How bummed are the “Vote No” guys gonna be when the contract passed due to poor turnout.

babboo25

Banned
If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure
of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provide shall require the Local Union Executive Board to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it

Teamsters Constitution

i never heard either side say anything about this being the final offer. this is really just round one with a strike authorization vote in the back pocket for a no vote on there final offer. the thing is i couldn't find any voting rules on a first offer
A strike authorization with 23% participation, which means a lot of you on here didn’t vote on that either, but all will say they did.

CoffeeStainedUniform

I think I'm in the minority here. I voted NO but personally would benefit from the contract passing.

I don't want to strike, and I'm sick of micromanaging my timecard so I dont get screwed on backpay. Furthermore I'm in progression and could use the raise.

If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure
of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provide shall require the Local Union Executive Board to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it

Teamsters Constitution

i never heard either side say anything about this being the final offer. this is really just round one with a strike authorization vote in the back pocket for a no vote on there final offer. the thing is i couldn't find any voting rules on a first offer

I stand corrected. I recalled it differently, thank you.

EasyTrucker

DT has stated that because he was able to get exactly what the areas with struggling Health and Welfare Funds and Pension Funds needed to shore up those Funds, that this indeed is UPS’s Best and Last Offer since we have already vote for Strike Authorization. I have no doubt that if the vote numbers allow it, then the language in The Constitution will be used to implement this contract.

LagunaBrown

Did you remind him of what time of the year it is?

There will not be any work stoppage going into peak.
Probably not but there could be loss of volume from customers. A lot of companies business did not move due to the strike and the ones that went to Fed Ex first did. 2 weeks may not be long to you but that really effected our customers. I dont know if the young guys know but we did not get any contractual jobs after the 1997 strike until we got the volume back that we lost. We were all handing sales leads out like crazy (about the only time I ever did). Funny how nobody mentions that.

EasyTrucker

Did you remind him of what time of the year it is?

There will not be any work stoppage going into peak.
Probably not but there could be loss of volume from customers. A lot of companies business did not move due to the strike and the ones that went to Fed Ex first did. 2 weeks may not be long to you but that really effected our customers. I dont know if the young guys know but we did not get any contractual jobs after the 1997 strike until we got the volume back that we lost. We were all handing sales leads out like crazy (about the only time I ever did). Funny how nobody mentions that.

I remember the sales leads and they would put the points on an American Express Card. I bought Disney tickets one year with it. Only because I had new businesses going into a new business park and got them signed up easy. 2 mortgage companies that used NDA for everything!!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
DT has stated that because he was able to get exactly what the areas with struggling Health and Welfare Funds and Pension Funds needed to shore up those Funds, that this indeed is UPS’s Best and Last Offer since we have already vote for Strike Authorization. I have no doubt that if the vote numbers allow it, then the language in The Constitution will be used to implement this contract.

I did not hear whether or not he said that, but if he did, looks like Article 12 is in play.

LagunaBrown

I remember the sales leads and they would put the points on an American Express Card. I bought Disney tickets one year with it. Only because I had new businesses going into a new business park and got them signed up easy. 2 mortgage companies that used NDA for everything!!
Mortgage companies were $$$ and all letters! Awesome.

Source? Because a steward in my building was saying this as well, and when I asked him if I could find this information anywhere other than him saying so he said no...so as far as I'm concerned it didn't happen. It would make no sense for this to be the final offer and for neither side to let the members know considering what the Article XII language says in regard to vote counts on final offers.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

written statement? conference call verbal statement? press statement? can't find it anywhere

LagunaBrown

I was honestly wondering today who would be the first to start a thread to gloat if the contract passes.

I got my money on you. :)

To be honest though it's sad when we cheer against each other like this is a sport.
No, I was just planning on putting a creative emoji charm on every vote no persons post. J\k I am not that kind of guy.

I will give you a few I told you so posts if this thing goes south though. I am not gonna lie If we lose the unlimited retiree cap that would be a shame.

bowhnterdon

I got news for him, we did NOT get the funds needed. At least not in my Local

bowhnterdon

Ups refused to create the jobs for the reason you stated. However I thought it went to Arbitration and the union Won. The Arbitrator then gave Ups a very short window to create them with backpay for those that won the bids

35years

Gravy route
Ups refused to create the jobs for the reason you stated. However I thought it went to Arbitration and the union Won. The Arbitrator then gave Ups a very short window to create them with backpay for those that won the bids
In my area they didn't create the jobs, cut out routes, and drivers were working 12 hour days. They completely exaggerated the "need" to cut routes so they could justify not creating the promised jobs. 12 hour days in August and September instead of 8-9 hrs days pre-strike. It was a big show to pretend our volume was too low to create the jobs.....and yes the result was a ruling on the side of the Union and against the company...UPS did not have the volume losses they claimed.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

B60889E3-C8C1-4806-BAFD-8A18B9A704AD.gif

Creative emoji charms anyone?