Hoffa Jr's and Dennis Taylor's hidden agenda revealed!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Then how come we tried to get more people to vote than any contract in the history of UPS and the Teamsters. Can you honestly say that you ever saw more information out there to inform the members to vote? You need to understand the reality that is that the contract has passed. We would love it if everyone Ofer and we tried to make it as easy as humanly possible. The only catch is that members either make to much money to care or had something else to do. Ups Freight did not have this problem. Instead of spending all your free time on this inter webs site you should have made sure actual members voted. Instead of super long winded posts that you are known for.
Cuz you wanted an overwhelming yes push come election time. This now showed you that UPS is against you guys.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Then how come we tried to get more people to vote than any contract in the history of UPS and the Teamsters. Can you honestly say that you ever saw more information out there to inform the members to vote? You need to understand the reality that is that the contract has passed. We would love it if everyone Ofer and we tried to make it as easy as humanly possible. The only catch is that members either make to much money to care or had something else to do. Ups Freight did not have this problem. Instead of spending all your free time on this inter webs site you should have made sure actual members voted. Instead of super long winded posts that you are known for.
First off I don’t think I saw ANYWHERE in any literature or website that stated we had to have over 50% voter turnout to send this contract back to the table.....nowhere, even though that was an important point to know about and MOST ups teamsters wouldn’t know that from basic common knowledge. Secondly, UPS freight unit is a hell of A Lot smaller than us over on this side and doesn’t have even close to the amount of part timers that we do.... most of those freight employees are career minded and many from other trucking firms so the contract means more to them than To a
Bunch of. Millennials who come to work in the hub for 2 months, get bored and then bounce...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Super long winded post ^^^*

Lol

browned out

What was unprecedented was Hoffa and Taylor's failure to inform the members of the 50% and 67% thresholds.

Not on any of postcards, social media posts, conference calls Jamie Flemming or other Hoffa supported videos or the Teamster website mentioned it. Never mentioned.

These pieces of garbage spent $100s of thousands of our dues on all of these platforms to spread the fear of a possible work stoppage.

Not once did they inform the members of that those who vote don't matter as much as those who do not.bother to vote. I don't think we ever hit a 50% or 67% thresholds in any contract negotiation.

That a majority part time workforce of which most work less than 5 years before quitting controlled the fate of Full Timers whose careers are at UPS for decades.

The Teamsters had a responsibility to represent ALL the members, instead they concealed invaluable information. The low strike vote participation was a direct indicator of voter turnout on the CBA. The fight was fixed and the dice were loaded.

I hope many opt out of this company controlled corrupt union. And there is credible evidence to file an NLRB action.

Last edited:

SameRightsForAll

Not sure who I am more disappointed in our leadership or the members too Lazy to vote

Back up a step and recall that UPS has had a hiring frenzy since June or July? The IBT then targeted these new-hires like lawyers swarming around a divorce case. What is the past pattern of this many new members voting on a new contract? Is there a pattern of UPS having a hiring surge a few months before the new contract is voted on? Why was this vote delayed so long? Was the established member base weakened during this delay? Could UPS have taken advantage of the IBT. Could the IBT have taken advantage of UPS? Can a low turnout be "created"? Were the new members given advice on where their local stands on this terrible contract or were they left in the dark?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
That's a pathetic turnout. They couldn't have made it an easier to vote.
The union couldn't pull this crap if people bothered to vote.

45-47% turnout when over 50% are transient part time works who have a real life to get to after the morning shift is damn amazing IMO!

Here's an idea, cut the part time vote in half for totals then tell me the turnout percentage!

Benben

Hey :censored2:, the union said to vote exactly once during a PCM and that was because someone in the back shouted it. A Steward talks at each and every PCM and only once did he open his gash about voting and that was because of the shout. The center manager told us to vote well over 10 times in the past 3 weeks.

Brownedout hit the nail on the head about the media blitz! I kept every mailer and when someone or some local starts a legal campaign to expose the fraud I'll make sure they get them along with a $100 bill to show my support!

:censored2: Dennis Taylor and :censored2: Hoffa Jr. There is no pit low enough to toss their cheating :censored2:!

SameRightsForAll

IBT constitution Art 7 section 2:

If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

Now we view, in the sunlight, the actions and the true motivations taken by Dennis Taylor and Hoffa Jr. in the absolute :censored2:ing of the UPS members! Everyone knows voter turnout is always less than 50% due to the transient nature of a part time workforce! Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor conspired to deny the UPS membership of any "voice" in the contract and planned for the contract to be rammed through no matter what the vote was!

By sending out that Strike Authorization vote months ago Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor planned to invoke this article if the vote total was anything but a "yes" vote. This is why Dennis Taylor said "ratified" before all the numbers were announced on that live call Friday!

It's a known fact that this is how d***cr*ts operate. Move the goal post when you lose, then you win. The whole notion of a super majority election and to have conditions prior that trigger whether to use the rule or not, and then to CHOOSE whether to honor any of it at the end, but even more sadly to pretend like this was a final offer and final vote is just too much for me to stomach.

Time for change

You’re
You’re a liar, how many times did you say majority would rule and contract would not be imposed for not hitting 50%. I hope we meet in person one day, old man, I’ll let you lie to my face.

Benben

That is why I am waiting to see which local files legal proceedings to halt this CRAP. I and more than a few drivers in my local will financially support where we can!

Benben

I honestly didn't think Taylor and Hoffa Jr. were as big of company whores as they have acted! I know $10 hookers with more self respect!

Tony Q

You’re

You’re a liar, how many times did you say majority would rule and contract would not be imposed for not hitting 50%. I hope we meet in person one day, old man, I’ll let you lie to my face.
I thought you would reach the 50% threshold hold or the 2/3. Obviously your movement was a lot weaker.

Tony Q

Hey :censored2:, the union said to vote exactly once during a PCM and that was because someone in the back shouted it. A Steward talks at each and every PCM and only once did he open his gash about voting and that was because of the shout. The center manager told us to vote well over 10 times in the past 3 weeks.

Brownedout hit the nail on the head about the media blitz! I kept every mailer and when someone or some local starts a legal campaign to expose the fraud I'll make sure they get them along with a $100 bill to show my support!

:censored2: Dennis Taylor and :censored2: Hoffa Jr. There is no pit low enough to toss their cheating :censored2:!
I don’t understand your response.

Tony Q

First off I don’t think I saw ANYWHERE in any literature or website that stated we had to have over 50% voter turnout to send this contract back to the table.....nowhere, even though that was an important point to know about and MOST ups teamsters wouldn’t know that from basic common knowledge. Secondly, UPS freight unit is a hell of A Lot smaller than us over on this side and doesn’t have even close to the amount of part timers that we do.... most of those freight employees are career minded and many from other trucking firms so the contract means more to them than To a
Bunch of. Millennials who come to work in the hub for 2 months, get bored and then bounce...
Anything less that 50% is inexcusable.

Benben

I don’t understand your response.
Head too far up Jr's arse to be thinking straight?

You are not going to get someone working 2 and 3 jobs, where UPS is not the primary income source to spend any time to read then jump through the hoops of voting! It just doesn't matter to them!!! All it is is a time sink away from family!

Benben

Anything less that 50% is inexcusable.

IT IS A MAJORITY TRANSIENT VOTING POOL, IT WILL NOT MATTER TO THEM IN 3 YEARS! SO WHY TAKE THE TIME TO VOTE IS THEIR THOUGHT PROCESS!

OK :censored2:, what were the totals strictly from the full time ranks?