Holiday Send Agains

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The businesses that we deliver to are not Fortune 500 companies like UPS.
Most don't have set holiday schedules like bigger businesses would.
I've covered a lot of routes in my day, most don't know if they'll be off a certain day until a few days before.
UPS still throws out the PMT 3 weeks in advance like that is going to help them.
Business send-agains are going to happen, and UPS will just have to deal with it.
My business agent would be a rabid dog if a driver was disciplined for that BS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not sure about that last statement but the NFL will never get rid of Super Bowl SUNDAY
Ratings are down fewer kids are playing the sport. I expect the downward ratings trend to continue for a good while.

My brother in law who has had Sunday ticket every year since it came out didn't watch one game last season. I joined him. We both agreed it was awesome not having an entire day taken up by football for 4 months out of the year.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Ratings are down fewer kids are playing the sport. I expect the downward ratings trend to continue for a good while.

My brother in law who has had Sunday ticket every year since it came out didn't watch one game last season. I joined him. We both agreed it was awesome not having an entire day taken up by football for 4 months out of the year.

The concussion epidemic will slow youth football involvement, but the NFL is not going down anytime soon.
Americans love the fast hard-hitting action too much. UFC's growth mirrors that sentiment.
I also think boxing will someday make a comeback but it needs people the public wants to see.

Eventually, i believe that anyone over 18 will have to sign a paper that they know the implications of playing football (concussions) and they waive their right to legal recourse. That's the only way the NFL will be able to curb it because there is no more ways to make the game safer. I guarantee that thousands of people would still sign it because that's just what we Americans are, carnage loving fools. LOL

Brownslave688

The concussion epidemic will slow youth football involvement, but the NFL is not going down anytime soon.
Americans love the fast hard-hitting action too much. UFC's growth mirrors that sentiment.
I also think boxing will someday make a comeback but it needs people the public wants to see.

Eventually, i believe that anyone over 18 will have to sign a paper that they know the implications of playing football (concussions) and they waive their right to legal recourse. That's the only way the NFL will be able to curb it because there is no more ways to make the game safer. I guarantee that thousands of people would still sign it because that's just what we Americans are, carnage loving fools. LOL

The carnage is leaving the game though and that's why I see it going down.

Don't get me wrong I understand why but the concussion stuff is what will be the downfall. You get closer and closer to flag football every year. There's a reason flag football isn't the #1 sport in the country

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have you ever been to a pro game? Even toned down it is nothing like flag football.

It is starting to lose popularity because it is simply too damn expensive for a family of 4 to go to a pro game.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Have you ever been to a pro game? Even toned down it is nothing like flag football.

It is starting to lose popularity because it is simply too damn expensive for a family of 4 to go to a pro game.

The thing about football is that there's only 8 home games (+ - preseason,playoffs), other sports have 41 - 81 home games.
Spending for an NFL game is more of an event than the others. The attendance speaks for itself outside of the terrible teams.

My one and only NFL game was October 30th, 1994, the old Foxborough
Miami in town and wins 23-3, 2 Keith Byars TD's

Brownslave688

I've been to a lot of pro football games. Give me college over pro any day of the week. The atmosphere is so much better.

Going to the games has nothing to do with losing tv audience.

Brownslave688

The thing about football is that there's only 8 home games (+ - preseason,playoffs), other sports have 41 - 81 home games.
Spending for an NFL game is more of an event than the others. The attendance speaks for itself outside of the terrible teams.

My one and only NFL game was October 30th, 1994, the old Foxborough
Miami in town and wins 23-3, 2 Keith Byars TD's
Number of games is why we have season tickets for mizzou. Yeah it's a 4 hour drive but you're talking 6-7 weekends a year. Totally doable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've been to a lot of pro football games. Give me college over pro any day of the week. The atmosphere is so much better.

Going to the games has nothing to do with losing tv audience.

You mean other than the blackout rules?

Took my son and his FWB to their first pro game in Buffalo. Cost me $300 just to walk in the door. $20 to park in some guys backyard. $70 for my hotel room (son stayed with FWB), $50 for food and $50 for gas. $500 for one football game. Double it if we had gone to Gillette.

Brownslave688

You mean other than the blackout rules?

Took my son and his FWB to their first pro game in Buffalo. Cost me $300 just to walk in the door. $20 to park in some guys backyard. $70 for my hotel room (son stayed with FWB), $50 for food and $50 for gas. $500 for one football game. Double it if we had gone to Gillette.
Yeah with 8 games they have to maximize profits.

$70 on a hotel
And $50 for food you got off cheap. Lol

Brownslave688

I was the only one staying in the hotel so I hog their cheapest room.

Hot dogs were only $5 at the stadium.

I have no problem with them making money---just not off my back.

BTW, TV time outs suck.
Yeah you don't think anything of a tv timeout at home watching the game.

At the game however they are very annoying.

We go to a few cardinals games every year. We always get all inclusive tickets. Usually around $150-$200 a piece. Which is way cheaper than what we would pay buying all of the food and drinks and seats separately.

For years we stayed at the westin which is literally across the street from the stadium. When they first opened we paid around $200 for a room. Recently the prices have started to creep up around $400 which is freaking crazy.