Holiday Send Agains

AlliSeeisBrown

Of course, UPS is expecting mass closures on Monday. Management has been handing out sheets everyday and asking us to fill out businesses that are expected to close.

Personally, I'm a cover driver who has been on a different route almost every day the past two weeks.

Today, during the PCM, they said "you are going to be held accountable to the fullest for all of your business send agains on Monday."

I asked, as a cover driver, "whatever route I land on, on Monday, I'm accountable for those send agains?" Answer was yes.

The past two weeks I've been asking businesses and filling out the sheet, for different routes.

If I ended up on another drivers route, how could I be held accountable for those send agains? How would that even hold up?

GenericUsername

Just show up to every stop and record them as closed if they are. It is what it is. Obviously don't sheet them during 11:59-13:01, but just do a normal day's work. If anyone gives you grief about it, tell em to pound salt.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
When they say, "held accountable to the fullest," what exactly does that mean? You, as a cover driver, cannot be "held accountable" for someone else's inability to fill out a proper closed list. Just show up on Monday, attempt every package on that car, and don't give it another thought.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First of all, there will not be "mass closures". On my route the only places that are closed are most of my stops on campus, all of the schools , the army reserve center and a few medical offices. The bulk of my commercial stops are open.

As a cover driver, unless you were on the same route last week that you will be running on Monday, you cannot be held accountable if the bid driver was too lazy to turn in a closed list.

The fact that they are pushing for the closings tells me that they plan to cut a ton of runs. Glad I am off next week.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
First of all, there will not be "mass closures". On my route the only places that are closed are most of my stops on campus, all of the schools , the army reserve center and a few medical offices. The bulk of my commercial stops are open.

As a cover driver, unless you were on the same route last week that you will be running on Monday, you cannot be held accountable if the bid driver was too lazy to turn in a closed list.

The fact that they are pushing for the closings tells me that they plan to cut a ton of runs. Glad I am off next week.
We usually run 40-43 routes on a Monday. They are trying to run 25 or so this Monday. I think the problem is that businesses aren't closed, but they will be leaving early.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It would be so much easier for all involved if all major holidays were moved to Monday and if they moved the Super Bowl to Saturday night.

at the very least holidays should be celebrated on a fixed day of the month like thanksgiving, like christmas should be the 3rd sunday of the month or something

plus they should always be on a weekend and just give the monday or friday off to compensate

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
at the very least holidays should be celebrated on a fixed day of the month like thanksgiving, like christmas should be the 3rd sunday of the month or something

plus they should always be on a weekend and just give the monday or friday off to compensate

First you guys mess with my delivery order, then my stop count, AND NOW YOU WANT TO MESS WITH JESUS'S BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

HAHAHAHAHA

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Why celibate Christmas at all.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It would be so much easier for all involved if all major holidays were moved to Monday and if they moved the Super Bowl to Saturday night.

If College Football could change the bowl system the way they did, the NFL can too.
I'd prefer them to push the season to the Sunday before Washington's B-Day.
Either an extra week of games or an extra week off (yes, I saw the Concussion movie)

upschuck

Don't worry, if anything like here, if any business is closed in a office building or the such, then they will k/c that whole building.