How bummed are the “Vote No” guys gonna be when the contract passed due to poor turnout.

LagunaBrown

Which item am I off base on specifically? 1,2,3 or 4?

I am not "you guys". I am not speaking on behalf of anyone else.

I was informed of "the rules". That does not means that the rules should not be changed.They hardly represent the voting majority.

I agree with needing more members to vote. That is the problem with America. They take the democratic process for granted, or have no sense of civic responsibility.

That being said, they way this entire process has gone down is shameful on many parts. The IBT leadership and "the rules" in the IBT constitution need to be tossed and replaced.
Sorry but IMO you can’t be mad over a rule that’s been in play for 27 years. Take some ownership and move on because EVERY contract it gets brought up. You guys were close just keep building and stop to correct someone when they miss inform members. The fact that the vote went up is actually a big positive but I have never heard so much nonsense and crying.

Dollar Chasing

Tony, Laguna, Tony, Laguna. Hard to imagine those are the most recent posts to this thread:rolleyes:

That being said, although you were both right about a bad contract being imposed on us, Tyler is right as well. It was voted down, plain and simple.

If you want to call this a "win" for the IBT, UPS & the vote yes crowd, so be it. Clearly, it was not a win for the aforementioned groups. Rather, just a forcing of a crap sandwich down the throats of 54% of the voting members that said NO.

All told, you guys and the rest of the IBT vote yes crowd had better get your ducks in a row, as you only have a few years left to impose your imperialist views on some very unhappy "brothers & sisters" of yours.

Good day & good luck.
What about the 57% of people who didn’t vote? They could have changed it, and they didn’t through pure laziness. Enough people voted yes to keep the 66% vote from pushing through. And Tyler is a maroon. I watched his first video, and lost all respect for him. All of the people who think he is some hero are just as dumb as the people who say they’re going to withdraw from the Union. Straight cancer.

What about the 57% of people who didn’t vote? They could have changed it, and they didn’t through pure laziness. Enough people voted yes to keep the 66% vote from pushing through. And Tyler is a maroon. I watched his first video, and lost all respect for him. All of the people who think he is some hero are just as dumb as the people who say they’re going to withdraw from the Union. Straight cancer.
The membership can only blame themselves.

Total package

We can rebuild him
The membership can only blame themselves.
I would agree with you 100% if we our membership was all full-time or part-timers with enough invested in the job to care. How many of these ballots went to college students, people between other jobs or someone hired just recently enough to get a ballot? That said it is still pitiful more didn't vote , it is ridiculously quick and easy. To be honest, I don't know know why new part-timers that didnt care about anything else wouldn't vote Yes just for the quick bu

I would agree with you 100% if we our membership was all full-time or part-timers with enough invested in the job to care. How many of these ballots went to college students, people between other jobs or someone hired just recently enough to get a ballot? That said it is still pitiful more didn't vote , it is ridiculously quick and easy. To be honest, I don't know know why new part-timers that didnt care about anything else wouldn't vote Yes just for the quick bu
It took me longer to type in the web address than it did to vote and it was still less than a minute

Total package

We can rebuild him
Don't get your butt in trouble at work. Who would want to defend you ??
Totally agree. I have no doubt management would have gotten rid of me a few months ago if not for the union. With 22.4 drivers coming older guys like me and you will have more of a target on us and newer people will need to try and rebuild the union if anything is to get better

Last edited by a moderator:
Or why a high seniority FT or PT would vote yes just for the bump in the pension.

Totally agree. I have no doubt management would have gotten rid of me a few months ago if not for the union. With 22.4 drivers coming older guys like me and you will have more of a target on us and newer people will need to try and rebuild the union if anything is to get better
I'm just as disappointed with the veteran employees

oldupsman

Not bummed at all. The union will be working for me for free, from this day forward. I'll withdraw from dues.

I wouldn't recommend that action. But I don't think you'll be the only one. I'm afraid they'll
be a lot more people doing that than the IBT ever imagined. And I get it, I really do. There's
going to be a lot of anger and bitterness out there. And that's not going to be good for the IBT or UPS.

