How bummed are the “Vote No” guys gonna be when the contract passed due to poor turnout.

I figure she at least gives the guys that throw bills at her a little more attention than the ones throwing change.

881534.gif

LagunaBrown

Not being an :censored2:, you can look it up again, it can't "automatically ratify" for any reason, loophole, or otherwise. If it is brought to the membership as a last/best/final (which this hasn't), and <50% of members vote, it would require a supermajority "no" vote to vote it down. With <50% and <2/3 "no" vote, it CAN be imposed. Not will, not shall, and definitely not automatically.
I guess we find out for sure today.

Tony Q

How did he not know about the constitution? It didn’t get voted down.
That guy better hope he never has a bad accident while working in the UPS truck. He’s close to driving for Fedex or Amazon more than he knows. He better hope they don’t look into his background or his utube videos. Then they won’t hire him.

LagunaBrown

That guy better hope he never has a bad accident while working in the UPS truck. He’s close to driving for Fedex or Amazon more than he knows. He better hope they don’t look into his background or his utube videos. Then they won’t hire him.
The Union will save his job even though he bashed them.

a911scanner

Tony, Laguna, Tony, Laguna. Hard to imagine those are the most recent posts to this thread:rolleyes:

That being said, although you were both right about a bad contract being imposed on us, Tyler is right as well. It was voted down, plain and simple.

If you want to call this a "win" for the IBT, UPS & the vote yes crowd, so be it. Clearly, it was not a win for the aforementioned groups. Rather, just a forcing of a crap sandwich down the throats of 54% of the voting members that said NO.

All told, you guys and the rest of the IBT vote yes crowd had better get your ducks in a row, as you only have a few years left to impose your imperialist views on some very unhappy "brothers & sisters" of yours.

Good day & good luck.

How did he not know about the constitution? It didn’t get voted down.
Reading comprehension is not his strong point. We would not have went on strike in 97 if the contract went up for a vote. That’s why ups wanted it voted on and Ron Carey didn’t put it up for a vote.

LagunaBrown

The contract was voted down. He's not wrong. But it may be forced on us through a loophole, there's a difference.
You guys love to make :censored2: up. That was in the IBT constitution since 1991. Even Ron Carey had that language. It’s not a loophole it was posted here and one of many factors.

LagunaBrown

Tony, Laguna, Tony, Laguna. Hard to imagine those are the most recent posts to this thread:rolleyes:

That being said, although you were both right about a bad contract being imposed on us, Tyler is right as well. It was voted down, plain and simple.

If you want to call this a "win" for the IBT, UPS & the vote yes crowd, so be it. Clearly, it was not a win for the aforementioned groups. Rather, just a forcing of a crap sandwich down the throats of 54% of the voting members that said NO.

All told, you guys and the rest of the IBT vote yes crowd had better get your ducks in a row, as you only have a few years left to impose your imperialist views on some very unhappy "brothers & sisters" of yours.

Good day & good luck.
That is where you a off base. It is neither a yes or a no win in fact it is a loss because we can’t get enough people to vote. I have NEVER claimed a yes win because some areas should have voted no. Funny how all you guys all acted like know it alls flexing a win and did not even know the rules. All I really want is you guys to keep your passion just a do a better job of knowing how these things work. Your organizing people to vote is hard work and commendable but there was a lot of misinformation out there.

a911scanner

That is where you a off base. It is neither a yes or a no win in fact it is a loss because we can’t get enough people to vote. I have NEVER claimed a yes win because some areas should have voted no. Funny how all you guys all acted like know it alls flexing a win and did not even know the rules. All I really want is you guys to keep your passion just a do a better job of knowing how these things work.

Which item am I off base on specifically? 1,2,3 or 4?

I am not "you guys". I am not speaking on behalf of anyone else.

I was informed of "the rules". That does not means that the rules should not be changed.They hardly represent the voting majority.

I agree with needing more members to vote. That is the problem with America. They take the democratic process for granted, or have no sense of civic responsibility.

That being said, they way this entire process has gone down is shameful on many parts. The IBT leadership and "the rules" in the IBT constitution need to be tossed and replaced.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What a bunch of crybabies
There is probably reason to cry but not because of the ratification.

I think if all the self centered, self serving malcontents who mascarade as good UPS empoyees and view themselves as even better Teamsters than anyone go to the nearest mirror and take a good hard and honest look at the reality of themselves and their life, there just might be plenty to cry about.

Just sayin.