Hoffa Jr's and Dennis Taylor's hidden agenda revealed!

Mooseknuckle

Back up a step and recall that UPS has had a hiring frenzy since June or July? The IBT then targeted these new-hires like lawyers swarming around a divorce case. What is the past pattern of this many new members voting on a new contract? Is there a pattern of UPS having a hiring surge a few months before the new contract is voted on? Why was this vote delayed so long? Was the established member base weakened during this delay? Could UPS have taken advantage of the IBT. Could the IBT have taken advantage of UPS? Can a low turnout be "created"? Were the new members given advice on where their local stands on this terrible contract or were they left in the dark?
The delay was so that many more of the new hires would be eligible to vote. They had been hiring guys planning this for a long time but, with so many quitting before they make book they didn't have the numbers to sway the vote how they wanted. So, they had to delay and wait. That's why there wasn't a definite length to the extension. They wanted to have the ability to wait longer if needed. Also, with electronic voting to be sure there was a way to get real time feedback on how many are voting and push a vote if it's close because most new hires will vote yes since they don't really know why they're voting. Supposedly they can't I was told but, how do you really know? All unprecedented and clearly not customary. I mean, Why would OUR PAID agents go against how we voted? Their hands are not tied as Dennis Taylor is stating. The language is very open to interpretation. When I read it It sounds to me like it was intended with a REAL final offer and there is an impasse to avoid a strike.
Be honest, Does anyone think that Taylor was at any point interested in what we want? Really?

Daf

IBT constitution Art 7 section 2:

If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

Now we view, in the sunlight, the actions and the true motivations taken by Dennis Taylor and Hoffa Jr. in the absolute :censored2:ing of the UPS members! Everyone knows voter turnout is always less than 50% due to the transient nature of a part time workforce! Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor conspired to deny the UPS membership of any "voice" in the contract and planned for the contract to be rammed through no matter what the vote was!

By sending out that Strike Authorization vote months ago Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor planned to invoke this article if the vote total was anything but a "yes" vote. This is why Dennis Taylor said "ratified" before all the numbers were announced on that live call Friday!
I don’t feel that a first offer should be called a “final” offer without going back to negotiations first.

Tony Q

IT IS A MAJORITY TRANSIENT VOTING POOL, IT WILL NOT MATTER TO THEM IN 3 YEARS! SO WHY TAKE THE TIME TO VOTE IS THEIR THOUGHT PROCESS!

OK :censored2:, what were the totals strictly from the full time ranks?
I don’t give information like that to people who are disrespectful.

Tony Q

Head too far up Jr's arse to be thinking straight?

You are not going to get someone working 2 and 3 jobs, where UPS is not the primary income source to spend any time to read then jump through the hoops of voting! It just doesn't matter to them!!! All it is is a time sink away from family!
You are wrong

browndevil

IBT constitution Art 7 section 2:

If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

Now we view, in the sunlight, the actions and the true motivations taken by Dennis Taylor and Hoffa Jr. in the absolute :censored2:ing of the UPS members! Everyone knows voter turnout is always less than 50% due to the transient nature of a part time workforce! Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor conspired to deny the UPS membership of any "voice" in the contract and planned for the contract to be rammed through no matter what the vote was!

By sending out that Strike Authorization vote months ago Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor planned to invoke this article if the vote total was anything but a "yes" vote. This is why Dennis Taylor said "ratified" before all the numbers were announced on that live call Friday!
...and many people bitched about getting, flyers, emails, text updates about voting. And still the membership could not get votes over the threshold

Kelgirl

That's a pathetic turnout. They couldn't have made it an easier to vote.

The union couldn't pull this crap if people bothered to vote.
It was fixed. Could have been 97% for all we know.
Wake up.The union wasn't gonna let this contract fail. Their $130k a year jobs would be on the line. "It's the best we could do". Yeah right!

john chesney

I agree but I think it was a backup strategy if it didn’t pass. They should of came right out in the beginning and told members this would happen. They kept that in their back pocket. Criminal !!!!!!!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I don’t give information like that to people who are disrespectful.
I'm sorry. Please tell Mrs. TonyQ I am sorry too, I was very disrespectful to her last night!

Bitch, neither you, Dennis or Hoffa have done anything in the past year to warrant receiving any respect from any member!

As for your "knowing but not wanting to give that information" I call shenanigans! You are so full of :censored2: a full bottle of ex-lax couldn't clear you out!

Tony Q

I'm sorry. Please tell Mrs. TonyQ I am sorry too, I was very disrespectful to her last night!

Bitch, neither you, Dennis or Hoffa have done anything in the past year to warrant receiving any respect from any member!

As for your "knowing but not wanting to give that information" I call shenanigans! You are so full of :censored2: a full bottle of ex-lax couldn't clear you out!
You are a funny guy. I don’t like you and you are very rude, but put up a great fight. For that I respect your presence here. Bravo.

Tony Q

I think you know what I meant, but I'll clarify.

What percentage of the eligible voters for this contract vote were part time employees?
I posted the percentages earlier, Go look. As far as the actual percentage of voters in this 209,000 ballots we will have a percentage in a couple days, as well as breakdowns by local.

Benben

What % of full time employees voted?

How many voted on the Strike Authorization?

Kelgirl

Back up a step and recall that UPS has had a hiring frenzy since June or July? The IBT then targeted these new-hires like lawyers swarming around a divorce case. What is the past pattern of this many new members voting on a new contract? Is there a pattern of UPS having a hiring surge a few months before the new contract is voted on? Why was this vote delayed so long? Was the established member base weakened during this delay? Could UPS have taken advantage of the IBT. Could the IBT have taken advantage of UPS? Can a low turnout be "created"? Were the new members given advice on where their local stands on this terrible contract or were they left in the dark?
Ding ding ding, Winner! These are newbies being hired @ $ 10, seeing they are getting a $2 or $3 raise in a month, voting Yes. Just wait till they go through their first peak, they will be gone and we ( Senior PTimers) and Full Timers are screwed for the next 4/ 5 years. This was plotted out quite a while ago. Beleive It.

Benben

Then how come we tried to get more people to vote than any contract in the history of UPS and the Teamsters. Can you honestly say that you ever saw more information out there to inform the members to vote? You need to understand the reality that is that the contract has passed. We would love it if everyone Ofer and we tried to make it as easy as humanly possible. The only catch is that members either make to much money to care or had something else to do. Ups Freight did not have this problem. Instead of spending all your free time on this inter webs site you should have made sure actual members voted. Instead of super long winded posts that you are known for.

I disagree hole heartily. I'll agree with you in only 1 respect! "You" spent more money in history trying to buy the vote. I received more multi color, full glossy post cards all saying to vote yes and telling me how great the concession filled contract was than I can count!

"You" spent millions buying an app then maintaining it just to push the narrative that DT and Hoffa were working diligently in our best interests. Then with 1 week before the contract was set to expire we finally got the details and actually saw how bad we were getting screwed by our own!

We expect to get screwed by the company but to have Hoffa and Taylor :censored2: us also!?!?!

NO, you didn't try to get more people to vote, this was a con job that even Trump would have been proud of!

mikejonesjr

45% isnt pathetic. Its damn good. What's the demographic of workers that won't be at ups in 6 months and therefore have no reason to vote. What percent of total workers do they up. They won't tell us because then reaching 50% when we are including that demographic that has no reason to vote isnt realistic.