I wouldn't recommend that action. But I don't think you'll be the only one. I'm afraid they'll
be a lot more people doing that than the IBT ever imagined. And I get it, I really do. There's
going to be a lot of anger and bitterness out there. And that's not going to be good for the IBT or UPS.
It won't be good for the next IBT election...

oldupsman

The fact that UPS put a press release talking about going back to the table tells me this is not
the way they wanted it to go down. I think they're even surprised how the IBT has rolled over and played dead.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
No surprise here..roll over and play dead is in their DNA...

Maybe it is damage control by UPS, with 56 percent of their union employees not even bothering or caring enough vote one way or the other speaks volumes about their workplace environment. A vast majority of their employees could care less with they had to go out and get another job elsewhere, they see no future advancement with the company so why vote on increasing pensions or improve their hourly rate, just passing through, could care less what happens, not worth the effort...

So they go back to the table..Do not expect any improvements as far a monetary..Possible improvements in Health and Welfare, depends if Team Care agrees to eliminate any excessive co-pays or deductibles. The Central went down again like the last contract, needs to be voted on again. I was kind of disappointed that it only went down by 1446 votes. Too many scared rabbits I guess..

I also noticed that the Central and the Western Supplements had the same exact yes votes (10,983) weird what are the odds on that one.

Louisville local 89 very disappointed about their voting percentages, again the cancer of apathy showing it's face.

It would of been interesting to see just how the "Ohio Rider" would of went over if it was presented to membership for vote..Again another "roll over and play dead" display.

LagunaBrown

Z
No surprise here..roll over and play dead is in their DNA...

Maybe it is damage control by UPS, with 56 percent of their union employees not even bothering or caring enough vote one way or the other speaks volumes about their workplace environment. A vast majority of their employees could care less with they had to go out and get another job elsewhere, they see no future advancement with the company so why vote on increasing pensions or improve their hourly rate, just passing through, could care less what happens, not worth the effort...

So they go back to the table..Do not expect any improvements as far a monetary..Possible improvements in Health and Welfare, depends if Team Care agrees to eliminate any excessive co-pays or deductibles. The Central went down again like the last contract, needs to be voted on again. I was kind of disappointed that it only went down by 1446 votes. Too many scared rabbits I guess..

I also noticed that the Central and the Western Supplements had the same exact yes votes (10,983) weird what are the odds on that one.

Louisville local 89 very disappointed about their voting percentages, again the cancer of apathy showing it's face.

It would of been interesting to see just how the "Ohio Rider" would of went over if it was presented to membership for vote..Again another "roll over and play dead" display.
You are right total damage control

Last edited:

oldupsman

Z

You are right otal damage control

I really believe this is not what UPS wanted if the contract was turned down. I think they
would have been quite willing to go back to the table and conceded some things. Work through peak,
figure out some things, vote after the new year.

Who most likely voted? I'd say full time drivers. Who shows up every day? Who works those 70 hour
weeks? Full time drivers. Who's very angry and bitter right now. Full time drivers. That's not what UPS
wanted going into peak.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

1. I was upset this thing ever made it to a vote
2. Im slightly upset to have to live with its consequences.
3. The ones who should be or will be upset dont understand what the h..l just happened or havent been hired.
Just one aspect that cant be understated is the toll this job will take on families. Its really one of those, if you've never been there done that you truly are clueless, kind of jobs. That being the case, 22.4s have a much higher likelihood of an even higher divorce rate than current drivers. Thus, a much lower quality of life. For me this was never about the money just that which money cannot buy. Im not at all opposed to raises or making an obscene amount of cash. I just know money doesn't do all that we fool ourselves into thinking it does. For instance you can buy caffeine or other stimulants, to stay awake and power through projects. However your body, when you sleep renews you brain fluids completely. Thus, by forcing yourself off schedule you don't receive the benefits of brain function you could. Read up on most uber rich, jeff b, and they guard their sleep as much or more than money.