sweetUPS

Friend was called in to come to work next week. But not to much information was given. Told her to come in at 8am. She received a phone call a few weeks ago and she asked if she wanted to do driver helper and package handle and she said yes.

Curious to know about working two position.

Is the meet up at 8am an orientation or ready to work.

She said she will not get a uniform, but a vest and I think she has to wear black shoes or boots. She will call tomorrow and confirm if black sneakers would be okay.

Will the helper meet the driver at the stations? What does the helper actually do? Help going to the back of th truck and carrying the Items to the door?

Box Ox

b1bf7077_Star_Trek_suicide.gif~c200

Don't wear sneakers. At the very least get some good non slip. A steel toe as handler or helper is a must. Can't kick everyone's packages in the car to make them fit without a good sheetkicker. You'll want something warm if you get bad winters.

No one here has cared about appearance for helper for 3 peak seasons and about a year of package handler. Just don't look messy. Dress for the occasion. Layers. A good coat will trap heat. Throw a brown hoodie over it good to go.

Box Ox

A steel toe as handler or helper is a must.

I always preferred composite toes for preload. Warmer, lighter and still crush rated.

No one here has cared about appearance for helper for 3 peak seasons

Yep, definitely noticed that too.

Steel toes are not required.

Not required but a steel or composite safety toe is great to have if you're working inside. Mine saved my little piggies big time in preload. Ditched the safety toe for something more comfortable like Air Monarchs (summer shoe) when I left preload for PT air/FT.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would like to apologize for the number of rude responses you received.

But the void in my chest prevents me from doing that. EVER HEAR OF THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
She will have orientation first. No open toed shoes. Wear leather sneakers or boots. She will watch several videos and take tests on them. Orientation takes around 3 hours. I was given a vest. No uniforms given to seasonal helpers in my location. They will call her and tell her where to meet the driver, or she will be trained on a golf cart. She will help deliver the packages to the customers. If she drives a cart, she will deliver the packages by herself after a few days of training. That was how it was for me anyway. Don't pay any attention to the rude people on this site. They just can't help themselves, but they are kind of fun to mess with... lol. Gotta love em!