follow the directions. It is the most blatant example of an in-cab distraction that I can think of. How many children will we have to run over before they remove it?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Please explain to me the “logic” in loading a blown out car in RDO order, and then preventing the driver from being able to access RDO in the DIAD.
Please explain to me the “logic” in expecting a driver in a blown out car to dig a single package off of the middle of the 8000 shelf.
Please explain to me how ORION will know that a particular pickup will be heavy enough that the driver will be compelled to get irregs and large packages delivered...regardless of location...in order to contain the incoming pickup volume.
ORION is a fascinating excercise in map theory but it is not applicable to delivering and picking up packages in real time and space. And if you had any actual real-world experience as a driver, you would understand that.
your PDS can adjust around all that, as i’ve said before yet you can’t seem to read

Indecisi0n

2015-01-23-TRUMPGIF2-thumb.gif

soberups

your PDS can adjust around all that, as i’ve said before yet you can’t seem to read
So the PDS can adjust the PAL labels for every package on every route every day to reflect the best way to run that route in real life?
I call BS.
Or are you saying the PDS can override corporate and make the route display RDO in the DIAD in order to reflect how the packages are actually loaded in the car?
I call BS.
I will ask you again to please explain the logic in loading a car according to RDO, and then preventing the driver from being able to see the route displayed in RDO.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Or are you saying the PDS can override corporate and make the route display RDO in the DIAD in order to reflect how the packages are actually loaded in the car?
They CAN turn the Orion optimization off completely, so you're just left with rdo. I imagine this shows up on a report somewhere though, so this will only happen during peak.

soberups

The underlying problem is simple.
The job of a driver is to safely and efficiently provide package delivery and pick up service to our customers in real time and in the real world, while factoring in and adjusting to an infinite number of variables that are unknown until such time as the driver encounters them.
The job of ORION...is to connect a fixed number of blinking dots on a map in the shortest theoretical linear distance possible.
Those two goals are not compatible. They are mutually exclusive of one another, a fact which is readily apparent and intuitively obvious to anyone who has ever actually run a delivery route.

Johney

it was never an IE problem? the PDS own their trace
Of course not. I've talked to one of our PDS guys and he told me the mess the *Orion* team left him would take him so many hours to fix the right way that if he started from when they left till he retires working 80 hours a week it still wouldn't be perfect.

Keep sucking down that Kool-aid.