How bummed are the “Vote No” guys gonna be when the contract passed due to poor turnout.

Bad Gas!

Typical American style
Not with with either side: company, union don't vote...Just like our US elections...Don't like either party: don't vote....It's a shame..Members could've got a better deal. Maybe in 5 years when Hoffa is old news..

Laguna Preload

Yup I said it.
About as bummed as all those who didn’t vote here in California when they see there pay raised to $12 an hour January 1st before UPS can even give them $13. When they see this on there check they will instantly realize they just got screwed and will wish they would have voted.
They will be bummed every single year of this rejected contract as they see there pay stay just a lttile bit above minimum wage.
My hats off to you UPS and IBT you played this one beautifuly.

LagunaBrown

About as bummed as all those who didn’t vote here in California when they see there pay raised to $12 an hour January 1st before UPS can even give them $13. When they see this on there check they will instantly realize they just got screwed and will wish they would have voted.
They will be bummed every single year of this rejected contract as they see there pay stay just a lttile bit above minimum wage.
My hats off to you UPS and IBT you played this one beautifuly.
You are from our local, did you not see all the get the vote out flyers that were handed out? It was not for lack of effort. People just don’t care. Read the flag it talks about apathy.
4D95EAA1-C7EB-45F4-8566-3193C8524992.jpeg
61DA295E-BDA5-45E5-9A06-9BABE284A021.jpeg

Sum Gai

If you wanted the contract to pass wouldn't the optimal strategy be to not vote at all? If 100% of the votes were no but only 40% turned out none of those votes matter. Voting yes can actually backfire if those votes would send it over the minimum amount of turnout before no votes start mattering (If there was 60% turnout and 70% voted no, if all those who wanted it to pass had not voted at all the contract would pass instead of being rejected).

Since low turnout is common in democratic politics (Two places that have the highest % of voter turnout in the world is Australia where it is compulsory and Vietnam which is a one party state) I'm not surprised. I'm also sure why someone thought a rule like that was a good idea.

LagunaBrown

I think someone posted it either here or on Facebook
I am willing to bet if these guys spent less time on Browncafe and more time getting the vote out, their Local would be over 50% in voters. Seriously, I bet most people complaining here did not even get 50% turnout in their local but blame the IBTs for everything.

cachmeifucan

I'm bummed that enough people didn't vote but here in :censored2:cago we still get to vote and now we know that a non vote is a yes vote it should be interesting. I highly doubt we vote soon I'm sure they will wait until after supplements are forced on everyone. And peak is gone and we loose our leverage. Best thing is I know our national teamsters pres probably won't run again.

cachmeifucan

I'm bummed that enough people didn't vote but here in :censored2:cago we still get to vote and now we know that a non vote is a yes vote it should be interesting. I highly doubt we vote soon I'm sure they will wait until after supplements are forced on everyone. And peak is gone and we loose our leverage. Best thing is I know our national teamsters pres probably won't run again.
You can't make up words now

Integrity

Binge Poster
A non vote is not a yes vote.